TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Shelbyperformance parts working

shelbyguy01

Hi all.

Sorry to bring this to the main boards but i cannot get a return email from SPP. I ordered items June 27th and I have no idea if or when they will be sent. I recevied an emal when i sent my order in showing what i had ordered.

Since then no communication at all. It has now been 14 days with no response or even a clue if they are sending out parts. I tried emailing also and they never responded to that.

Do any of you guys know if they ever send out parts? 14 days just sitting there in this day and age. What kind of business is that? What kind of Company does not respond or communicate with customers?

Is there any way I find out if they are ever going to send out my items?

Any help would be appreciated.

Shelbyguy

Hi all.

Sorry to bring this to the main boards but i cannot get a return email from SPP. I ordered items June 27th and I have no idea if or when they will be sent. I recevied an emal when i sent my order in showing what i had ordered.

Since then no communication at all. It has now been 14 days with no response or even a clue if they are sending out parts. I tried emailing also and they never responded to that.

Do any of you guys know if they ever send out parts? 14 days just sitting there in this day and age. What kind of business is that? What kind of Company does not respond or communicate with customers?

Is there any way I find out if they are ever going to send out my items?

Any help would be appreciated.

Shelbyguy

Same here, but after about 2 1/2 weeks of waiting, I received a call SAI letting me know my parts were shipping.

Hi Shelbyguy,

I have ordered items on June 15th and when they didn't ship I called on June 21st and got a reply the next day saying my stuff would be shipped on the 25th, well that never happned. The week before t he 4th of July I called them again and left a message and they finally called me back this past Monday evening telling me that the suppliers for them is some of the cause. We shall see though.

Ben

A few of us (myself included) have received our orders (mine came Monday), and I saw that one partial order was shipped (I think). I received no confirmation that my order was available or that it had shipped; we simply got a box from UPS. Total time from order to receipt was about three weeks (I think), so just hang in there.

Yes it's working but it is slooooooooow. I just received 1/2 my order today after 22 days.

Here is my experience...your experience may vary depending on what was ordered.

• Opening day for site. Order placed on 6/18 for Shelby Floor Mats, Map light accent, Head Rest Cover, and Shelby Hat
  • Confirmation email was received on 6/18, VISA was not charged.
  • I requested a status via email on 7/4 (16 days).
  • Same confirmation email from 6/18 was resent by SAI (twice) on 7/5. No explanation on status of order.
  • Visa was charged for Floor mats and map light accent on 7/5.
  • Received Floor mats and map light accent on 7/10 (22 days). Invoice was included showing charge for only two items. The cool surprise is that I got a catalog with the order.
  • Still waiting for Head Rest Cover and Shelby Hat.

It's not my usual online experience. I'm giving SAI a lot of leeway with it being a new site but when we give them our VISA, we deserve a status of the order and an expected date of when it will be charged. I'm OK with waiting but it's the not knowing that is frustrating. I'm guessing they were trying to fill the whole order but gave up and sent me what they could. Of course I'm still waiting for the remainder of the order without any explanation when I will receive it. :(

It's almost funny. Instead of checking the SGT vin status daily it has been replaced with a daily check of my VISA for Shelby charges. :rolleyes:

Has anyone received the Head Rest Covers? What do you think? Was it worth it? How does it look?

Love the floor mats but why don't they include mats for the back seat?

Is Shelbyperformance parts working?

I'd have to say yes, but not very effectively...

Why? I've been trying to find out some information on the SPP's suspension kit from Eibach for the GT500. I've e-mail SPP 3 times asking them to varify the parts in their kit because the picture on SPP's site doesn't match-up to the GT500 suspension kit from Eibach and SPP's part number and Eibach's part number are the same. On my 3rd e-mail I recieved a reply from Kevin, he said that they would look into it and get back to me, that was last Friday 7/6 and as of today 7/12 I have not recieved any more information from Kevin...

It appears that Kevin is the only live body working the SPP sales site and if this is the case I'm sure that he is overwhelmed with daily site duties and answering questions fielded from the sales site.

I've got a $3,800 order waiting to be placed, but I need to know what I'm buying before I submit my order.

I'm sure they'll work out the bugs eventually.

WP

AMY.....you out there AMY?........This is BAD for Business!

You should NOT have launched shelbyperformanceparts.com until SAI was ready to handle business.

This is NOT a good thing.

On June 18th I sent an email (through this new site) for clarification of a hood pin kit I wanted to purchase - I had a couple of questions before ordering.

