TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where has Gor256 been? SGT #1793

I have been driving my SGT all around town. Thought I would let everyone read what I sent to SAI, the stripes need to be fixed, will probably need to have them painted on and the driving lights are not up to par either.

Anyway here is the letter. What do you all think? Oh, I have pictures but, do not know how to place them on the forum. :D

John/Bud,

Bud - from the forum I assume you are the Service part of SAI which is why I have included you in this e-mail to John. Also, how can I get a copy of the performance tune that was placed in the 2007 SGT and is there a more aggressive tune available?"

Well, it has been about 30 days since I received the car. Wow, it is everything I had hoped for. Driving this beast is really fun; I have taken the SGT down some of my motorcycle roads here in the back country of Southern Maryland. The SGT handles the road well and is glued to the pavement. It is like a panther chasing a gazelle, a blast to drive.

The looks from some of the people is amazing, they are not sure if it is a Mustang GT-500 or that other car they heard about-lots of thumbs up.

I do like the coloring and the entire package. Yes, I am breaking it in slowly and have only just started to hit the pedal a little harder, - very nice sound from, the tail pipes and I think I can even hear the whine of the air through the air injection system.

When I first received the SGT I spent two days cleaning it up, lots of Nevada desert sand everywhere. The dealership did an OK job, but I keep all my vehicles spotless, - you can eat off any part of the cars. I have to bond with the SGT, and cleaning it is my way of saying hello. I’ll send you a copy of the delivery pictures and the family pictures once I can get my wife to download the pictures to me.

As I said from a mechanical, performance and handling standpoint the car is a dream. However, - I know the here it comes the Oops part, - cosmetically there are some issues. The big thing is the stripes; on the back bumper on the bottom, the corners of the decals are broken and scratched. This is the same for the front bumper; there is bubbling starting on the bottom of the front bumper. Also, there are dark lines and scratches across the decals at various places. It looked like something round was laid on the stripes and left a dark impression on the striping. This is only on the flat stripes across the hood, roof and trunk. The scratches are every where.

I do not know how the stripes are put on, but the front and rear bumper look like they are four separate pieces of stripes. This is the same for the rear bumper. I thought the strips would be one continuous piece for the bumpers. This is also true for the trunk and down the back, four pieces.

Lastly, the driving lights are not what I had envisioned. True, the lower grill is a nice touch, but the driving lights themselves do not fit inside the holes on the lower grill, they are set back and look bent, pointed down at the ground, behind the lower grill. They just do not throw any light on the road even at night, no full moon, with head lights off.

As I have said, this is just cosmetic stuff and has nothing to do with the performance, handling, and driving of the SGT. It is the kind of stuff that drives type-A personalities mad.

I just wanted to give you some feedback.

I’ll work with SAI and the dealership to fix these discrepancies.

Be well John,

Gene

“See you on the Road”

I have been driving my SGT all around town. Thought I would let everyone read what I sent to SAI, the stripes need to be fixed, will probably need to have them painted on and the driving lights are not up to par either.

Anyway here is the letter. What do you all think? Oh, I have pictures but, do not know how to place them on the forum. :D

John/Bud,

Bud - from the forum I assume you are the Service part of SAI which is why I have included you in this e-mail to John. Also, how can I get a copy of the performance tune that was placed in the 2007 SGT and is there a more aggressive tune available?"

Well, it has been about 30 days since I received the car. Wow, it is everything I had hoped for. Driving this beast is really fun; I have taken the SGT down some of my motorcycle roads here in the back country of Southern Maryland. The SGT handles the road well and is glued to the pavement. It is like a panther chasing a gazelle, a blast to drive.

The looks from some of the people is amazing, they are not sure if it is a Mustang GT-500 or that other car they heard about-lots of thumbs up.

I do like the coloring and the entire package. Yes, I am breaking it in slowly and have only just started to hit the pedal a little harder, - very nice sound from, the tail pipes and I think I can even hear the whine of the air through the air injection system.

When I first received the SGT I spent two days cleaning it up, lots of Nevada desert sand everywhere. The dealership did an OK job, but I keep all my vehicles spotless, - you can eat off any part of the cars. I have to bond with the SGT, and cleaning it is my way of saying hello. I’ll send you a copy of the delivery pictures and the family pictures once I can get my wife to download the pictures to me.

