TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Razor wheels

ShelbyGT/SC

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but can someone at SAI please take a few pics of 2 black SGT's (one car in front of the other) so I can compare the silver Razors versus the black Razors?

I know I've spoken with several of you at SAI about this and I like the idea of having an all-black theme to my car, but I am still undecided. I absolutely respect your recommendations, perspective and design creativity, however, I’ve been seeing a lot of black cars on the road lately with black (and silver trim) wheels and for some reason it’s not coming to me as much as it did a few months ago. I’ve liked the black Razors ever since John posted the pics back around April. And, recently when SGTinBC posted his black Razors I liked his car so much that I made his picture my computer background pic (my wife was pissed that I replaced the family pic). Now, after seeing the silver Razors on Greg’s black SGT and more recently on Jason’s CS/8, they impress me quite a bit.

I am so unsure and undecided that I am considering purchasing both, but I think that’s a little extreme (and obviously costly). Maybe since I can’t make up my mind, I’ll just have SAI ship me the car with the black Razors on one side and the silver on the other. Think anyone would notice? LOL

Again, sorry to be so undecided but I want to make sure my selection is right for me.

Thanks in advance for your troubles.

I welcome everyone else’s thoughts and opinions on the subject too.

Adam

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but can someone at SAI please take a few pics of 2 black SGT's (one car in front of the other) so I can compare the silver Razors versus the black Razors?

I know I've spoken with several of you at SAI about this and I like the idea of having an all-black theme to my car, but I am still undecided. I absolutely respect your recommendations, perspective and design creativity, however, I’ve been seeing a lot of black cars on the road lately with black (and silver trim) wheels and for some reason it’s not coming to me as much as it did a few months ago. I’ve liked the black Razors ever since John posted the pics back around April. And, recently when SGTinBC posted his black Razors I liked his car so much that I made his picture my computer background pic (my wife was pissed that I replaced the family pic). Now, after seeing the silver Razors on Greg’s black SGT and more recently on Jason’s CS/8, they impress me quite a bit.

I am so unsure and undecided that I am considering purchasing both, but I think that’s a little extreme (and obviously costly). Maybe since I can’t make up my mind, I’ll just have SAI ship me the car with the black Razors on one side and the silver on the other. Think anyone would notice? LOL

Again, sorry to be so undecided but I want to make sure my selection is right for me.

Adam

Adam-

I too am undecided about the Razors, black or silver. I have also considerd the CS wheels in all chrome too, even though I like them I think all chrome is or might be just to much, but still would like to see an all chrome CS wheel on a black SGT. Undecided here in Portland too! Would like to see pictures like you have described.

Thanks. B)

Adam, Maybe you could order 1 anthricite, 1 black, 1 silver and gunmetal gray and see which one you like better. But if you really want the best looking ones, go for the chrome. That's what the cool Shelby chicks drive. LMAO :lol:

Here it is in chrome on my car that I only get to see in pictures. :(post-1350-1144429713_thumb.jpg

Sherri

Adam

post-3-1144438281_thumb.jpg

Check out! Gun metals!! I just order these for my Black SGT

Swede/Sherri, I was thinking that if I did go with the chrome, I'd go with the same ones that are on the SuperSnake. However, I don't want to mix it up (chrome, silver, black) that much.

Up until recently when I saw how much I like the silver wheels, I was sticking with the all-black theme. Now that I like the silver wheels, I think they are a good fit since it is a black car with silver stripes.

To keep it all to a minimal (and same theme), I am also going with the polished S/C and black valve covers installed by Tasca.

Sherri/Louie, I also liked the gunmetal/anthracite early on, but when I saw them on a black Mustang GT back in March, I thought it was a little too much contrast for the look I was going for (as mentioned above).

Sherri, I love the idea of 4 different wheels. It makes the decision much easier. Then my car would be the most 1-of-1 car ever produced (LOL)! I can see it now, 1 anthracite/gunmetal, 1 chrome, 1 black and 1 silver. I’d mix it up putting the black on the same side as the silver and the gunmetal on the same side as the chrome. SAI can you hook me up with that? I am sure to get looks from everyone.

Adam,

Not razors but here is the anthricite on a white GT/SC I think it compliments the side stripe nicely. The wheels are American Racing Shelby Legend Redlines.

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup...C/of=50,590,393

Rossgt, that does look sharp. I have for a while liked the gunmetal on the white car. If I had gone white, I would have definitely gone with the gunmetal Razors.

Hey, I also just noticed you hit the 500 mark. Pretty cool.

Adam,

Not razors but here is the anthricite on a white GT/SC I think it compliments the side stripe nicely. The wheels are American Racing Shelby Legend Redlines.

AMERICAN RACING SHELBY LEGEND REDLINES?

I THINK THE RIMS ARE ANTHRICITE AMERICAN RACING SHELBY GT40 WHEELS

Under the Shelby Legend heading, on the American Racing site, it is the Redline. The GT40's is a forged 3 piece wheel as on Socal's car and cost over $1000 each! Ouch.... these are more resaonable. In the high $200-Low $300 range. The GT40's come in Teflon (black) Silver as Socal's, gunmetal and gold. The GT40's are a 3 piece wheel the Redline's are 1 piece alloy in anthricite, black, silver and chrome.

Adam my 2 cents: I am not a fan of the Razors. They just dont do much for me. That being said I do love the looks of the chrome ones. I am just not a big fan of the blacked out look so maybe thats why the razors dont do it for me. But when I saw the chrome they looked sexy and not overbearing. But its your ride and your call. Im just a Mainah :)

Adam,

Way too dark in my opinion, drowns the car.

....they are the GT40 wheels, that is #12. Those wheels actually ended up on his GT500. He has silver GT40s on the Shelby GT/SC now. A long unimportant story.

Archived