TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop revisted (and beat to death)

NICE!!! I probably would have went with dual stipes on outside perimeters and silver and black duct tape. Would have been much classier <_<

Dave

duct tape is the best fixer that was ever made. saw someone get a tooth knocked out and duct taped that thing right back in. of course the guy day 60 seconds later because he couldnt breath, but the tooth was still there :D

michael (<---post count building) :lol:

+1. People destroy cars, even $40K cars and they don't even know they are doing it. Even after the facts are in, pictures and video taken they still think they have torn the thing apart and made something better. But for those people who do this there is the 1 in a million that actually makes the car or item better, but the odds are like hitting the lottery and the rest just destory the beautiful thing it was and never can admit it. Sorry & stupid bast*rds.

Ha, not really but I was cruising Ebay and came across THIS car. Anyone have a scoop bolted like this?

0006_4.JPG

Surprised he doesn't have bobby pins where the hood pins belong.

You got to wonder how much this design feature is has cost SAI in profits. It would have been easier in my opinion to have the cars built on the regular Ford Mustang line with an SAI Hertz GT-H style hood or give the customer the option of a hood scoop delete.

Maybe they will work it out by the time the 08 SGT comes out.

....the CS/GT-H hood is not without faults. It is fiberglass and I suspect, SAI woul have just as many problems with it. A little more engineering (time which wasn't available) would have helped the hood scoop. I also hope they have had time to fix it for the '08s but I doubt they did. I wonder what percentage of owners actually have claimed this problem. We are certainly a very vocal group and are passion is fueled be each others but we are maybe 100 owners.

You got to wonder how much this design feature is has cost SAI in profits. It would have been easier in my opinion to have the cars built on the regular Ford Mustang line with an SAI Hertz GT-H style hood or give the customer the option of a hood scoop delete.

Maybe they will work it out by the time the 08 SGT comes out.

I for one love my SAI scoop and know of no other scoop that matches the look that the SAI scoop offers. I have no doubts that some customers have had problems but I have over 2000 trouble free miles on my scoop so far. About your comment on "easier". Ford had already gone on record that it wouldn't be "easier" or profitable to build it on the regular Ford Mustang line. And if they did produce it, it was going to be a 2009 vehicle. This is where SAI excels. They put this car together in 100 days to give Mustang customers a another choice. No it's not for everyone, but for many of us, we would not have been interested in the car otherwise. What makes this car special to me is that it was design, built and completed by SAI. The museum pickup option was a truly special experience as well. There is no equal experience in a purchase of a Ford assembled vehicle.

It is all about options...and there are no shortage of options available for Mustang lovers. You are free to put any kind of hood on the SHELBY GT...including a hood without a scoop. You are also free to purchase a standard Mustang GT from Ford and put a SAI Hertz GT-H style hood or any Ford Racing or Shelby parts on it if you want....but don't take away my option to purchase a Mustang designed and built by SAI. I for one wouldn't change a thing on the Shelby GT and I'm confident that SAI will stand behind their products.

I also love my hood scoop. Do I currently have problems with mine. Yes I do. I personally feel that by the time our cars reach 5,000 miles most of us will have a problem with our hood scoops. I for one am not questioning whether or not SAI will send a new one if a claim is filed, I know they will and they are very good about doing that, but unless the design of the mounting system is revised the outcome will remain the same.

I'm actually looking forward to the additional new Shelby GT hood that Amy referred to in another post.

I also love my hood scoop. Do I currently have problems with mine. Yes I do. I personally feel that by the time our cars reach 5,000 miles most of us will have a problem with our hood scoops. I for one am not questioning whether or not SAI will send a new one if a claim is filed, I know they will and they are very good about doing that, but unless the design of the mounting system is revised the outcome will remain the same.

I'm actually looking forward to the additional new Shelby GT hood that Amy referred to in another post.

