TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corvette challenge, I'm not afraid.

Was taking my 14 year old daughter and two of her friends for a little ride this evening. They giggled non-stop.

We were taking off from a stop sign next to a big ole Suburban with an older couple driving. I gently went from 1st to 2nd and was driving normally. Then when that got boring I punched it and blew the doors off the Suburban.

At the next red light the old guy caught up with us and rolled down his window. I'm guessing 60 or older.

He asked if I had a supercharger?

I said "no, this is just a plain ole Shelby GT."

He said "he would like to meet me out here with his blue Corvette", Blah, Blah, and more Blah.

I gave him the "talk to the hand" sign, then turned left when the light turned green. He went straight.

I hope he enjoyed the sound of my Shelby exhaust.

i hope he doesnt catch up with his corvette you will have egg on your face i own a 00 corvette and my son and i took it to the track ...needeless to say the shelby didnt have a chance its a nice car but dont get to cocky with it

Who knows? If it's a 1972-1991 model (excluding ZR-1 or grand sport versions), you should be ok.

With 1992-1996 LT-1 equipped vettes, it will be difficult, but you might get lucky (300hp and 340tq)

92 stock LT-1 #s 1/4 mile: 13.390@102.340

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvett...slip-11420.html

Shelby GT #s 1/4 mile: 13.61@104.11

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-11510.html

Otherwise you're probably toast.

You should be afraid....VERY afraid. :(

Don't get all "crazy" there Dave. This is STILL a Mustang GT with 19-30hp added depending upon who you believe. This car's best attribute is it's looks and on the street, unless you go racing Suburbans at stop lights, is an illusion. You'll have a much better time waving people off, as I do, as if to say no thanks looking for real competition, than beating your car at every light because some 18 or 60 year old with a death wish wants to race you. :blink:

Around town a car is fast because it looks and sounds fast. You will never be as fast as this car looks and sounds so leave it at that and let these work for you and see them embarrassed by looking like idiots while you look "too cool". B)

IMHO!

Not to worry. I know what I have, and how to use it wisely.

But the stock Mustang GTs need to be afraid. And jealous.

I don't race, I just intimidate. :)

That's why were getting blown. There should be some bite with the bark.

In comparison with my 96 Z-28with the LT1 350, the Shelby will get chewed up and spit out.

Ricers don't worry me but GM still has the advantage.

Wow; I'm impressed that a Surburban driver knew the relevant question (is it supercharged?), what with nobody having a clue what an SGT is and all. If he was a real Corvette driver, chalk it up to "know your prey", I guess.

The looks great, sounds great, and handles great...for a Mustang. Unfortunately, without a supercharger, the Corvette (and Porsche 911s, BMW M3s, etc.) are out of its league. The "standard" 2007 'Vette is roughly the equivalent of the 2007 GT500, and the 2008 is supposed to be even better. Maybe the GT500KR will continue to put up a good fight.

Z06 is in another league altogether. Maybe a GT500SS will show up for this one, but the Z06 was a purpose built car that ranks among the best in the world. Unfortunately, as nice and powerful and exclusive as the SS is, it is still an aftermarket tweaking of an existing car.

I love Blue Oval products, Mustangs in particular, and Shelbys especially, but ya' got to give credit where credit is due, and the bowtie crowd did their homework on the current 'Vette.

i hope he doesnt catch up with his corvette you will have egg on your face i own a 00 corvette and my son and i took it to the track ...needeless to say the shelby didnt have a chance its a nice car but dont get to cocky with it

Dmag - I don't think you know what your talking about or your wishing your Corvette would make mince meat of the Shelby, not true my friend. The 2000 Corvette Roadster has a 1/4 mile run of 13.7 stock, that was the highest 1/4 time they had when new. The highest! The stock Shelby GT is 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. Come on now say it out loud who wins that race Dmag, come on just say it...The Shelby. Ok that's better.

Now if your car is a Z06 then you need to be racing the Super Snake and you'll get snuffed there too. Ehhhh too bad. :P :P Sorry for the attitude but you should have posted corectly & you should have known this was coming!

