TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood scoop replacement (part 3)

blueshawk

Is anyone satisfied with the replacement scoop? Was there any improvement? New problems?

I'm going to have mine replaced next week and want to know what to tell the dealer's body shop supervisor. Since I'm not too trusting of dealers and mechanics who've never done such an install, I'm a little concerned.

Is anyone satisfied with the replacement scoop? Was there any improvement? New problems?

I'm going to have mine replaced next week and want to know what to tell the dealer's body shop supervisor. Since I'm not too trusting of dealers and mechanics who've never done such an install, I'm a little concerned.

If you search this forum, you will find there are still issues. I am on my 3rd scoop, and am having lifting issues again.

Bud recently posted that they are aware and working on it.

I don't plan on having mine replaced until they come up with a more permanent fix.

Good luck !

Sue

If you search this forum, you will find there are still issues. I am on my 3rd scoop, and am having lifting issues again.

I don't plan on having mine replaced until they come up with a more permanent fix.

Good luck !

Sue

Good luck !

My edges have a 3/16" gap on each side and some wrinkles on the upper part of the scoop on the drivers side. However, the front corners of the scoop is pretty close to being in contact with the hood. The back passenger side corner is lifted about 1/16". How does this fare with others? Is there hope to see any improvement with the replacement or should I just wait until another solution is developed?

Archived