TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Control

dave it shouldnt effect performance and im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the gas mileage. and just leave it off so you can spin them tires.

michael

T/C buttons where made into law by the tire manufacturers. LOL

I just noticed the T/C button (second day as new owner).

Does using T/C use more gas? Or, effect performance?

I know it prevents rears from spinning, I turned it off and I am

having much more fun now.

If the SGT's is similar to the GT-H's (don't have mine yet; have only rented and I don't know why it wouldn't be), there was a bit of spin allowed before it took over. After having owned many prior GTs with it, along with BMWs and the like, I found that on the GT-H to be much better as the older version would completely kill the power immediately. Unless you plan to do a very smoky burnout, I would say leave it on as it may end up saving your a$$ sometime (assuming you drive yours like I plan to drive mine).

Just my $0.02.

I just noticed the T/C button (second day as new owner).

Does using T/C use more gas? Or, effect performance?

I know it prevents rears from spinning, I turned it off and I am

having much more fun now.

The only thing the TC button does is when it's on and you rear tires lose grip, the car senses it, turns on a little "slippery when wet" light on the dash and cut's the power from the engine until the tires grip again. You want to kick it in to see how it works, find an open stretch of road, wrap up to about 3500 RPM's pop the clutch and hammer down. You will grow to hate it quickly - especially when you go to show off in front of someone and forget to turn it off.

For normal driving it's not even noticeable but then who drives normal? :rolleyes:

The only thing the TC button does is when it's on and you rear tires lose grip, the car senses it, turns on a little "slippery when wet" light on the dash and cut's the power from the engine until the tires grip again. You want to kick it in to see how it works, find an open stretch of road, wrap up to about 3500 RPM's pop the clutch and hammer down. You will grow to hate it quickly - especially when you go to show off in front of someone and forget to turn it off.

For normal driving it's not even noticeable but then who drives normal? :rolleyes:

the car starts playing BON JOVI? which songs off the CD. i havent had it do the BON JOVI yet? im going to try and here it now :lol:

(warning this will only be funny to someone who grew up in the 80s, if you dont understand please google :lol: )

michael morris

the car starts playing BON JOVI? which songs off the CD. i havent had it do the BON JOVI yet? im going to try and here it now :lol:

(warning this will only be funny to someone who grew up in the 80s, if you dont understand please google :lol: )

michael morris

Yeah, and for those of us still waiting for our cars, we're "Living on a Prayer" (Ohhh, I'm half way there...).

michael morris

If we drive like Barry, it could be "wanted dead or alive" :P

If we drive like Barry, it could be "wanted dead or alive" :P

Oh yeah, right. Like I'm the only one here who has not cut donuts in his ex-wife's yard, hit the ditch, done a highway patrol turn around and shot out of a tight 180 at 85 MPH. All without spilling his Rockstar!

Get real.... :D

Archived