TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corvette challenge, I'm not afraid.

2043 auto white shaker 1000 and the stereo is nice

You should put that on your signiture so we forum friends can see what your car is doing. Now the Shelby Gt that is archived @ 13.5 1/4 mile time with FOMOCO is a 5 speed, maybe that is the issue here? I know you say "believe me that the vette is faster" all I am going by is the Chevrolet and FOMOCO archives, so what else can you go by? Furthermore I think we have beat this horse to death and I really will not ever take your word for it and you'll not take the acrchive of Chevrolet and FOMOCO so why don't we agree to disagree and just be friends.

However I do stand by my words that I got so much easy trash and strange stuff in a corvette than I have ever got in any car period. The real good dates were never out of my Vette, ever, just numbers D'mag just numbers. Take care my friend and we'll catch up again on another topic, it has been a very good and ugly debate.

Swede B)

Swede, can you post a link to the FOMOCO archieve on the Shelby GT 1/4 mile time?

www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/buildyourown.asp Then go to all special Mustangs it will show the 07 Shelby GT500, 07 Shelby-H and 07 Shelby GT then scroll down and it will give you actual HP ratings, 1/4 mile times/ratings etc... It will also tell you in the following pages that you can shave .50 seconds off the listed 1/4 times with the added DRAG PACK that would make the car actually run @ 13.0. This is the actual FOMOCO Racing site from Ford. Check it out for yourself.

The factory Shelby GT will do 13.5 in 1/4 mile acrhived on , I believe, 3-7-2007. Also says that the 2007 SGT will do 13.0 in the 1/4 mile if the "drag pack" with 4:10 gears and either short or long tube headers is added to the car as well.

www.motortrend.com Give actual 1/4 mile "tested times" with the article that everybody here has read. The car also has times of 5.0 0-60 as well iin the article. The was archived through "motortrend" on in late Spring.

www.google.com gives acrhived times from Chevrolet on the 2000 Corvette Roadster @ 13.7 1/4 mile times. Along with other articles stating the same exact facts.

I hope this helps and congrat's on your new 2008 Shelby GT you'll love it!

Archived