TEAM SHELBY FORUM

warping grille

:blink: I just noticed after washing my car yesterday the bottom black plastic peice on the grille was warped up like waves in the ocean. Anyone else have this problem yet? I will post pics when I can get my wife to take some pics.

Yes, I do! Have you been using a front mask, aka bra?

:blink: I just noticed after washing my car yesterday the bottom black plastic peice on the grille was warped up like waves in the ocean. Anyone else have this problem yet? I will post pics when I can get my wife to take some pics.

My 05' had this same issue and I am seeing this with the 07' it's not an SAI issue but just something that happens to the that plastic. If it's real bad, this early, you might want to see if it's covered for a replacement but that will mean a lot of work and honestly, from my experience, it will just come back. But it shouldn't be really bad as yours sounds.

Another feature....goodness, it's still starting and driving isn't it? Let's talk about my Lincoln navigator...OK, maybe not... But, when the heads start warping and we all have to spend $3000 or more right after the warrantee ends...and the A/C gets $1000+ of repairs just to blow cold with the compressor still sitting in the wings waiting to fail...then...we've got some issues. Have you not owned a Ford before? :D :blink: :D :rolleyes: B) ;):)

Another feature....goodness, it's still starting and driving isn't it? Let's talk about my Lincoln navigator...OK, maybe not... But, when the heads start warping and we all have to spend $3000 or more right after the warrantee ends...and the A/C gets $1000+ of repairs just to blow cold with the compressor still sitting in the wings waiting to fail...then...we've got some issues. Have you not owned a Ford before? :D :blink: :D :rolleyes: B) ;):)

I thought I'd be the first to flame me. With as much respect as necessary, the Ford dealers on this forum appear to be exceptions to the normal. But, come on people, Toyota's not eating Ford, and others, lunch because they just got lucky...or maybe it's those pesky subliminal messages or worse....dog gone...where's that aluminum foil....

Furthermore, and four score and seven minutes ago....Socaljafo, where is that dog gone Intercooler fuse?

Where's Waldo! :P

Seriously it has to be connected to the intercooler. I would also think it would be connected to a thermostat connection. My 04 Cobra had the harness in the passengers wheelwell. But this being an aftermarket add on I would suspect in or near an existing harness. Don't have mine yet so just a guess. I would think it would be a splice. And it would be in a fuse holder that looked added on.

Where's Waldo! :P

Seriously it has to be connected to the intercooler. I would also think it would be connected to a thermostat connection. My 04 Cobra had the harness in the passengers wheelwell. But this being an aftermarket add on I would suspect in or near an existing harness. Don't have mine yet so just a guess. I would think it would be a splice. And it would be in a fuse holder that looked added on.

Thanks Ross, I'll have a look...is the intercooler the thing-ama-jig in front of the big black tooby looking thing, behind the retro-looking fan doohicky?

For the people with the warped plastic doodad (me too), have you looked at the CS6 section of this forum...wholly moley...those guys have some issues....

I'm seeing the same thing on mine. :(

Mine still looks OK but it is flimsy. I bet a little 3M double-sided tape (black) placed in sections along the underside of the edge may reinforce it. The only thing is that this area seems to hold water after washing the car.

For the people with the warped plastic doodad (me too), have you looked at the CS6 section of this forum...wholly moley...those guys have some issues....

WOW!! I just read all of the thread on the issues. They have some serious issues there with fit and finish. Common thread? Sure is looking like it with quality.

69shelby, was that a real question or just a comment on SAI's attention to detail?

If it was a reall question, here is what I was talking about. Look at the blower portion of the supercharger. On the top just on the driver side where it curves under you should have a wire harness plugged into the blower. Follow the wire from the harness to a cheap looking crimp on wire connector. Follow the wire that comes from the wire connector. It should run down to the superchargers circulating pump. On that wire there is an inline fuse holder and hopefully a 20 amp fuse. The area is circle in red below:

fuse1.jpg

Now back to the warping grill topic.

Archived