TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1966 Shelby GT 350

ilmor

ilmor,

If I could afford it I would have both the new and the old. It's a nice resto. That car is re-listed it did not sell the first time around. The car I miss the most is the 65 Mustang I did a nut and bolt resto on and did to R code specs. I should have NEVER sold that car.

Have you ever had the urge to sell it?

Nope! I actually think my car is in better condition than the one on ebay. It still has the orginal paint and some interior componets. It is a CA. car that was purchased at S&C Ford in San Francisco, no rust and no stories...lol. I have done some mods over the years, probably the most radical was swapping the brake system out for disc brakes. The car has 58K org. miles on the clock. I have all the documentation, org. dealer receipt, window sticker, order information, owner's manual, and so on.. I am the second owner of this car having bought from a friend for $2,300 back in 1967 ( I was 16 1/2). I have been offered $190K for it, and there is no way that I would ever sell it.

Nope! I actually think my car is in better condition than the one on ebay. It still has the orginal paint and some interior componets. It is a CA. car that was purchased at S&C Ford in San Francisco, no rust and no stories...lol. I have done some mods over the years, probably the most radical was swapping the brake system out for disc brakes. The car has 58K org. miles on the clock. I have all the documentation, org. dealer receipt, window sticker, order information, owner's manual, and so on.. I am the second owner of this car having bought from a friend for $2,300 back in 1967 ( I was 16 1/2). I have been offered $190K for it, and there is no way that I would ever sell it.

I hate to say this, but every man has a price be it monetary or something else you would NEED in your life. That pristine 58K original Shelby GT350 could one day be your negotiating piece for something you hopefully will never need, but you'll have it just in case. But you do have a price.

All in good manners please. B)

My uncle has a 66 he bought new and it has like 32,000 original miles on her. I would love to have this car other than the price tag. I dont think I could bring myself to drive a car that costs what a house does.

my dads got a 65 gt350 in great condition, but jesus farrell you had it when you were 16! you were/are a lucky guy my friend! i bet that made the teenage years alot of fun :)

Although I have to wait about 8 weeks - the Oregon DMV approved my new vanity plates:

66DNA

Well..well..well....Do my eyes deceive me or do I see both a pony badge AND a cobra badge on this car? In a previous thread, some of the "regulars" chimed in about how absurd it would be to put any kind of snake badging on our SGt's. Comments were made such as "it would make our car a snake headed horse" or "our car would grow up to be dysfunctional because it would not know its identity"

Maybe we should re-think this?

my dads got a 65 gt350 in great condition, but jesus farrell you had it when you were 16! you were/are a lucky guy my friend! i bet that made the teenage years alot of fun :)

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, as I was off to Vietnam just after turning 18, but my dad took good care of her while I was away!

Archived