Don't believe me then Google the facts for a 1/4 time of a 2000 Roadster Corvette (STOCK)- B)

Dmag - I don't think you know what your talking about or your wishing your Corvette would make mince meat of the Shelby, not true my friend. The 2000 Corvette Roadster has a 1/4 mile run of 13.7 stock, that was the highest 1/4 time they had when new. The highest! The stock Shelby GT is 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. Come on now say it out loud who wins that race Dmag, come on just say it...The Shelby. Ok that's better.

Now if your car is a Z06 then you need to be racing the Super Snake and you'll get snuffed there too. Ehhhh too bad. :P :P Sorry for the attitude but you should have posted corectly & you should have known this was coming!

Don't believe me then Google the facts for a 1/4 time of a 2000 Roadster Corvette (STOCK)- B)

the facts are the facts i have both and sorry to make you cry but the vette is faster ... i know carroll built the car ,but lets not live a fantasy world the vette is the TRUE AMERICAN SPORTS CAR... and i dont care what you google i have the true facts it wasnt even close and the only upgrade was vara ram and borla exhaust

like you i wished i could fool myself because the shelby is a NICE car but sorry the vette is faSTER

Wow; I'm impressed that a Surburban driver knew the relevant question (is it supercharged?), what with nobody having a clue what an SGT is and all. If he was a real Corvette driver, chalk it up to "know your prey", I guess.

The looks great, sounds great, and handles great...for a Mustang. Unfortunately, without a supercharger, the Corvette (and Porsche 911s, BMW M3s, etc.) are out of its league. The "standard" 2007 'Vette is roughly the equivalent of the 2007 GT500, and the 2008 is supposed to be even better. Maybe the GT500KR will continue to put up a good fight.

Z06 is in another league altogether. Maybe a GT500SS will show up for this one, but the Z06 was a purpose built car that ranks among the best in the world. Unfortunately, as nice and powerful and exclusive as the SS is, it is still an aftermarket tweaking of an existing car.

I love Blue Oval products, Mustangs in particular, and Shelbys especially, but ya' got to give credit where credit is due, and the bowtie crowd did their homework on the current 'Vette.

That is why people buy a Shelby instead of a vette because it has class. I loved my vette, 1978 Indy Pace car & 1982 Cross-Fire but I was also 23 years old and whoring around with no money and the vette got all the sluts and they did not care about substance or money and as long as I looked like I had money they didn't care. And the bottom line was I could NOT afford a Shelby!!! So if I had my choice I'd still take the Shelby, it just has something the vette will never have, pure class & charisma. B)

That is why people buy a Shelby instead of a vette because it has class. I loved my vette, 1978 Indy Pace car & 1982 Cross-Fire but I was also 23 years old and whoring around with no money and the vette got all the sluts and they did not care about substance or money and as long as I looked like I had money they didn't care. And the bottom line was I could NOT afford a Shelby!!! So if I had my choice I'd still take the Shelby, it just has something the vette will never have, pure class & charisma. B)

no thats why people buy both i dont know about the whores i just but because it was the next inline as the true american sports car its corvette shelby dodge charger that is 1968 r/t/

If I may butt in here, Ford's match to the Chevy Corvette is the GT, not the Mustang, and we all know who wins between those two cars...Hands down it's the GT which compares more closely with Italian horses and bulls than it does with the American swift boat from Chevrolet.

Now when Chevy gets their Camaro back on the market/street we can start comparing apples to apples again and we all know who's going to win that race...Hands down, the Shelby GT500, and some SGT's, are going run circles around the newly "Transformed" Camaro.

Just my 2 cents, hope you enjoyed them...

WP

If I may butt in here, Ford's match to the Chevy Corvette is the GT, not the Mustang, and we all know who wins between those two cars...Hands down it's the GT which compares more closely with Italian horses and bulls than it does with the American swift boat from Chevrolet.

Now when Chevy gets their Camaro back on the market/street we can start comparing apples to apples again and we all know who's going to win that race...Hands down, the Shelby GT500, and some SGT's, are going run circles around the newly "Transformed" Camaro.

