TEAM SHELBY FORUM

East Coast Mod Shop

I believe that Shelby is suppose to be opening an East Coast Mod Shop. Has anyone heard. I read on another topic that in late fall they will be putting mods on SGT's that did not get them the 1st time.

No idea about any East Coast shop though I seem to remember when that was mentioned it was shot down. AS for the fall mod shop stuff you are correct, John posted in his pinned topic, that the mod shop would open up for SGT's that didn't get mods the first time around in the late fall.

I believe that Shelby is suppose to be opening an East Coast Mod Shop. Has anyone heard. I read on another topic that in late fall they will be putting mods on SGT's that did not get them the 1st time.

Yep, heard about it.

I was at SAI yesterday, and John did not have anything worked out on the east coast yet. He implied that it looked good for something being set up in FL, but nothing definitive.

Supposedly Tasca Ford in Cranston, RI. A heritage store according to what John W told me.

Carroll Shelby, the GT500KR, and the SS will attend August 25 announcement.

Link: Tasca Ford

Then click on 10th Annual Mustang and Live Music Show for the flyer.

Also see aodwyer's signature above.

I'm not sure either of these choices make sense. I think Shelby had it right when they set up shop in MI near the Mustang plant. In most cases I am seeing a 3-4 lag between gate at AAI and arrival at SAI. Then we have another 2-3 week wait from SAI to dealer. If SAI set up in the midwest, MI, IN, IL, OH, then we could shave weeks off the front and, given the central location, a week or so off the back end.

IF you put a shop in RI or FL the travel time will be greater, more congested roads than a straight shot down 80, and again when leaving. I don't see much time savings at all logistically anyway.

But then again it's just my usual arm chair quarterbacking and I would think someone already worked the numbers.

:unsure:

FWIW: If the goal is to place the store in a location that's the closest to the most people not currently within an 18 hour drive of Las Vegas, then Nashville, TN would be a good spot.

I'm a geography nerd so I did an analysis of the best location for a Shelby Store that would be within an 18 hour drive of major Eastern US metro areas (those in the top 50 US metro areas).

For a comparison, it takes about 17.5 hours to drive from Seattle to Las Vegas and about the same from Boston to Nashville.

Listed below are those metro areas with a population over 1 million, that are closer to Nashville than Las Vegas.

Metro

Pop

Rank. Metro area: Dist to Nashville

1. NY, NY: 883 miles

3. Chicago: 473 miles

4. Dallas-Ft Worth: 685 miles (1206 miles to Las Vegas)

5. Philadelphia: 804 miles

6. Houston: 857 miles

7. Miami: 913 miles

8. Washington DC: 665

9. Atlanta: 247 miles

10. Detroit: 532 miles

11. Boston: 1100 (slightly closer than Seattle is to Las Vegas)

16. Twin Cities, MN: 883 miles

18. St Louis: 308 miles

19. Tampa-St Pete: 703 miles

20. Baltimore: 702 miles

22. Pittsburgh: 580 miles

24. Cleveland: 519 miles

25. Cincinnati: 271 miles

27. Orlando: 686 miles

28. Kansas City: 554 miles (1348 miles from K.C. to Las Vegas)

29. San Antonio: 937 miles (1274 miles from S.A. to L.V)

32. Columbus OH: 377 miles

33. Indianapolis: 286 miles

34. Hampton Roads, VA: 704 miles

35. Providence, RI: 1065 miles

36. Charlotte: 424 miles

37. Austin: 859 miles (1299 miles from Austin to Las Vegas)

38. Milwaukee: 563 miles

39. Nashville: 0 miles

40. Jacksonville, FL: 592 miles

41. Memphis: 213 miles

42. Louisville: 175 miles

43. Richmond, VA: 613 miles

44. Hartford, CT: 1001 miles

45. Oklahoma City: 679 miles (1113 miles from OKC to Las Vegas)

46. Buffalo: 706 miles

47. Birmingham, AL: 192 miles

49. Rochester, NY: 771 miles

50. New Orleans: 533 miles

Missing city ranks are Western Metro areas (e.g. #2 is Los Angeles, CA)

So having a store in Las Vegas and Nashville would mean that every US metro area with a population over ~400,000 (except Portland ME), would be within a 18 hour drive of a Shelby Store. (125 out of the top 126 metro areas)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...s_by_population

Yes I'm a geek for figuring all this out.

Nashville appears to be a good compromise to reach the most eastern metro areas (listed below are those metro areas that are closer to Nashville than Las Vegas with a population over 1 million).

While you're right we're not gaining as much on the front end as we would if SAI was located near AAI. Sure it's not bad but if it was near AAI the time would be cut to a day or two.

And yes, you are a geek...

It really depends on what the primary purpose of this 2nd store would be. If it's to speed up the Mustang GT to SGT conversion process then yes, close to AAI would be ideal.

I was thinking more about the aftermarket: I.e. customers bringing their cars in for aftermarket work (e.g. superchargers, body kits, CS6 conversions etc).

By the time a second location would be up and running to take the pressure off of conversions, initial conversions that is, they would be done with the 07 run of 6000. I would think the plan is for the future. Mod's of existing and new release conversions.

....the way I understood the 2nd location was to provide a more convient location for the 40th Anniversay, supersnake and future conversions. More convient to east coast owners means more conversions and revenue.

I believe there is going to be a least one more location somewhere in the Midwest. This is in addition the Cranston, RI shop.

