TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mine will be here on Saturday!

swa737

So the SC is finally getting to you!!! Yahoo!!! Make sure we get to see the pics of it... Remember, you're not that far away that we can't hook up and talk about our Shelby's.

Congrats on it's impending arrival!!!

Gary

Gary

Thanks for the offer! I've got a GT500 spoiler already painted waiting for installation. Is it true that the SC is "disconnected" until 300 miles?

Thanks

Greg

Gary

Thanks for the offer! I've got a GT500 spoiler already painted waiting for installation. Is it true that the SC is "disconnected" until 300 miles?

Thanks

Greg

I think it is standard practice. Mine was working from the get-go but really started kicking in after around 300 miles. I'm going to run mine at DeSoto Speedway tomorrow night. 12 miles East of Bradenton if you're interested.

I think it is standard practice. Mine was working from the get-go but really started kicking in after around 300 miles. I'm going to run mine at DeSoto Speedway tomorrow night. 12 miles East of Bradenton if you're interested.

Please let us know what your times and speeds are.

Just got a call from the driver! Can't wait! I'm anxious to see the grill and razors...

What a car - you'll be a rare breed that has all those options from Shelby. Congrats you'll love it!

PS: Remember to wait 300 miles before the SC kicks in.

Just got a call from the driver! Can't wait! I'm anxious to see the grill and razors...

Boeing, congrats. I can't wait to see your car. Can you post pics as soon as possible? It sounds like your car will look similar to SGinBC's but with silver rather than black Razors. Are your wheels polished or chrome? What color is your car?

Also, Lakeland is great. I used to hang out there in the 90's. I was an East Coast Regional Sales/Distributor Manager for a manufacturer. I worked with a company on Drake Field Rd and used to hang out at the Outbacks on S. Florida Ave. I also used to stay at the lovely Holiday Inn with all of the Braves guys during the pre-season.

Greg, Congrats to you!!!! Talked with John today and ours is getting stripped on Friday. Won't go out till next week. God I'm so jealous!! Post pics as soon as you can.

Dave

Greg, Congrats to you!!!! Talked with John today and ours is getting stripped on Friday. Won't go out till next week. God I'm so jealous!! Post pics as soon as you can.

Dave

Fellas

The color is Black and the Razors are "bright silver". Outback is still there!

Dave, I'm so glad everything is coming together for you! Shipping was only 4 days to Florida, so that is good news for you. You may be the only one with chrome razors! I think I'll have to take a Tylenol PM tonight and tomorrow night because I'm getting antsy!

Fellas

The color is Black and the Razors are "bright silver". Outback is still there!

Dave, I'm so glad everything is coming together for you! Shipping was only 4 days to Florida, so that is good news for you. You may be the only one with chrome razors! I think I'll have to take a Tylenol PM tonight and tomorrow night because I'm getting antsy!

Dave/Greg, boy you both deserve a real lot of credit for your patience. Hats off to both of you.

Congrats again... You're gonna LOVE the car. I'm doing my 2nd oil change this weekend. Yep, that's at 10k miles and not a problem with the car at all... Gonna use Mobil 1 (5w20) this time around.

I thought the SC was "shut off" for 50 miles, not 300. I don't know as mine doesn't have that option - YET... Putting money in the SC fund for a road trip to the Shelby plant later on.

Desoto Dragway... Is that tonight '69??? Friday??? What time does it start???

BTW swa... its almost Saturday!!!

Gary

The S/C shut off was on the GT500. I didnt realize it was on this as well? And it was only 50 miles or it could be unlocked by the technician at the dealer. So you should be ready to rock and roll right off the truck :)

The S/C shut off was on the GT500. I didnt realize it was on this as well? And it was only 50 miles or it could be unlocked by the technician at the dealer. So you should be ready to rock and roll right off the truck :)

Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question here but how the heck do you "shut off" a belt driven SC? Where are the electronics? It works on one principal, engine turns SC with belt, SC packs air into intake. Where is the off switch?

I can't even understand how "detuning" the PC would bypass the SC. It's still going to be spinning and working like it should. Sure you can limit gas flow but that would affect the whole car not just the SC.

I've seen several posts on the SC being deactivated for 5 miles, 50 key cycles and/or 300 miles. Can someone explain?

Stump I have no idea how it works I just know the GT500 has it. They somehow detune the car via the PC so the lot guys and dealer people cant beat the p*ss out of it. Seeing how they are getting the huge rape charge over sticker I think it is a great idea. if someone is gonna beat my overpriced car I want it to be me! I have not heard anything about the SGT being detuned however. I will look into it tonight on the TMS boards and see how it is done.

Stump I have no idea how it works I just know the GT500 has it. They somehow detune the car via the PC so the lot guys and dealer people cant beat the p*ss out of it. Seeing how they are getting the huge rape charge over sticker I think it is a great idea. if someone is gonna beat my overpriced car I want it to be me! I have not heard anything about the SGT being detuned however. I will look into it tonight on the TMS boards and see how it is done.

I'm just curious is all. It was posted back sometime ago the SGT Paxton won't kick in until 300 miles. I'm just wondering how that's accomplished and since Greg is getting one, I bet he's interested as well....

Interesting...I didnt see that post. I would think they are now allowing the car to get to the 2500 RPM's that kick in the S/C if you will.

Hows your weather down there Stump? You getting all that rain too?

Interesting...I didnt see that post. I would think they are now allowing the car to get to the 2500 RPM's that kick in the S/C if you will.

Hows your weather down there Stump? You getting all that rain too?

gurgle gurgle.

The Shelby hasn't moved in a week.....

Both my ponds have broke their banks (some time ago) but fortunately the water flows to my neighbor's property. :D

We are not getting hammered like down south though, whew!

I was told by John that it was "tuned"/programmed into the ECU. I was told 300 miles and I believe that is when mine started kicking really well. Of course, I wasn't pushing too hard before then either so I could be wrong.

Regardless, goakley1, yes, tonight, the races start at 7pm EDT and I plan on being there by 8pm so I'll see how well it does.

Take care.

Greg, Got S-GT/SC yet? Is there diesel fumes in your driveway?VAROOM VAROOOOMMM. We're ALL waiting!!!!

Dave

To the faithful...

Took delivery this morning! Wow! Very nice! Very happy. Only 10 miles on it so far. I've been washing and waxing like a mad man. These things are very sandy when you get them, but I'd rather get the sand off rather than someone else getting it off. A lot of scratch potential. No worries there!

Ok...now I have to get pictures for everyone. I left Disney World to take delivery. The camera is back at Disney World, so I have to take them there and then post. Keep the faith...I will get pics!

Dave, can I email them to you, so you can post them. I don't know how yet.

To the faithful...

Took delivery this morning! Wow! Very nice! Very happy. Only 10 miles on it so far. I've been washing and waxing like a mad man. These things are very sandy when you get them, but I'd rather get the sand off rather than someone else getting it off. A lot of scratch potential. No worries there!

Ok...now I have to get pictures for everyone. I left Disney World to take delivery. The camera is back at Disney World, so I have to take them there and then post. Keep the faith...I will get pics!

Dave, can I email them to you, so you can post them. I don't know how yet.

Greg, Send them we'll see what we can do. You lucky dog!!!!!! B) How does the power compare to work vehicle? LOL

dave

Archived