TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ratio of Automatic/Manual

Here in the Houston area, both Ford Dealers close to me have SGT's with automatics in their showrooms.

They have been there quite a while, one since April, the other for one month.

Does anybody know the ratio of Autos vs. 5-speeds coming out of Vegas?

Also, Planet Ford had the Chip Foose Stallion out front. Very pretty, for $48K list. Too pretty for me!

I about a week, I will be in a position to get me a Shelby. Yeeeeee Haaaaaa. I can smell the rubber burning now!

I personally would not get a car like this w/ an auto, but I can see where it would be more desirable by some.

I personally would not get a car like this w/ an auto, but I can see where it would be more desirable by some.

I got the auto because I like to cruise. However there are times when I wish I had the 5 spd. Yes there are lots of times. I am seriously thinking about a GT 500 since they have alot of color optons now. white/red stripes or black/red stripes! That way I have the best of both worlds!

I LOVE MY AUTOMATIC SGT!!! Occasionally I will get the guy that questions the wisdom of an automatic. For me, it was a difficult choice, but at least we all have a choice. I injured my left ankle when I was young on a motorcycle. I went on to drive a manual in a pickup truck for 10 years and I swore I wouldn't ever do that again.

We will have to wait to find out the ratio. I know a lot of black manuals were ordered in the first round of orders but many dealers did order automatics and white cars with their second order. I think the forum would have to agree that a white S/C automatic will be the rare bird for the 2007 run.

Luckily my right ankle has no such problem...... I love this car.

I LOVE MY AUTOMATIC SGT!!! Occasionally I will get the guy that questions the wisdom of an automatic. For me, it was a difficult choice, but at least we all have a choice. I injured my left ankle when I was young on a motorcycle. I went on to drive a manual in a pickup truck for 10 years and I swore I wouldn't ever do that again.

We will have to wait to find out the ratio. I know a lot of black manuals were ordered in the first round of orders but many dealers did order automatics and white cars with their second order. I think the forum would have to agree that a white S/C automatic will be the rare bird for the 2007 run.

Luckily my right ankle has no such problem...... I love this car.

I have a White Auto WITH A SUPERCHARGER being finished as I type.

Not many for sure!! Available SOON

Plus 2 White Auto's that are available now. I personally LOVE the Auto's. I drove 1.3 million miles in a 13-spd 379 Pete, enough shifting for me already.

randy 303 584-6623

From my first car and for many years I bought shifters. Mostly because I was too cheap to pay extra for automatic. Then I moved to Houston where bumper to bumper traffic is an every day occurrence. I ditched my 4-speed 4.0L Ranger for my first new automatic. For 8 years I've suffered from clutch envy. I follow Mustangs to work all the time and hear them shifting, blipping, gurgling, vrooming.

I love to blip the throttle between shifts, especially when there's a cop in the othere lane. Always makes them look. And, have had trouble with the automatics in wife's minivans. I don't think they are robust enough to handle the extra power. I'd rather replace a clutch than the entire tranny.

From my first car and for many years I bought shifters. Mostly because I was too cheap to pay extra for automatic. Then I moved to Houston where bumper to bumper traffic is an every day occurrence. I ditched my 4-speed 4.0L Ranger for my first new automatic. For 8 years I've suffered from clutch envy. I follow Mustangs to work all the time and hear them shifting, blipping, gurgling, vrooming.

I love to blip the throttle between shifts, especially when there's a cop in the othere lane. Always makes them look. And, have had trouble with the automatics in wife's minivans. I don't think they are robust enough to handle the extra power. I'd rather replace a clutch than the entire tranny.

How can you even make a statement and compare a auto minivan and Auto Shelby SGT, And sleep at night!! J/K...

I have Supercharged a Reg GT auto with no problems. And Ford has been Supercharging F150 Harley's and Lightnings with AUTO's. These auto trans have not been a problem, and they are driven Hard.

randy

How can you even make a statement and compare a auto minivan and Auto Shelby SGT, And sleep at night!! J/K...

I didn't compare a Minivan to a Shelby <_< , just a comment about these new fangled automatics in general. Actually, I've had trouble with Honda's tranny in my Acura CL too. And it ain't me mistreating it either. First one started clunking and slipping at 34K miles, then the replacement clunked at 63K. On 3rd

tranny with 83K miles and it is not as smooth as silk no more. But I have a warranty this time.

Reserve comments on reliability until you see 50-60K miles on these references. Then I would feel better if they are trouble free. I have read way too much about auto tranny problems in the last few years. Enough to make me steer clear.

I am not saying Ford's automatics are not OK. I just don't have enough confidence in them after the troubles I've had. No matter who makes them.

I didn't compare a Minivan to a Shelby <_< , just a comment about these new fangled automatics in general. Actually, I've had trouble with Honda's tranny in my Acura CL too. And it ain't me mistreating it either. First one started clunking and slipping at 34K miles, then the replacement clunked at 63K. On 3rd

tranny with 83K miles and it is not as smooth as silk no more. But I have a warranty this time.

Reserve comments on reliability until you see 50-60K miles on these references. Then I would feel better if they are trouble free. I have read way too much about auto tranny problems in the last few years. Enough to make me steer clear.

I am not saying Ford's automatics are not OK. I just don't have enough confidence in them after the troubles I've had. No matter who makes them.

Brother..........there are 1000's of Supercharged Auto Lightning & Harley's that have well over 50-60K miles on them. Come out to Lightning/Harley Truckfest in Sept at KC GTG. And watch those Auto's get raced and abused all weekend. I'll be their, running my Harley Diesel AUTO. (ran a 14:57 et 1/4 mile with a 8000-lb truck)

randy

Dave, I posted a response a week ago about the auto/manual question. There is a guy on another set of boards with 600 HP to his auto mustang T and he has no issues. he has posted the 4th fastest time as well. I had the auto on my 06 GT and it was awesome. I wanted a manual though and went with one in my SGT. But I would not hesitate to drive this auto tranny again.

Archived