TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Florida SGT Owners on this Forum?

RetroAlex

Was wondering if some Florida SGT owners could chime in with their experiences? Any South Florida?

Sometimes I think my SGT is the only one on the road down here in Miami. I still get all kinds of stares on the streets and people stopping me at the local car wash to praise the car..... My friends and family havent seen another SGT on the road here either(In a month)? However, Ive seen 3 other SGTs at dealers across S. Florida when I was shopping in April. Still it makes me wonder if I should stop using it as my daily driver and just buy a used car to drive instead? Im getting to the point where I worry if I park the car while running errands that something might happen to it (while Im busy). Well, call me crazy, but these are my thoughts!

Is there such a thing as an SGT-aholic?

Thanks,

RetroAlex #2946

Was wondering if some Florida SGT owners could chime in with their experiences? Any South Florida?

Sometimes I think my SGT is the only one on the road down here in Miami. I still get all kinds of stares on the streets and people stopping me at the local car wash to praise the car..... My friends and family havent seen another SGT on the road here either(In a month)? However, Ive seen 3 other SGTs at dealers across S. Florida when I was shopping in April. Still it makes me wonder if I should stop using it as my daily driver and just buy a used car to drive instead? Im getting to the point where I worry if I park the car while running errands that something might happen to it (while Im busy). Well, call me crazy, but these are my thoughts!

Thanks,

RetroAlex #2946

Hi Alex...my name is Sue and I am an SGTaholic !! :P I think most here are. I have number 545 on the other coast in Sarasota. I have only seen a white one in my area once. I know there are alot of us in Florida, as several weeks back, I was at a car show in Daytona and there were 4 of us there ! I know there is at least one other in Miami, but that is a big place so you may never see him lol.

I am the same way about my car. When I run errands, I park wayyyyyyyyyy far away in a spot that I know it won't get "dinged". It's a daily driver for me, so I take him everywhere, although I am very picky about where I park. I had an 04 GT before this, and went 3 years with no dings. ( knock on wood ) I do take him to the parking garage where I work, but I have a perfect spot that I park him in daily. I do try to park out of the sun, and if it's going to be a long day in the sun, I take my hubby's truck lol.

I bought the car to drive.....as I won't live long enough to see what value it turns out to be lol.

Good luck and maybe our paths will cross one day !

Sue

Thanks,

RetroAlex #2946

Alex, there are two in Oviedo Florida. We haven't crossed paths on the road yet, but I met the other owner at the Daytona Stangfest. Both are black, but unfortunately mine is minus the S/C. Something to work towards.

Joe

Alex,

I'm in New Port Richey, FL - the other side of the state from you... I have #52 and drive it every day. I, too worry about the car when I can't see it, but if something happens, something happens. Enjoy the ride!!! I also know that we have another in Lakeland and he's getting his delivered today from Shelby. Can't wait to the pics of it.

Gary

I own half of a SGT. I have the traction control rigged ON,as the wifey drives it the most. Not gonna tell/show her how to disable it as,it's for her own personal safety ;)

I too would love a blower in ours,and trying to convince wife of the need/s I.E. fuel savings etc etc :)

I own half of a SGT. I have the traction control rigged ON,as the wifey drives it the most. Not gonna tell/show her how to disable it as,it's for her own personal safety ;)

I too would love a blower in ours,and trying to convince wife of the need/s I.E. fuel savings etc etc :)

Keep at it Bro. My wife is 100% onboard with the blower and I did not think she would EVER cave! Everytime you drive, point out the cars that can beat hers in a race and keep pounding it in. Eventually she'll give just to shut you up! :D

Christie hates that Hemi's can beat her. I don't know if they actually can but I told her they could. I thinkthat was the break point.

Many thanks for your advice and comments Sue (sdear), Joe (Joe Rod) & Gary (goakley1)! :D ....Youall sure have some low numbers! Its good to know there are other Florida folks out there with my concerns.....ie. like parking far away from where youve got to run your errand!