As I said from a mechanical, performance and handling standpoint the car is a dream. However, - I know the here it comes the Oops part, - cosmetically there are some issues. The big thing is the stripes; on the back bumper on the bottom, the corners of the decals are broken and scratched. This is the same for the front bumper; there is bubbling starting on the bottom of the front bumper. Also, there are dark lines and scratches across the decals at various places. It looked like something round was laid on the stripes and left a dark impression on the striping. This is only on the flat stripes across the hood, roof and trunk. The scratches are every where.

I do not know how the stripes are put on, but the front and rear bumper look like they are four separate pieces of stripes. This is the same for the rear bumper. I thought the strips would be one continuous piece for the bumpers. This is also true for the trunk and down the back, four pieces.

Lastly, the driving lights are not what I had envisioned. True, the lower grill is a nice touch, but the driving lights themselves do not fit inside the holes on the lower grill, they are set back and look bent, pointed down at the ground, behind the lower grill. They just do not throw any light on the road even at night, no full moon, with head lights off.

As I have said, this is just cosmetic stuff and has nothing to do with the performance, handling, and driving of the SGT. It is the kind of stuff that drives type-A personalities mad.

I just wanted to give you some feedback.

I’ll work with SAI and the dealership to fix these discrepancies.

Be well John,

Gene

“See you on the Road”

I think that your letter is very good and well stated. Could you please share with us SAI's response? I have exactly the same issues with all my stripes exect the two on the roof. Also, I am on my 2nd hood scoop and I still have a exhaust pipe rattle on the right side only when the car has been driven for awhile. When you get on it, I think the right muffler is hitting the underside of the trunk.

I think that your letter is very good and well stated. Could you please share with us SAI's response? I have exactly the same issues with all my stripes exect the two on the roof. Also, I am on my 2nd hood scoop and I still have a exhaust pipe rattle on the right side only when the car has been driven for awhile. When you get on it, I think the right muffler is hitting the underside of the trunk.

Was wondering where you were Gene. Sorry you are having issues. I had a couple issues but nothing like yours. Good luck.

I have the driving lights also and found they need to be pushed into the slots from the backside...try this it will help. Steve

I have the driving lights also and found they need to be pushed into the slots from the backside...try this it will help. Steve

• 2 weeks later...

mrhugger - I tried this but the just keep popping out.

Just to let everyone know have not heard a word from John or Bud about the stripes, lights or the question on getting a copy of the performance tune. They just may be busy with getting the cars out. I have found a custom print shop that will paint the stripes on the SGT and recoat the clear coat eight times ! They claim better than the factory paint job. Cost $3,800.00. Comments?

mrhugger - I tried this but the just keep popping out.

Just to let everyone know have not heard a word from John or Bud about the stripes, lights or the question on getting a copy of the performance tune. They just may be busy with getting the cars out. I have found a custom print shop that will paint the stripes on the SGT and recoat the clear coat eight times ! They claim better than the factory paint job. Cost $3,800.00. Comments?

The stripes are the same as those on the GT500 and will be the same if put on elsewhere due to the fact that one continuous stripe will eventually lift in the curve of the trunk and eventually pull away.

The stripe issues are handled by the 800 number (aka Ford Racing) as part of your warranty.

The driving lights, as a mod, are handled by SAI.

Mine was doing the exact same thing..when it heats up. Fixed by adjusting the hanger that curves over and in according to my mechanic. It only happened once the car heats up.

:lol: Hi guys and gals. I still have not heard a response from SAI to my e-mail.

However, with that said, I did hear back from my dealership. SAI is sending them new stripes, SAI told Ford that they are addressing the issues with the Hood scopes on all the cars and will get back to them in a few weeks.

We are going to hold off doing anything to the car until we heard what the solution is for the Hood scopes.

As far as the driving lights go, SAI told Ford they DO NOT add any lower grill or driving lights to the SGT, Ford must have done it. Thank God for invoices!! I am going to bring a copy of the SAI invoice to my Service Rep in the morning. I’ll keep everyone informed on my progress.

Please, :D , I am not yelling at anyone, just nice to see other businesses having the same problem I do at work “the right hand does not always talk to the left hand”

The stripes are the same as those on the GT500 and will be the same if put on elsewhere due to the fact that one continuous stripe will eventually lift in the curve of the trunk and eventually pull away.

The stripe issues are handled by the 800 number (aka Ford Racing) as part of your warranty.

The driving lights, as a mod, are handled by SAI.

Thanks Matt for the info I'll use it wisely, B)

Mine was doing the exact same thing..when it heats up. Fixed by adjusting the hanger that curves over and in according to my mechanic. It only happened once the car heats up.

Sdear - I am seeing my service rep at the Ford dealership tomorow. I'll pass this to him. Thanks, :rolleyes:

Archived