• Blue CS logo with Signature
    • Blue Shelby GT side stripe w/Signature
    • Black Shelby lettering with Signature
    • Black Shelby GT side stripe w/Signature
    • Black Racing Stripe w/Shelby lettering and Signature
    • Snake Logo w Shelby GT stripe
    • Black CS logo with Signature
    • Black Racing Stripe with Signature

i have no idea why yall are voting. as the Godfather of the SGT Mafia IM going to chose whats best for YALL and thats the way it is!!! :lol:

i think im letting the title get to my head!!! im pretty much just running up my post count and didnt have much to say about the gas cap topic. thought i should be honest with yall :lol:

michael morris

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cosgt-1.jpg

Mark, now thats funny!

MM what is your suggestion, if you were to have one?

i havent real kept up with this topic, so i really dont have any idea.

michael morris

Ok I guess you have this coming:

Michael Morris is the best car dealer I have ever dealt with. And that ain't no lie.

LOL, not what i was looking for but i will take it.....and copy it and post it on every board i can find :lol:

michael morris

Posted this in the other gas cap thread, but in case you didn't see it there...Tried to stay with the Team Shelby CS logo and the Ford Mustang "GT" logo on most of them.

med_gallery_221_83_66132.jpg

Great job Mark. Maybe you start a new thread with a poll? Vote for your favorite gas cap 2. Let's see how it turns out. A great deal of options here to make it more SGT specific. Let's see what the SGT owner's think. I like many of them.

Amy, what do you think?

I think one of the coolest things to do for the gas cap regardles of the center design is to put "POWERED BY FORD" ringing the outside just like the "FORD" does currently-this would be a great design element for this. I am starting to like the idea of the new Shelby snake logo with GT or GT/SC across or under it (kind of a modern day nod to the 66 gt350's) , but would be ok with a "CS" style shelby logo/signature as long as it was (as pointed out earlier) available only to Shelby GT owners-we've made the point repeatedly that we are the only special edition mustang with out an exclusive gascap design and we all feel these cars are special and truly deserving. I just don't know if we have been able to convince SAI how bad we want this-I'm sure if it were exclusive to SGT's most of us would buy it- if it's basically a CS6/CS8 cap I probably wouldn't waste my money-just my $0.02

Great job Mark. Maybe you start a new thread with a poll? Vote for your favorite gas cap 2. Let's see how it turns out. A great deal of options here to make it more SGT specific. Let's see what the SGT owner's think. I like many of them.

Amy, what do you think?

I could roger, but was just throwing them out for SAI to chew on. At this point there are so many different designs ideas...I think if anyone does another poll it should be SAI.

They could narrow it down to what they think are acceptable options and then set up a poll to let us choose from.

I think one of the coolest things to do for the gas cap regardles of the center design is to put "POWERED BY FORD" ringing the outside just like the "FORD" does currently-this would be a great design element for this. I am starting to like the idea of the new Shelby snake logo with GT or GT/SC across or under it (kind of a modern day nod to the 66 gt350's) , but would be ok with a "CS" style shelby logo/signature as long as it was (as pointed out earlier) available only to Shelby GT owners-we've made the point repeatedly that we are the only special edition mustang with out an exclusive gascap design and we all feel these cars are special and truly deserving. I just don't know if we have been able to convince SAI how bad we want this-I'm sure if it were exclusive to SGT's most of us would buy it- if it's basically a CS6/CS8 cap I probably wouldn't waste my money-just my $0.02

The POWERED BY FORD around the ring is an awesome idea,As it would match the fender badges,I would buy that in a hoofbeat,But that would require a COMPLETELY new cap,You have a very good idea!But,I don't see that happenin',At least by SAI.

The POWERED BY FORD around the ring is an awesome idea,As it would match the fender badges,I would buy that in a hoofbeat,But that would require a COMPLETELY new cap,You have a very good idea!But,I don't see that happenin',At least by SAI.

I think that may be a branding issue and Ford my own the licensing rights so it may be a joint effort if it happened.

I could roger, but was just throwing them out for SAI to chew on. At this point there are so many different designs ideas...I think if anyone does another poll it should be SAI.

They could narrow it down to what they think are acceptable options and then set up a poll to let us choose from.

That's a great point Mark. That seems to be where we are at now.

I think that may be a branding issue and Ford my own the licensing rights so it may be a joint effort if it happened.

That's a great point Mark. That seems to be where we are at now.

I can agree on the branding issue,My point was that it would require new tooling so I don't think they would be open to that expense.Please see my new thread about ideas.And don't forget to vote here!

O.K. I have been watching and listening and i'll put my opinion in too. Every shelby carroll built had a snake on it somewhere, thats his logo just like ford has their blue oval chevy has their bowtie,etc. I would like to see a snake with the sgt across it like a previous photo done here somewhere in this thread on gas caps. Look at his marketing, jackets, shirts,etc it all has snakes,cobras,whatever, its a cool logo and i own a shelby and i want a snake on my shelby,I know I could buy one and put it on but I want one just for the sgt, the gt500 has a snake and they werent built at shelbys plant. This is the first shelby built at his new plant in 40 years and it should have this history, Its like mcdonalds building a new restaurant and putting a golden spatchula on top instead of the arches. jmho

Oh yea, and buy the way the new bullet has a steering wheel emblem to match the gas cap just like the orig. gt350, Ooooh dont get me started.

I think I like #2 in black the best also

Can you come up with a special "710" cap for Sue ?

IWANT THE BLUE C/S CAP AND THE OLD SCHOOL I DONT THE SGT IT DOES LOOK LIKE SARGENT :blink:

I think I like #2 in black the best also

Can you come up with a special "710" cap for Sue ?

IWANT THE BLUE C/S CAP AND THE OLD SCHOOL I DONT THE SGT IT DOES LOOK LIKE SARGENT :blink:

GT-H owner here - I'd love to see the simple CS logo with signature, silver on black or black on silver. That would work for all color SGT's and H's!

hey get out of here you have your own site we have enough crazy you have to go crazy someplace else :lol: :D :P :lol:

Just to see what owner's are thinking, I thought we could have a little fun and poll the gas cap question. Thanks to BlackSVO for his spectacular design work! Again, Great Job! Now lets see what happens.

The pole questions are set up in order of the gas caps below 1-8.

i vote #4 with signature above not over the gt

IMO there is only one cobra...and its not the gt500

its the CSX's

but the gt500 has the snake <_<

might as well have snake for SGT :P

but right now i'm not goin to change anything. personally i like to have the running mustang with the 3 verticle bars on my gas cap.

but when you think about it...with the stock GT gas cap emblem and trunk lid Shelby letters, stand behind your SGT and look and you'll see this...

S H E L B Y

GT

;)

maybe instead of having CS gas cap with carrol's signature...how about have the stock gas cap with "GT" letters but with Carrol's signature in it? HMMMM? GUYS? HMMMM?

AMY what do u think? :D:D

IMO there is only one cobra...and its not the gt500

its the CSX's

but the gt500 has the snake <_<

might as well have snake for SGT :P

but right now i'm not goin to change anything. personally i like to have the running mustang with the 3 verticle bars on my gas cap.

but when you think about it...with the stock GT gas cap emblem and trunk lid Shelby letters, stand behind your SGT and look and you'll see this...

S H E L B Y

GT

;)

maybe instead of having CS gas cap with carrol's signature...how about have the stock gas cap with "GT" letters but with Carrol's signature in it? HMMMM? GUYS? HMMMM?

AMY what do u think? :D:D

for Mod shop cars only....How about a picture of Mahoney in the center, with the words "This Buds for you" around the edge ???

Archived