Sue, I would like to know the ratio of black to white SGTs & manual vs. automatic you saw recently in Daytona? Also, how are those sequential tail lights? I was thinking about ordering them from Shelby Performance Parts myself.....and possibly having the Ford dealer install them? Any warranty issues here at all?

Gary, would love to see photos of your '65 Mustang GT Fastback! Wondering what the price range of that car is in good to excellent condition? Do have any idea?

Thanks all,

Alex :D

RetroAlex #2946

Alex,

I too have the sequential turn signals - absolutely love 'em. It takes about 20 minutes to put them in. I bought mine from CDC and they were about $50 cheaper than Shelby's. They use a stock taillight harness and put the sequencer in-line for them to work. It's just unplug and remove original, put your old bulbs in and plug in your new ones... Works great and sequences when you hit the brakes...

As for the '65 GT Fastback - just got it out of restoration and think the value is between $35 and $40k... I'll PM you with some pics.

Gary

I've added a pic here for you to look at...

I'm here too. In greater historical downtown Alva. I took mine to the Desoto Super speedway last Friday; street tune on the S/C. Without getting into my excuses for not doing well; quickly:

I've never done a 1/4 mile in anything before.

Smoking tires is the point right?

Mine was still the best looking.

Everyone wanted to race me. People were coming out of the walls to race me in particular (because my ride was the best looking.

Did I mention smoking the tires?

My experience here is watching cars hit the walls and flip (Wide World of Sports - the agony and such...).

Smoking tires....

Anyway, my best time was 14.51 at 96 miles an hour (I had a 15.06 at 99)....but I went through $$$ of tire....and I never floored it (because I was chicken - not for long, since now I know your car doesn't automatically gravitate to the walls).

The car could absolutely do much faster times if someone that knew what they were doing was driving.

By the way, for Florida drivers: Desoto Super Speedway, a few miles East of I-75 on HW64. Every Friday night - $15 for drivers and cars ($10 for spectators, children free), long pants, closed-toed shoes and you're in. No helmet, etc... All the runs you want to make. There was a Dodge duelly with a cummins diesel running! Whatever you got.... I ran 4 times (in about an hour); lost them all but it was a blast and I'll win if I get over the burning the tires thing...

I'm going back.

69 SHELBY, A FEW QUESTIONS. HAVE YOU HAD THE CAR DYNO'D AND TUNED OR IS IT STILL THE SHELBY TUNE?

DID YOU RUN WITH TRACTION CONTROL ON OR OFF

WHAT RPM'S ARE YOU LAUNCHING AT? AT WHAT RPM'S ARE YOU SHIFTING @1ST, 2ND AND 3RD

DID YOU LOWER YOUR REAR TIRE AIR PRESSURE?

ARE YOU SPINING TIRES 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD GEAR?

DID YOU TRY LAUNCHING AND SHIFTING AT DIFFERENT RPM'S?

WHAT WAS TRACK CONDITION/TEMP?

DAVE

I'm here too. In greater historical downtown Alva. I took mine to the Desoto Super speedway last Friday; street tune on the S/C. Without getting into my excuses for not doing well; quickly:

I've never done a 1/4 mile in anything before.

Smoking tires is the point right?

Mine was still the best looking.

Everyone wanted to race me. People were coming out of the walls to race me in particular (because my ride was the best looking.

Did I mention smoking the tires?

My experience here is watching cars hit the walls and flip (Wide World of Sports - the agony and such...).

Smoking tires....

Anyway, my best time was 14.51 at 96 miles an hour (I had a 15.06 at 99)....but I went through $$$ of tire....and I never floored it (because I was chicken - not for long, since now I know your car doesn't automatically gravitate to the walls).

The car could absolutely do much faster times if someone that knew what they were doing was driving.

By the way, for Florida drivers: Desoto Super Speedway, a few miles East of I-75 on HW64. Every Friday night - $15 for drivers and cars ($10 for spectators, children free), long pants, closed-toed shoes and you're in. No helmet, etc... All the runs you want to make. There was a Dodge duelly with a cummins diesel running! Whatever you got.... I ran 4 times (in about an hour); lost them all but it was a blast and I'll win if I get over the burning the tires thing...

