TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOOD PINS FALLING OUT

mrhugger

Guys...and girls..

I am in love with my car but I finally found a flaw. Whenever I get on it, the hood pins fall out. Anyone else having this problem? Recommended solutions? Taking into dealer next week. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanx Steve

Guys...and girls..

I am in love with my car but I finally found a flaw. Whenever I get on it, the hood pins fall out. Anyone else having this problem? Recommended solutions? Taking into dealer next week. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanx Steve

Don't get on it... :)

Guys...and girls..

Sounds like your hood pins don't have any tension. In my case one does, won't move for anything, the other is very loose and will come loose. Obviously the intent of hood pins was to hold the hood should the latch give way at high speeds. The pins themselves shouldn't...kinda defeats the purpose yeh know? I am having the one replaced under warranty and you should do the same. It's matter of time before you do damage to the paint with a hood pin flying off.

Guys...and girls..

Shelby has a fix. There are a new stronger set of hood pin rings rings that inset into the hood pins that cause more tension and prevent the pins from falling out..

Guys...and girls..

I have had this happen also. Not sure if you have the same problem but if you do it's easy to fix. The ring on the pin can come out of the recessed hole.

1.) Flip the pin so the the end of the ring is close to the hole.

2.) Put the end of the ring back into the recessed hole.

3.) You should have tension again on the ring/pin.

4.) Get on it!

Hood%20Pin%2001.jpg

Hood%20Pin%2002.jpg

great info guys. thanx will review and advise...stupid question...does the square end go on the bottom or top...if I put on bottom is ok other than marking the ring...thoughts? thanx Steve

Matt...how was the show???

great info guys. thanx will review and advise...stupid question...does the square end go on the bottom or top...if I put on bottom is ok other than marking the ring...thoughts? thanx Steve

Matt...how was the show???

They go in just as they are shown in the above pics, flat side down. If you try to put them in the other way you're sure to scratch your hood or worse unless you play with them REALLY carefully.

The show was awesome! :D

Problem solved here. Went with Cuda recommendation and it worked. Simple....Thanx for the help. Steve

Matt...please tell me more about the show...how many shelby gt were there. Sorry but gone again this week...will contact you when I return...we need to hook up. Steve

Problem solved here. Went with Cuda recommendation and it worked. Simple....Thanx for the help. Steve

Matt...please tell me more about the show...how many shelby gt were there. Sorry but gone again this week...will contact you when I return...we need to hook up. Steve

I had to reshape my pins a bit using two sets of pliers. You could reset the torsion spring but when you "flipped" it, they would pop out again.

Archived