Don't be too sure! I'm getting the run around from Ford Racing. They say SAI shouldn't be handling this stuff and it has to go through them. They wanted pictures taken etc., and THEY will decide if it's bad enough to replace.

:blink:

Don't be too sure! I'm getting the run around from Ford Racing. They say SAI shouldn't be handling this stuff and it has to go through them. They wanted pictures taken etc., and THEY will decide if it's bad enough to replace.

:blink:

HI i am getting the same answer ,Bud give me the 800 # for my dealer to call and it was ford racing ,maybe SAI is passing it to them . maybe i could get some of those black bolts that are on that shelby thats for sale ........................................

You all didn't know that the black bolt/washer was an option? It's even in the catalog on page 41 for a price of $39.99. The kit comes with 4 bolts/washers and installation instructions.

I'm getting an extra set.

:P

I for one love my SAI scoop and know of no other scoop that matches the look that the SAI scoop offers. I have no doubts that some customers have had problems but I have over 2000 trouble free miles on my scoop so far. About your comment on "easier". Ford had already gone on record that it wouldn't be "easier" or profitable to build it on the regular Ford Mustang line. And if they did produce it, it was going to be a 2009 vehicle. This is where SAI excels. They put this car together in 100 days to give Mustang customers a another choice. No it's not for everyone, but for many of us, we would not have been interested in the car otherwise. What makes this car special to me is that it was design, built and completed by SAI. The museum pickup option was a truly special experience as well. There is no equal experience in a purchase of a Ford assembled vehicle.

It is all about options...and there are no shortage of options available for Mustang lovers. You are free to put any kind of hood on the SHELBY GT...including a hood without a scoop. You are also free to purchase a standard Mustang GT from Ford and put a SAI Hertz GT-H style hood or any Ford Racing or Shelby parts on it if you want....but don't take away my option to purchase a Mustang designed and built by SAI. I for one wouldn't change a thing on the Shelby GT and I'm confident that SAI will stand behind their products.

I like the Shelby GT hood scoop better than any other one out there. It's no wonder why Shelby went with it, 'cause it really looks good! However, Im also having mine replaced in a couple of weeks and I'm concerned it may not be a the long term fix. I believe it needs to be redesigned and made of a more rigid material and/or reinforced in key areas. But the only process is to let Ford try to fix it with the current replacement scoop and then go from there. The way I see it, SAI has 3 years/36000 miles to get this fixed. If they don't and it's still a problem, then I'll consider a new hood, but I'd rather have someone modify the scoop to make it work first.

Without giving up my SAI source, did anyone think that the SAI scoops were all the same and the Ford alum. hoods are not? It's a Ford manufacturung issue and not SAI's.

Ford may have a hood issue but SAI also has a mounting issue. The flange which is lifting is thin and lifts from heat distortion. And IMO I think its more from sun heat than engine heat. Mine moves all over hell on hot sunny days and not as much as non hot and sunny ones. It could be the material but who knows. Mine has the dimpled drivers edge as well. I dont care as the car still looks awesome and goes like hell. When winter hits Ill send her in for the fix. I am anxious to see the nw hood though. And the <bleep> lower driving lights we have been waiting for.

Harry Homeowner?? Is he Joe Blows cousin?

I emailed the dealership and asked if they had installed these washers but no response.

I finally got a response to my question of if they added the black washers on the scoop. Here is the reply:

"Thanks so much for your time and interest. All of the accessories were added by the Shelby Modifier Plant in Las Vegas. This car is gorgeous...319 HP...vroom! Please give us a call on our 888 number. Have a GREAT day." <_<

What exactly is the issue with the hood scoop? Does it warp or lift up on the sides?

Yes, and yes. Some will also have some ripples or dents in them.

What exactly is the issue with the hood scoop? Does it warp or lift up on the sides?

Hood scoop and exhaust rattle are probably the two biggest complaints about the car. Exhaust rattle is a simple fix depending on the problem but the scoop is still a work in progress....

Archived