TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Addiction

Well I know I am addicted to Shelby because I just put a down payment on a 08 GT 500. I love my SGT, but I just had to have this one. I put my down payment yesterday and my sales rep called me today to say they have an allocation. I had to rush down to pick out my options. The only new options for 08 are the hid headlamps and interior ambient lighting and I got both. I got the ebony with white stripes and the red leather inserts. I wanted the red stripes on the car but they were not offering it as of yet. Now here goes the waiting game again! At least I won't have to wait for it from Shelby. I should have a vin in about 2 weeks or sooner. Now I am completely broke but happy. If I had a wife I could have never done this! Now I can stop putting as many miles on my SGT. I still think our SGT's are going to be worth more than the 500 in the future just because of no advertisement and dealers still don't know what the SGT really is.

Well I know I am addicted to Shelby because I just put a down payment on a 08 GT 500. I love my SGT, but I just had to have this one. I put my down payment yesterday and my sales rep called me today to say they have an allocation. I had to rush down to pick out my options. The only new options for 08 are the hid headlamps and interior ambient lighting and I got both. I got the ebony with white stripes and the red leather inserts. I wanted the red stripes on the car but they were not offering it as of yet. Now here goes the waiting game again! At least I won't have to wait for it from Shelby. I should have a vin in about 2 weeks or sooner. Now I am completely broke but happy. If I had a wife I could have never done this! Now I can stop putting as many miles on my SGT. I still think our SGT's are going to be worth more than the 500 in the future just because of no advertisement and dealers still don't know what the SGT really is.

Did you pay MSRP? I know, but since the sizzle is quite long gone you CAN get a better deal. GTPlumber I 100% times 10 would work the dealership with everything you have, NO ADM! B)

Congrats :)

If I was single, I'd do the same thing. I love my SGT. But, yeah! I'd be in line with you.

Concrats!

If I was single, I'd do the same thing. I love my SGT. But, yeah! I'd be in line with you.

Concrats!

If I were single, my garage would be bigger than my house and i'd already have a GT500(and be strongly considering the SS option pkg) to go with the SGT, the SGT would be waiting longer for more options and I'd be using a stock GT convertible for my daily driver "beater" :)

If I were single, my garage would be bigger than my house and i'd already have a GT500(and be strongly considering the SS option pkg) to go with the SGT, the SGT would be waiting longer for more options and I'd be using a stock GT convertible for my daily driver "beater" :)

Thanks alot guys. I worked alot of weekends the past 7 years that I have been in business for myself so I had been saving for a nice car for awhile. I have my SGT paid for but I have to finance the GT 500. I did pay 7 grand over but that was the best I could get them to do. My total price is 54,700 somewhere close to that. I was able to put 19,000 down so I am financing 35,000. I believe that I am going to have to extend my garage!!! I have a shop building uptown but I am afraid to leave it in there. This forum is the best thing going and their are alot of great people on here.

Thanks alot guys. I worked alot of weekends the past 7 years that I have been in business for myself so I had been saving for a nice car for awhile. I have my SGT paid for but I have to finance the GT 500. I did pay 7 grand over but that was the best I could get them to do. My total price is 54,700 somewhere close to that. I was able to put 19,000 down so I am financing 35,000. I believe that I am going to have to extend my garage!!! I have a shop building uptown but I am afraid to leave it in there. This forum is the best thing going and their are alot of great people on here.

WOW! a 500 and now 2 SGT's? You da man!

You going to get the bells and whistles on this new one?

gtpumber....you have definitly planned your life correctly. Buy all your dream cars now and then find a wife (with a good job) who will help you pay for them. :)

...I still think our SGT's are going to be worth more than the 500 in the future just because of no advertisement and dealers still don't know what the SGT really is.

No advertizing and clueless dealers is exactly why my SVO is worth less than a comperable year GT even though the SVO was the top of the line mustang edition/package when it was made. Sometimes excusivity works against you in the long run.

The SGT kinda remind me of the 1968 GT/CS.

I read that Ford was originally going to build 5500 1968 GT/CS' but had to cut it back to 4325 due to lack of sales. http://www.californiaspecial.com/history.htm

While the GT/CS isn't setting any Barrett-Jackson records, over the years it has become more of a collector's car.

But I'm not buying it collectibility or speed/power. I like to say that it may only have 19 more hp, but that extra 19hp looks goooood. :D

No advertizing and clueless dealers is exactly why my SVO is worth less than a comperable year GT even though the SVO was the top of the line mustang edition/package when it was made. Sometimes excusivity works against you in the long run.

You know you are probaly right. It certainly is not the first time auto manufactuers have fooled the public. I really bought both of these cars because they are so unique and beautiful. There is no way these cars will bring in the future what the older Shelby's are bringing.

gtpumber....you have definitly planned your life correctly. Buy all your dream cars now and then find a wife (with a good job) who will help you pay for them. :)

I still have 2 kids to take care of though. Luckily they are 8 and 11. So no driving for awhile. And they don't affect my insurance rates! Yet. I have my kids 24/7. Yes Red Line I need a wife who has a great job and no kids!

GTPlumber- You are the man, I mean really. You know what enjoying yourself is. I just love to read and hear about things like this, this is what life is really about i.e.: doing the things you want to do, not just saying " I shoulda, coulda or woulda if I'd only".... Those 3 words are for losers, you are a winner and you act like it. I absolutely love it.

Swede :):)

GTPlumber- You are the man, I mean really. You know what enjoying yourself is. I just love to read and hear about things like this, this is what life is really about i.e.: doing the things you want to do, not just saying " I shoulda, coulda or woulda if I'd only".... Those 3 words are for losers, you are a winner and you act like it. I absolutely love it.

Swede :):)

Ummmmmm, gtplumber, you may have found that wife you have been looking for. Can't vouch for the good job though. :lol:

You know you are probaly right. It certainly is not the first time auto manufactuers have fooled the public. I really bought both of these cars because they are so unique and beautiful. There is no way these cars will bring in the future what the older Shelby's are bringing.

I still have 2 kids to take care of though. Luckily they are 8 and 11. So no driving for awhile. And they don't affect my insurance rates! Yet. I have my kids 24/7. Yes Red Line I need a wife who has a great job and no kids!

If your luck was like mine, you'd find a great woman with twin 16 year olds!!!! :P Nothing wrong with having the kids 24/7 especially since they can help wash the new "babies"-congrats again and enjoy.

If your luck was like mine, you'd find a great woman with twin 16 year olds!!!! :P Nothing wrong with having the kids 24/7 especially since they can help wash the new "babies"-congrats again and enjoy.

Thanks shelbydream! My kids do help out alot around the house. If you have twin 16 year olds around your house then there is something going on! As for now I am out of energy for a relationship, so I will keep on having an affair with my 2 Shelby girls!

Archived