TEAM SHELBY FORUM

supercharger options

clawsonbob

any expierence with the ford racing/whipple units ?

if so, any hood clearence issues ?

I gather std sgt strut brace won't work....any other braces that would fit over the FR Sc ( gt500, rousch etc) ?

any insight appreciated

also, what the performance level & expierence ?

thanks

bob

I gather std sgt strut brace won't work....any other braces that would fit over the FR Sc ( gt500, rousch etc) ?

any insight appreciated

thanks

bob

No experience yet but lot of research. I'm either going Whipple or Kenne Bell.

The Ford Racing supercharger will fit nicely under the hood and add about 85HP to the motor, using the base model at approx. 5 PSI of boost. You can always opt for the higher horsepower model if you wish. The strut cross-brace will not fit with the supercharger in place but I understand that Ford is working on one that will. A nice way to boost overall HP, but expensive.

I'm leaning toward the Kenne Bell system so I gave them a call. Here is the info.

The 07 Mustang Kit (4.6 24V):

Non-intercooled at 5 psi produces about 400 RWHP = $4599.00 (TS 1000-05) increase of 151 engine HP (RWHP/.85)

Intercooled produces about 450 RWHP @ 8psi = $5699.00 (TS 1000-05-INT) ($1100 more for 50 HP??)

Plus 140 s&h.

They said not to boost a stock 4.6 more than 10psi or 480 HP and there should be no problems with hurting the engine.

They also said it's not difficult to install but time consuming.

http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm

I'm leaning toward the Kenne Bell system so I gave them a call. Here is the info.

The 07 Mustang Kit (4.6 24V):

Non-intercooled at 5 psi produces about 400 RWHP = $4599.00 (TS 1000-05) increase of 151 engine HP (RWHP/.85)

Intercooled produces about 450 RWHP @ 8psi = $5699.00 (TS 1000-05-INT) ($1100 more for 50 HP??)

Plus 140 s&h.

They said not to boost a stock 4.6 more than 10psi or 480 HP and there should be no problems with hurting the engine.

They also said it's not difficult to install but time consuming.

http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm

hi got a dumb question will the supercharger from the gt500 work on a 2005 mustang thanks

any insight appreciated

thanks

bob

You shouldn't have any issues with any roots/twin screw designs with the stock hood as that is what most of them are fitted under. If you have or are planning on adding an aftermarket hood be prepared to make modifications to the inner layer (if the hood has one) as fiberglass hoods are generally thicker then the stock unit.

I had to cut the center out on my CS6/GT-H hood to fit over my Roush blower. even with all that clear I have had the strut bolts hit now.

The Paxton install at SAI cost $6400 (parts and labor). I can't help you on the timeline. Also, if somebody really would prefer a roots type supercharger over the centirifcal Paxton, Shelbyperformanceparts.com has a roots type Ford supercharger on the site. I am sure the SAI mod shop can install that if you choose. Who knows it might even carry the Ford warranty. Somebody else will have to research that supercharger, I went with the Paxton installed by SAI.

....they certainly don't have the same block, did you mean manifold?

No I meant block. Does the roots type blower not replace the intake manifold and bolt to the block?

For those that dont have or arent going with the Paxton through SAI what is the reason? I am just curious to know.

I would like to keep it all Shelby install but I'm not paying to have my car shipped to Vegas, sit for 6 months and then pay to have it shipped back. I also like the old school look of the roots type. (It's not a supercharger, it's a BLOWER!!) :D

How does one go about getting an appointment with SAI to do an install, thxs

When i talked to Bud when i was there about the install's and such, he said at this time i might be better waiting till the end of or first of the year to have it done so be ready for a wait.

The Paxton install at SAI cost $6400 (parts and labor). I can't help you on the timeline. Also, if somebody really would prefer a roots type supercharger over the centirifcal Paxton, Shelbyperformanceparts.com has a roots type Ford supercharger on the site. I am sure the SAI mod shop can install that if you choose. Who knows it might even carry the Ford warranty. Somebody else will have to research that supercharger, I went with the Paxton installed by SAI.

It wont come with a warranty (Part maybe). I can get one thru the dealer across from mine for a good price but, no install and they say No warranty on my motor.

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I will have to do alot of research before I do this. I prefer the Paxton because it is SAI done and will keep it all Shelby but it sounds like there are many types of chargers and differences so who knows. If Tasca Ford ends up being a East Coast SAI installer it will make the decision ALOT easier.

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I will have to do alot of research before I do this. I prefer the Paxton because it is SAI done and will keep it all Shelby but it sounds like there are many types of chargers and differences so who knows. If Tasca Ford ends up being a East Coast SAI installer it will make the decision ALOT easier.

Webba, whether Tasca ends up being the East Coast installer or not, they can still install the Whipple. They offered to do it for me months ago.

I'm in favor of the Kenne Bell model myself. Will probably go with Shelbys line as,I want the SC striping.

Wondering if I scratch up the cash by the end of the year,if my wifey can be talked into it? Welcome help from you-all here,into talking her into the NEED of such :)

I'm in favor of the Kenne Bell model myself. Will probably go with Shelbys line as,I want the SC striping.

Wondering if I scratch up the cash by the end of the year,if my wifey can be talked into it? Welcome help from you-all here,into talking her into the NEED of such :)

Better save some extra $$$ for wifey's diamonds, then you will sure to get her buy-in for your S/C. B)

Better save some extra $$$ for wifey's diamonds, then you will sure to get her buy-in for your S/C. B)

It wont work. I bought my wife a 2 carat Diamond ring in Jan for our Anniversary and then the Shelby a few months later. I still can't get a blower......

Bribery gets you nowhere after they got papers on you. *sigh* <_<

:rolleyes:

Archived