TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Record Heat in Vegas!

RogerS

Just caught the news and one of the headlines is the record heat in Vegas. The current record is 117! They expect the temps to get to 116 today and at 7AM this morning the temp was at 91 :huh:

I give the team at SAI a lot of credit! I'm sure there is AC but that lot guy running cars in and out better have a water jug on his belt.

Just caught the news and one of the headlines is the record heat in Vegas. The current record is 117! They expect the temps to get to 116 today and at 7AM this morning the temp was at 91 :huh:

I give the team at SAI a lot of credit! I'm sure there is AC but that lot guy running cars in and out better have a water jug on his belt.

Yeah, but it's a dry heat :lol:

Awwww come on. You guys know SOMEONE had to say it....

Yeah...which brings the car's internal temp to 160-170 degrees! Previous studies found that on days when ambient temperatures exceeded 86°F, the internal temperatures of the vehicle quickly reached 134 to 154°F and this is far more and in total direct sunlight.

Never mind what this heat can do to the vinyl stripes etc.

:o

Yeah...which brings the car's internal temp to 160-170 degrees! Previous studies found that on days when ambient temperatures exceeded 86°F, the internal temperatures of the vehicle quickly reached 134 to 154°F and this is far more and in total direct sunlight.

Never mind what this heat can do to the vinyl stripes etc.

:o

Looks like mine will have a grey interior when it gets to me :unsure:

i havent seen it happen if a few years, but car rear windows would break when the heat got in the 100s here in GA. we would lose a couple every summer. but i think that they have fixed that problem. luckly the car will not melt, they just get real sticky and the paint cracks. :lol:

michael

i havent seen it happen if a few years, but car rear windows would break when the heat got in the 100s here in GA. we would lose a couple every summer. but i think that they have fixed that problem. luckly the car will not melt, they just get real sticky and the paint cracks. :lol:

michael

Yeah, I would think this heat would be murder on the stripes! You body shop guys, does it peel them up or bake them in? I'd love to think mine is IN the mod shop but by the looks of things and the size of SAI's facility. "In" probably means being worked on and waiting is in one of the holding lots. Shade what's shade??

Dave

michael

Boy Michael, that's not making me feel "WARM" and fuzzy about my car being out there! :lol:

Boy Michael, that's not making me feel "WARM" and fuzzy about my car being out there! :lol:

I gotta tell you: You guys crack me up sometimes!

The most funny comment of all was about the Hood Scoops! I can only (in all truth) imagine how they are warping like s**t out in that heat.

For crying out loud, mine (second scoop) expands and contracts daily!

Archived