It really depends on what the primary purpose of this 2nd store would be. If it's to speed up the Mustang GT to SGT conversion process then yes, close to AAI would be ideal.

I was thinking more about the aftermarket: I.e. customers bringing their cars in for aftermarket work (e.g. superchargers, body kits, CS6 conversions etc).

The additional locations would be used for any post title conversions (40th, SS) and any mods. All Ford Motor Co conversions (S-GT, KR) would still be handled at SAI in Las Vegas. This info is based on what I've learned from this and other forums and a couple of visits to SAI this year. It is completely unofficial!!!

Here, here. If anyone at SAI is reading this, Capital Ford in Raleigh and Crossroads Ford in Cary both have good service departments. If course, then I'd have to get a second job to support my "habit".

I think Indianapolis is being considered. Good pool of mechanics there.

FWIW: If the goal is to place the store in a location that's the closest to the most people not currently within an 18 hour drive of Las Vegas, then Nashville, TN would be a good spot.

I'm a geography nerd so I did an analysis of the best location for a Shelby Store that would be within an 18 hour drive of major Eastern US metro areas (those in the top 50 US metro areas).

For a comparison, it takes about 17.5 hours to drive from Seattle to Las Vegas and about the same from Boston to Nashville.

Listed below are those metro areas with a population over 1 million, that are closer to Nashville than Las Vegas.

Metro

Pop

Rank. Metro area: Dist to Nashville

1. NY, NY: 883 miles

3. Chicago: 473 miles

4. Dallas-Ft Worth: 685 miles (1206 miles to Las Vegas)

5. Philadelphia: 804 miles

6. Houston: 857 miles

7. Miami: 913 miles

8. Washington DC: 665

9. Atlanta: 247 miles

10. Detroit: 532 miles

11. Boston: 1100 (slightly closer than Seattle is to Las Vegas)

16. Twin Cities, MN: 883 miles

18. St Louis: 308 miles

19. Tampa-St Pete: 703 miles

20. Baltimore: 702 miles

22. Pittsburgh: 580 miles

24. Cleveland: 519 miles

25. Cincinnati: 271 miles

27. Orlando: 686 miles

28. Kansas City: 554 miles (1348 miles from K.C. to Las Vegas)

29. San Antonio: 937 miles (1274 miles from S.A. to L.V)

32. Columbus OH: 377 miles

33. Indianapolis: 286 miles

34. Hampton Roads, VA: 704 miles

35. Providence, RI: 1065 miles

36. Charlotte: 424 miles

37. Austin: 859 miles (1299 miles from Austin to Las Vegas)

38. Milwaukee: 563 miles

39. Nashville: 0 miles

40. Jacksonville, FL: 592 miles

41. Memphis: 213 miles

42. Louisville: 175 miles

43. Richmond, VA: 613 miles

44. Hartford, CT: 1001 miles

45. Oklahoma City: 679 miles (1113 miles from OKC to Las Vegas)

46. Buffalo: 706 miles

47. Birmingham, AL: 192 miles

49. Rochester, NY: 771 miles

50. New Orleans: 533 miles

Missing city ranks are Western Metro areas (e.g. #2 is Los Angeles, CA)

So having a store in Las Vegas and Nashville would mean that every US metro area with a population over ~400,000 (except Portland ME), would be within a 18 hour drive of a Shelby Store. (125 out of the top 126 metro areas)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...s_by_population

Good thing for me Im the only guy on here 4 miles from Portland Maine Mark!LOL I am hoping it will be Tasca Ford or someone closer to me. I am thinking more and more about the S/C and I want it done by Shelby.

Good thing for me Im the only guy on here 4 miles from Portland Maine Mark!LOL I am hoping it will be Tasca Ford or someone closer to me. I am thinking more and more about the S/C and I want it done by Shelby.

Webba, I honestly don't know whether it will be Tasca or not, but, you are one of the guys that I told Tasca about back in April when I suggested to them that they should be in this business. My discussion with them about it over the phone weeks prior was with a somewhat different ending, however, when I met with them and discussed it more in depth, they were much more open to the whole idea.

Maybe we will learn more at Tasca Day (this proves that I don't know anything because if I did, I wouldn't have said this). My guess is that it is not Tasca, but if it were, maybe they'll announce it at Tasca Day. More of a reason for all to come (especially since you'll see more car - just to be a little self-serving - LOL).

As Chilli said (if it were in Columbus), I'll run it!

I hope they do become a Shelby mod shop. I would send mine in this fall for the S/C in a heartbeat if that were the case. I know these trcuk companies know what they are doing but I am just leary about sending it all the way back to LV and then back to Maine. Alot can go wrong. And I always seem to be the guy with the bad luck. Plus if anything were to go wrong with the S/C I would be somewhat close to have it fixed at Tasca. I am planing on taking my car down to the show so I will be talking with you before hand so we can try and meet up. :)

I hope they do become a Shelby mod shop. I would send mine in this fall for the S/C in a heartbeat if that were the case. I know these trcuk companies know what they are doing but I am just leary about sending it all the way back to LV and then back to Maine. Alot can go wrong. And I always seem to be the guy with the bad luck. Plus if anything were to go wrong with the S/C I would be somewhat close to have it fixed at Tasca. I am planing on taking my car down to the show so I will be talking with you before hand so we can try and meet up. :)

I feel the same way. I really want the supercharger but I don't know if I could let it go back to Vegas.

Archived