TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jason Cenora's CS/8 on cover Modified Mustangs

ShelbyGT/SC

Jason, not only does your car look awesome on the cover of the current August 2007 issue of Modified Mustangs magazine, but a 7 page spread and then 5 more pages with the incredibly gorgous Ashley Lynn Cook modeling in front of the car? All I can say is WOW, she is gorgous (oh, your car is too).

Everyone: it is a must-have to go out and purchase this magazine. Jason works at Hillbank Motors. He was a credible contributor to this forum a few months ago. I see now why he hasn't been on in a while. I hope he's been able to spend lots of time with Ashley. Hillbank Motors was, I believe, one fo the suppliers of parts to Shelby before they went to the new Performance Parts program.

Jason's car it totally tricked out with lots of power, bling and speakers. Tonight, I will scan parts of the magazine and post on my Picasa site for all to read (and drool over Ashley). In fact, Ashley is so hot, even the ladies will drool - LOL.

I just went to MMM's website to see if the current issue was online, but no luck.

Again, congrats Jason. (I will call him later to have him tell us a little more about the article on this forum.)

Edit - adding the link to where I scanned the whole article for your reading "pleasure."

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...raSCS8Prototype

Edit 7-20-07

Removed some incorrect statements about certifications. All certs are done via SAI

....just keep an eye on Jason, I found him casing my car at a show once. I think he was going to steal my engine caps. J/K :P

Jason is very cool and if you ever have any questions about modifying your car he is a great sounding board. Hillbankmotorsports is opening a new facility next week (if on time), where they can become more of a performance shop also. It should be a great place for the SoCal guys.

BTW, if you have an extra $45K sitting around they are also a sister company of Superperformance. Makers of replica Cobras, Daytona Coupes, and GT40s. Of course the $45K only gets you the rolling chasis (sp? & lazy) of a Cobra Replica. Engine and trans are your responsibility. If I ever come into more money that will be my next toy.

Adam, I think Jason is out of the country.

Okay all, here is the link to my Picasa where I scanned the whole thing.

Again, congrats Jason and congrats on your recent wedding. Hope you're having a blast on your honeymoon.

Now I need to buy something from Diablo and put it on my car so I can meet Ashley. :D

Okay all, here is the link to my Picasa where I scanned the whole thing.

Again, congrats Jason and congrats on your recent wedding. Hope you're having a blast on your honeymoon.

Now I need to buy something from Diablo and put it on my car so I can meet Ashley. :D

Hey Adam,

I noticed in the article that in regards to the suspension modifications that lowered the stance of the car it was REQUIRED to install an adjustable panhard bar. Since our Shelby GT's all have been lowered is this something I should be installing on my car? I don't intend to race it but may drive it hard on occasion. What are others doing? Dave

Hey Adam,

I noticed in the article that in regards to the suspension modifications that lowered the stance of the car it was REQUIRED to install an adjustable panhard bar. Since our Shelby GT's all have been lowered is this something I should be installing on my car? I don't intend to race it but may drive it hard on occasion. What are others doing? Dave

The Panhard bar is not required but IMO advisable. I am unsure about the FRPP kit that is used on the SGT's however when you lower a car (Steeda Sport springs in my case) the rear end tends to shift an inch or two to one side giving the car somewhat what of a look that a dog has when it runs. An adjustable Panhard bar would allow the rear to be adjusted back to where you need.

I don't have the information but if the SGT is using the FRPP kit it may already be on them.

Hey Adam,

As GPStang06 said, it's advisable. I think the article also highly recommended it as you mentioned.

I am getting it installed at Tasca. They too very highly recommended it. I forgot the details of what Tasca is doing to my car but I brought up the Watts Link and Panhard Rod topics to them and they said they have their own set-up and will install it. Search this forum (and sites like Steeda) for both topics to read more about both - especially if you're getting wider and bigger wheels. There are several options out there.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Adam

....If I may add. The axle is shifted over on our cars, to the driver side. It is very easy to see if you go with wider wheels and tires. There are several companies out there that sell pan hard rods or watts links. If you have $200-300 I would get the pan hard rod and maybe a panhard rod brace too since you already taking the bolts out. If you have $500-1200 you might want to research watts link systems. A watts link goes in place of the pan hard rod and allows the axle to travel straight up and down without pushing the axle laterally like the pan hard rod does. The watts links are reported to be a huge help with the live axle especially on uneven pavement. I have a FAYS2 watts link sitting in my garage waiting to go on. I just need to get new bolts from Ford......stupid one time use engineering.

Archived