TEAM SHELBY FORUM

settle an argument

timmyer

2 friends had a disagreement yesterday. I didn't know the answer. One friend said he test drove a 2004 new Mustang Cobra that had a supercharger on a 5.4 engine. My other friend said the gt500 is the only mustang to have a 5.4................which is right..........

2 friends had a disagreement yesterday. I didn't know the answer. One friend said he test drove a 2004 new Mustang Cobra that had a supercharger on a 5.4 engine. My other friend said the gt500 is the only mustang to have a 5.4................which is right..........

Simple Google search for Cobra 2004 5.4 took me to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra

The answer there was NO. However there was a 5.4 Cobra -R ...300 of them in 2000!

More info about this cool engine:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwcobraR/engine.htm

SVT made a supercharged 5.4L, but it was used in the Lightning, the cobra was only a 4.6L

Well, she said it was a newer body convertible style and said GT R on the back. I don't know...

Nope. No convertible made in the R. Just a badge as stated above.

1993 107 production run Red Coupe

1995 250 production run White Coupe

2000 300 production run Red Coupe with front splitter and tall rear wing.

Nope. No convertible made in the R. Just a badge as stated above.

1993 107 production run Red Coupe

1995 250 production run White Coupe

2000 300 production run Red Coupe with front splitter and tall rear wing.

I called and talked to her and pulled up the 2005 GT-R concept. She said it was similar but a different orange and no wing. She also said the "R" look like it was airbrushed. I'm thinking a type of clone probably.

Real one's are hard to come by and rarely seen on the street. The 93's are either raced or stored. Bringing big dollars. Low, low mile cars are double the original sticker. $60,000 +.

The 95's are mostly raced or wrecked from racing and rebuilt but many still race regularly. Most have led a hard life. :)

2000's are very popular race cars for open track events. The owners ride them hard and love it.

Archived