I'm going back.

Where is Alva? Wifey and I live in Sarasota. We are members of a local mustang club here,and occasionally they meet at Desoto. I believe they have every wednesday nights there,a thing called "test n tune" where you can drag your car etc...... I do believe a helmet is mandatory!

69 SHELBY, A FEW QUESTIONS. HAVE YOU HAD THE CAR DYNO'D AND TUNED OR IS IT STILL THE SHELBY TUNE?

DID YOU RUN WITH TRACTION CONTROL ON OR OFF

WHAT RPM'S ARE YOU LAUNCHING AT? AT WHAT RPM'S ARE YOU SHIFTING @1ST, 2ND AND 3RD

DID YOU LOWER YOUR REAR TIRE AIR PRESSURE?

ARE YOU SPINING TIRES 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD GEAR?

DID YOU TRY LAUNCHING AND SHIFTING AT DIFFERENT RPM'S?

WHAT WAS TRACK CONDITION/TEMP?

DAVE

Dave, no dyno and tuned straight from Shelby.

TC off.

I wasn't looking down at the instrument panel, but, more than 2000 at launch. Certainly wasn't looking at 2nd and 3rd (engine complained a couple times in 1st so I must have hit 6000 rpm).

No. Something else to think about?

I spun them at the start very well. At least squeeked them other times.

I was too excited. I'll do better next time.

Track was dry, but, hot and humid.

Auto, no helmet requirement.

Oh, and, just East of Fort Myers on the beautiful Caloosahatchee.

• 3 months later...

I live in Stuart (about 40 miles north of Palm Beach on the East Coast), I'm waiting on a Vista Blue '08 vert GT/SC. There's a black SGT just two blocks from me, I forget the CSM#, I'd posted it in an earlier thread. It's a guy who claims to have the world's only SGT/Roush Stage 1, if you saw that blasphemous thread. I saw a black SGT on the road near here yesterday, not sure if it's the same one. I can't wait to stop waiting.

69Shelby, that was a great story. It was a very nice morning laugh...TY. I have never dragged on a actual drag strip either I am am lughing because I am thinking that would be me!LOL It sounds like you had an awesome time too. Perhaps we need a pinned thread called "Experiences at the Track". What do you guys think? Would be great reading for us winter people to help tie us over until spring.

Alex, there are two in Oviedo Florida. We haven't crossed paths on the road yet, but I met the other owner at the Daytona Stangfest. Both are black, but unfortunately mine is minus the S/C. Something to work towards.

Joe

I'm the other one in Oviedo... Joe, bring yours over with a box of parts and I'll put the SC in for you!

Alex,

I too have the sequential turn signals - absolutely love 'em. It takes about 20 minutes to put them in. I bought mine from CDC and they were about $50 cheaper than Shelby's. They use a stock taillight harness and put the sequencer in-line for them to work. It's just unplug and remove original, put your old bulbs in and plug in your new ones... Works great and sequences when you hit the brakes...

As for the '65 GT Fastback - just got it out of restoration and think the value is between $35 and $40k... I'll PM you with some pics.

Gary

I've added a pic here for you to look at...

She is beautiful ....and right in front of the Krispy Kreme....perfect! :D

Sorry Roger! ;)

I am here in Cooper City. SGT Number 1110, personalized license plate GT SHLBY, black, 5 speed, GT500 spoiler added. I also have a friend in Southwest Ranches that has a white 5 speed sgt.

where in Cooper city? my buddy lives in Tangelwood and I am there in mine all the time.

Jacksonville. I'm aware of one other black SGT in my part of town. More to follow though. My dealer has two '07 whites and a '08 blue on the lot. They don't seem to be moving quickly. Maybe because they are still asking $5K over sticker (but will take less, trust me!)

I'm the other one in Oviedo... Joe, bring yours over with a box of parts and I'll put the SC in for you!

You have no idea how tempting your offer is.

Do you ever bring your car to any of the cruise nights around town?

Joe

Archived