Just my 2 cents, hope you enjoyed them...

and how much is a ford gt... 2 zo6's, i think zo6 will beat ford gt and still have change for a hamburger

WP

i know you dont want to hear that ...it wa quoted by 3 or 4 magazines ITS THE BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK

"and how much is a ford gt... 2 zo6's"

Roughly, yes; but the GT is twice the car :lol: and a more realistic "apples-to-apples" comparison than a Corvette vs. Mustang one.

last time i checked i didnt own a mustang it said shelby if i wanted a mustang i would have save 15k and bought it as for twice the car thats your opinion z06 hjas more horses and i believe a true production car not just a flash in the pants ,like the gt40 ...1 year of production

.....I can't wait for my dad to buy his Vette and then maybe be able to meet him somewhere around Kansas. I think I have something for his Vette.

However, I would take the two Z06s over the GT also or just one and use the savings to by a GT500. The Crovette is wonderful car and worthy of respect. If only I had $150K.

Ummmmmmmm, why not Stump :blink:

Two-seater vs. two-seater...

Are you trying to tell me that the Mustang (or SHELBY for dmag) is a sportscar :rolleyes:

I guess it all depends on the definition of sports car. I would call it a sports car (after minor suspension modifications) but not a muscle car. As far as American made vehicles, the sports car is a dying breed although there is a promising future - unless they keep getting priced too high for the average income person then the Import market will continue to prevail.

But as stated later on, I will consent to the GT = the Z06 and Viper (I just threw that in there), but even with that statement, if I worked really hard, saved my pennies and ate Bologna sandwiches for the next 7 years I could have 2 Z06's sitting in the driveway. I'm not even allowed to touch the GT sitting at the local dealership here with it's pricetag of $250,000! Muscle cars should not be only for the "elite" of our society and even the price (+ADM) of the SGT is pushing it and I don't think anyone on the board will disagree that for the name and stigma this car holds, it's way underpowered (which is why my credit card is burning a hole in my pocket wanting that Kenne Bell blower) and is completely geared wrong. Of course with that being said, even back in the day the original Shelby's were not designed as racers. (And you just can't beat a 4 bolt main 350 engine, IMO anyway :P )

Besides, I call it "The Shelby" too. I have a speech impediment that kicks in everytime I try to say the "M" word. :D

the facts are the facts i have both and sorry to make you cry but the vette is faster ... i know carroll built the car ,but lets not live a fantasy world the vette is the TRUE AMERICAN SPORTS CAR... and i dont care what you google i have the true facts it wasnt even close and the only upgrade was vara ram and borla exhaust

like you i wished i could fool myself because the shelby is a NICE car but sorry the vette is faSTER

Wishes are wishes, facts are facts. Not only Google but even Chevrolet says 13.7 did you hear that, hello hello - 13.7! FOMOCo says 13.5 HELLO 13.5 dmag. Oh don;t get me wrong Corvettes are very nice cars I have had a few, but they are whore catchers and nothing more with NO class. The only reason i bought mine is i could not afford a Shelby, at the time, and all i wanted to date was an easy slice of putang and the vette gets all the easy low class trash you want. Ya i liked the car when i was young and i will never forget it! But the numbers don't lie - 13.7 to 13.5 sorry d'mag, number will never lie here. :P :P

EDIT: Even if it could beat the Shelby Gt which is very possible, who cares, just you it appears. The Corvette is a whores car, in my opinion, and I would never be caught in one ever again, even if it was given to me. Even if it was a Z06. I'd sell it and put in more money and buy a Lambo or Ferrari. The Vette, it just smells bad.

Wishes are wishes, facts are facts. Not only Google but even Chevrolet says 13.7 did you hear that, hello hello - 13.7! FOMOCo says 13.5 HELLO 13.5 dmag. Oh don;t get me wrong Corvettes are very nice cars I have had a few, but they are whore catchers and nothing more with NO class. The only reason i bought mine is i could not afford a Shelby, at the time, and all i wanted to date was an easy slice of putang and the vette gets all the easy low class trash you want. Ya i liked the car when i was young and i will never forget it! But the numbers don't lie - 13.7 to 13.5 sorry d'mag, number will never lie here. :P :P

