TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back from Las Vegas

Okay, so I posted some of my pictures here: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act..._album&album=73

I had a great time, other than the flight in (got to my hotel after 2:00 AM) and the flight out (delayed until about 1:30 AM). In between, I had a blast.

The rental GT-H (#174) has obvioulsy been ridden hard and hung up wet, but it was still a blast to drive. If it is any indication of the fun that I'll have in my SGT, I'd better go ahead and buy stock in Goodyear. Oh yeah, somebody had already defeated the trantion control lock, and it was deactivated at the simple push of a button...

I know that it has been said before, but I'll say it again: these guys are great; it is just unfortunate that they are so busy right now. John went out of his way to spend a few minutes with me, even though he was being pulled in 1K different directions. If you get the chance to go, make sure that you do it.

I also saw a couple of modshop cars that were in process and snapped some pictures, so if you are waiting on either #286485 or #300106, PM me and I'll shoot you a picture of your baby. There was also a good looking black GT/SC with the CS6 hood, rear wind and gray Razors sitting in the holding area, but I couldn't get close enough to see its number. I'll try to attach a pic of this one below (somehow, this feels less like an invasion of privacy as it can't be linked to its owner).

I asked 100 questions, but I'm going on 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night (and 3 1/2 hours from the night before), so I'm at a loss as to what else to post. If you have any questions about what is going on there, feel free to PM me and I'll try to tell you what I can.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they REALLY have their hands full. Makes me wonder how they make the time to answer our calls. That alone make the people at SAI special. I am now resigned to the fact that I will probably see my car in September. :huh:

There are a LOT of cars left to convert. What would be your assessment on where they are in the 6000 run. It must have been very cool to be able to find the car and then sit in it prior to conversion. You have done what some of us wished we could have or could do.

Get some rest and fill us in tomorrow. Nice pic's by the way, thanks. B)

Looks like you had a blast. Was waiting to hear back from you with your input so glad you finally sent this. Love the pics. Really like the pic with the polished Razors on the black car.

I rented Hertz # 176. It was lots of fun. Hope you opened it up where I suggested.

Will PM you for more info.

Is anybody concerned that their (soon to be) new dream car has been baking in the desert sun,

and sand blasted by dust for who knows how long waiting to be converted.

How long do they sit there?

Anybody find any dust in their new ride?

I'm not trying to be negative, just making an observation. Great report and great photo's.

ShelbyCobra, If you could e-mail with your e-mail, I have some questions for you. I can't get the PM feature to work. We are waiting on a black w/polished razors. We were hoping it would make the truck on the 29th.

Dave

Is anybody concerned that their (soon to be) new dream car has been baking in the desert sun,

I'm not trying to be negative, just making an observation. Great report and great photo's.

Exactly my thoughts. It pains me to think of my car sitting there in 100+ degree heat day after day with the sun beating down on the poor thing. Oh well, once I get a hold of the car it will lead a very sheltered life. Plus, once November arrives it will sit in a heated shop until the following April. Provided I have the car by November.

Every car going to SAI for the base conversion will be and have been. I have not really seen major issues posted on the board yet. So the paint gets to cure a little faster! :blink:

Bothers the he!! out of me. :(

The black car in the picture is mine. It is supposed to be shipped this week to florida. It has many options as noted below. Can't wait to get a hold of her and take her through the paces. The razors are bright silver. CS hood and CS8 grille. GT500 spoiler ready and waiting delivery! Pictures promised upon delivery!

The black car in the picture is mine. It is supposed to be shipped this week to florida. It has many options as noted below. Can't wait to get a hold of her and take her through the paces. The razors are bright silver. CS hood and CS8 grille. GT500 spoiler ready and waiting delivery! Pictures promised upon delivery!

Just curious, are your razors 18" or 20"? Also do you have the 24mm or 40mm offset version?

WOW! Great looking car. Sorry for the bad news but the spoiler on the car in the pic is not a GT500 spoiler! Did anybody else notice the spoiler?

Probably wasn't your car. Cuz if you say it is supposed to have the 500 spoiler then it will! Great choice by the way.

Have fun with your ride when it get's there. I am picking my car up in three days. I swear I will break down and weep when I see her, sort of like a lost daughter coming home. Boy am I sick or what?

Don't answer that.

WOW! Great looking car. Sorry for the bad news but the spoiler on the car in the pic is not a GT500 spoiler! Did anybody else notice the spoiler?

Probably wasn't your car. Cuz if you say it is supposed to have the 500 spoiler then it will! Great choice by the way.

Have fun with your ride when it get's there. I am picking my car up in three days. I swear I will break down and weep when I see her, sort of like a lost daughter coming home. Boy am I sick or what?

Don't answer that.

We are all sick, but I've accepted that! I have a GT500 spoiler here waiting for it. I ordered the GT spoiler from SAI initially, but decided to swap it out when it arrives. It wasn't offered through SAI.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they REALLY have their hands full. Makes me wonder how they make the time to answer our calls. That alone make the people at SAI special. I am now resigned to the fact that I will probably see my car in September. :huh:

There are a LOT of cars left to convert. What would be your assessment on where they are in the 6000 run. It must have been very cool to be able to find the car and then sit in it prior to conversion. You have done what some of us wished we could have or could do.

Get some rest and fill us in tomorrow. Nice pic's by the way, thanks. B)

Yeah, they stay busy. When I was talking to John, another employee found him and informed him his mailbox was full. He said that he knew, but the guy said he was talking about his cell phone, not his office phone, so I'm guessing that he has some catching up to do. I can, however, attest to the fact that he's going just as fast as he can.

The tour guide indicated that they do about 54 cars a day (I think), and someone else mentioned that there were about 1600 left, though I don't know how accurate this is. Finally, another guy there (his son also works there and helped me find my car...) said that they were planning to be through with the 2007 SGT conversions by the end of July, but that it might spill just a little over into August (though they hoped not).

When I asked what they planned to do with their "time off" after the 2007s were done (since they wouldn't have quite the same quantity for 2008), they indicated that they planned to shift focus more to the modshop work.

Yeah, finding my car rocked. Now that I have seen it and sat in it, it makes me want it to arrive even more. Having it go from this thing in my mind to a concrete object has kind of been a double-edged sword.

When my car first got there, they said that they try to turn them all around in 2 months. Mine arrived June 18 (June 20 per the computer, but June 18 per the writing on the windshield), so I'm guessing that it will be done by mid-August and to me by the end of August. I'm not too worried about the dust and sun as the cars that had been cleaned for striping and those that had been completed looked very good.

I think that people who have had their cars shipped directly from SAI to their home have found them to be very dusty. I assume we have the dealers to thank for getting them all purtied up before we see them...maybe that explains why so many want an ADM!

ShelbyCobra, If you could e-mail with your e-mail, I have some questions for you. I can't get the PM feature to work. We are waiting on a black w/polished razors. We were hoping it would make the truck on the 29th.

Dave

Yeah, the PM function works only half the time for me. You, or anyone else, can email me direclty at ShelbyCobra826@aol.com (bet you never would have figured that out...).

Archived