I actually had asked Bud to order it and ship it on June 15th - but Bud replied and asked me to order it through the new website!

TO DATE I have heard nothing more - NOTHING!

I'm counting the day until either shelbyperformanceparts.com and/or Bud replies to me with what I wanted to purchase! I had even given Bud my credit card information.

Still, after nearly a month, I'd have to say that I am now officially "lost in the shuffle."

Really BAD business guys!

I have been self-employed now for over 24 years. If I had prospective clients phoning me about ordering my products/services (even giving their credit card information to me in advance!) and did not respond to their inquiry - - - I'd be out of business.

:huh:

Ordered the signature floor mats 071807. I actually got a live person (Kenny?) on the phone and placed the order. He said it was in stock and it being shipped 071907.

Maybe they are getting caught up.

we are caught up it seems. We did the deal, transferred almost 500K of inventory to SPP and then left them to sort it. # weeks later they have done an amazing job and I couldn't be prouder of this relationship. This has also allowed Bud to take a bigger role in warrenty and the mod shop dealing with all customers on cars direct.

This was a good deal and will continue to get better, Scott drake has a great reputation. This really was all my fault in trying to do it all too fast, thanks for hanging in

Amy

we are caught up it seems. We did the deal, transferred almost 500K of inventory to SPP and then left them to sort it. # weeks later they have done an amazing job and I couldn't be prouder of this relationship. This has also allowed Bud to take a bigger role in warrenty and the mod shop dealing with all customers on cars direct.

This was a good deal and will continue to get better, Scott drake has a great reputation. This really was all my fault in trying to do it all too fast, thanks for hanging in

Amy

Thanks for the update ! I just want to say, Bud has been AMAZING in how he handles things. He has always come through for me ...even in my most "frustrated " moments.

Is Shelbyperformance parts working?

I'd have to say yes, but not very effectively...

Why? I've been trying to find out some information on the SPP's suspension kit from Eibach for the GT500. I've e-mail SPP 3 times asking them to varify the parts in their kit because the picture on SPP's site doesn't match-up to the GT500 suspension kit from Eibach and SPP's part number and Eibach's part number are the same. On my 3rd e-mail I recieved a reply from Kevin, he said that they would look into it and get back to me, that was last Friday 7/6 and as of today 7/12 I have not recieved any more information from Kevin...

It appears that Kevin is the only live body working the SPP sales site and if this is the case I'm sure that he is overwhelmed with daily site duties and answering questions fielded from the sales site.

I've got a $3,800 order waiting to be placed, but I need to know what I'm buying before I submit my order.

I'm sure they'll work out the bugs eventually.

WP

OK, it's been three, THAT'S 3, weeks since Kevin at SPP replied to my third e-mail request, detailed above, saying that he would look into it and get back to me... As of today 7/26 Kevin has not gotten back to me eventhough I sent him another e-mail last Thursday 7/19 asking if he had gotten to the bottom of the issue

So all together it's been well over 6 weeks that I've been trying to get customer service at SPP to varify the parts in their Eibach suspension kit for the GT500 and all they've offered me is lip service...

Is SPP working? Not on all cylinders in my honest opinion.

It's a shame that a quality company like SAI has decided to partner with a distribution company that doesn't seem to understand the value of good customer service, or possibly, have enough people in sales to operate efficiently.

As it stands today, I probably won't do business with SPP, they've lost me as a customer even before I ever placed an order. For those of you that have/will do business with SPP, keep it simple, don't ask any hard questions and hope that you get the products that they say they are and advertise on their site.

WP

OK, it's been three, THAT'S 3, weeks since Kevin at SPP replied to my third e-mail request, detailed above, saying that he would look into it and get back to me... As of today 7/26 Kevin has not gotten back to me eventhough I sent him another e-mail last Thursday 7/19 asking if he had gotten to the bottom of the issue

So all together it's been well over 6 weeks that I've been trying to get customer service at SPP to varify the parts in their Eibach suspension kit for the GT500 and all they've offered me is lip service...

It's a shame that a quality company like SAI has decided to partner with a distribution company that doesn't seem to understand the value of good customer service, or possibly, have enough people in sales to operate efficiently.

As it stands today, I probably won't do business with SPP, they've lost me as a customer even before I ever placed an order. For those of you that have/will do business with SPP, keep it simple, don't ask any hard questions and hope that you get the products that they say they are and advertise on their site.