EDIT: Even if it could beat the Shelby Gt which is very possible, who cares, just you it appears. The Corvette is a whores car, in my opinion, and I would never be caught in one ever again, even if it was given to me. Even if it was a Z06. I'd sell it and put in more money and buy a Lambo or Ferrari. The Vette, it just smells bad.

corvettes are like apple pie THERE AMERICAN, as far as whore catchers , dude get alife ...i wouldnt say that in any forum. as far as facts i dont care what the google said I DID IT AND IT WASNT EVEN CLOSE.. AS FAR AS THE 13.7 FOR THE SHELBY NON SUPERCHARGED WITH 400 MI IS 14.6 THE VETTE WITH BORLA WAS 13.5 THESE are faCTS NEXT TIME ILL TAKE A PICTURE

corvettes are like apple pie THERE AMERICAN, as far as whore catchers , dude get alife ...i wouldnt say that in any forum. as far as facts i dont care what the google said I DID IT AND IT WASNT EVEN CLOSE.. AS FAR AS THE 13.7 FOR THE SHELBY NON SUPERCHARGED WITH 400 MI IS 14.6 THE VETTE WITH BORLA WAS 13.5 THESE are faCTS NEXT TIME ILL TAKE A PICTURE

The Shelby GT was 13.5, the 2000 Chevrolet Corvette was 13.7, both stock cars. Now say it with me d'mag, "The 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster & Coupe numbers are facts in the record books. It is 13.5 for the 2007 Shelby GT and 13.7 for the 2000 Vette Roadster & Coupe in the 1/4 mile". In other words, read em and weep d'mag. :P :P

On another subject, is your 2007 Shelby GT an automatic or a 5 speed, a SC or naturally aspirated car I can't seem to locate it in your signiture or your forum file? :)

EDIT: I am worried about you d'mag. Your English and spelling are very shaky, are you OK?

The Shelby GT was 13.5, the 2000 Chevrolet Corvette was 13.7, both stock cars. Now say it with me d'mag, "The 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster & Coupe numbers are facts in the record books. It is 13.5 for the 2007 Shelby GT and 13.7 for the 2000 Vette Roadster & Coupe in the 1/4 mile". In other words, read em and weep d'mag. :P :P

On another subject, is your 2007 Shelby GT an automatic or a 5 speed, a SC or naturally aspirated car I can't seem to locate it in your signiture or your forum file? :)

EDIT: I am worried about you d'mag. Your English and spelling are very shaky, are you OK?

like i said its a fact i have both ,go get a corvette and try it . i dont care what the little magizines say THIS IS A FACT (SIDE BY SIDE AT THE TRACK) as far as shakey, not really ..but i didnt buy the corvette to get whores but will make you feel better since this is the only performance car you have. oh yes the shelby is sooooooooooo much faster and bigger and its so hot , is that what you heard from your whores to make you feel better

like i said its a fact i have both ,go get a corvette and try it . i dont care what the little magizines say THIS IS A FACT (SIDE BY SIDE AT THE TRACK) as far as shakey, not really ..but i didnt buy the corvette to get whores but will make you feel better since this is the only performance car you have. oh yes the shelby is sooooooooooo much faster and bigger and its so hot , is that what you heard from your whores to make you feel better

These are not little magazines as you said. These are actual archived results by Cherolet and FOMOCO. They don't lie for you or me or any body, they are what they are.

Also you never answered my question. Is your Shelby GT an automatic or a 5 speed, is it a SC car or a naturally aspirated car? I looked at your signiture and your profile up with no luck on your Shelby GT's performance mods with no luck. What number is your Shelby GT?

Thanks for being a good sport d'mag. B)

These are not little magazines as you said. These are actual archived results by Cherolet and FOMOCO. They don't lie for you or me or any body, they are what they are.

Also you never answered my question. Is your Shelby GT an automatic or a 5 speed, is it a SC car or a naturally aspirated car? I looked at your signiture and your profile up with no luck on your Shelby GT's performance mods with no luck. What number is your Shelby GT?

Thanks for being a good sport d'mag. B)

2043 auto white shaker 1000 and the stereo is nice

Archived