WP

I have to say, it is pretty amazing how poorly they are doing so far. They aren't even as good as the mom and pop Ford Racing Performance Parts shop nearest me who doesn't even have a computer!!! They can still get my order in and usually have it to me in less than two weeks. The best part is I don't have to pay for shipping (I pick up the parts) and the prices are always lower than anything on the internet.

WP

I understand your frustration, I was going thru a similiar situation recently with SPP, but let me suggest this......try emailing Randi Denton rdenton@shelbyperformanceparts.com. She (I think she's a she, we have never spoke) has consistently gotten back to me within 24 hours and although there are delays with product delivery, she has answered all my questions, kept me apprised of updates and provided great customer service in general. Hopefully you will have better luck with her.

I thought about bringing my gripe to the forums (previous lesson learned) but opted for emailing Randi and it worked out well for me, give it a try & good luck.

I just have to vent a little and advise everyone out here if you order the awesome looking armrest cover be forewarned IT COMES AS A CUTOUT PIECE OF LEATHER YOU HAVE TO ATTACH WITH GLUE AND SCREWS FROM THE EXISTING ARMREST. I am trying to give Shelby every benefit of doubt but lately they have really disappointed me. The product description could at least advise some assembly required. I know there are some out there who can do things like this in there garage but not everyone out here has access to the required tools or have a knowledge on how to do things like this. I know this isn't a major job like a supercharger, etc. It just would have been nice to see a fitted cover show up like them picture represents. It's not like the armrest in a mustang are differnt sizes. :( Vent over and warning up for those of you thinking of ordering one.

I just have to vent a little and advise everyone out here if you order the awesome looking armrest cover be forewarned IT COMES AS A CUTOUT PIECE OF LEATHER YOU HAVE TO ATTACH WITH GLUE AND SCREWS FROM THE EXISTING ARMREST. I am trying to give Shelby every benefit of doubt but lately they have really disappointed me. The product description could at least advise some assembly required. I know there are some out there who can do things like this in there garage but not everyone out here has access to the required tools or have a knowledge on how to do things like this. I know this isn't a major job like a supercharger, etc. It just would have been nice to see a fitted cover show up like them picture represents. It's not like the armrest in a mustang are differnt sizes. :( Vent over and warning up for those of you thinking of ordering one.

I saw that and somehow recognized it from another internet seller who warned you that glue was required. I decided against it.

I purchased one of these a few weeks ago also. I bought an extra arm rest from Michael Morris so I wouldn't ruin the original when glueing. I glued it on this past weekend, was a little hard to get everything lined up and pulled tight but I think it came out OK. You have to be carefull when spraying the glue which is an extra $8-$15 at your local parts store and also cutting excess material in order to get it to fit under the inner panel. The arm rest looks good and should look even better when the matching headrests are available which according to the catalog are supposed to be slip on's. Good luck when you mount your cover, just take your time and don't cut too much material.

I understand your frustration, I was going thru a similiar situation recently with SPP, but let me suggest this......try emailing Randi Denton rdenton@shelbyperformanceparts.com. She (I think she's a she, we have never spoke) has consistently gotten back to me within 24 hours and although there are delays with product delivery, she has answered all my questions, kept me appraised of updates and provided great customer service in general. Hopefully you will have better luck with her.

I thought about bringing my gripe to the forums (previous lesson learned) but opted for emailing Randi and it worked out well for me, give it a try & good luck.

Ugh...I could so automate the entire process, including status updates, shipping notification etc.!!! Kills me to read this and think that a live person needs to go off task and handle this stuff. What a waste of scarce resources.

All it will cost is a Supercharger w/installation!

<_<

I'm a new Shelby GT owner (only two weeks old). Already I want to boost the horsepower! Would you have any thoughts around adding a supercharger? I checked them out and the info says it will bring me up to 475HP.

I assume its order from the Shelby and get the dealer to install?

I'm a new Shelby GT owner (only two weeks old). Already I want to boost the horsepower! Would you have any thoughts around adding a supercharger? I checked them out and the info says it will bring me up to 475HP.

I assume its order from the Shelby and get the dealer to install?

Hi GitSome,

Welcome to the family.

Good info here on the Supercharger question:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1732

I understand your frustration, I was going thru a similiar situation recently with SPP, but let me suggest this......try emailing Randi Denton rdenton@shelbyperformanceparts.com. She (I think she's a she, we have never spoke) has consistently gotten back to me within 24 hours and although there are delays with product delivery, she has answered all my questions, kept me apprised of updates and provided great customer service in general. Hopefully you will have better luck with her.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just e-mailed Randi. I'll let you all know what happens.

WP

Archived