TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 KR hood on SGT

07SGT0057

Will it fit? I wish the SGT hood was like the GT500kr hood, how the hoodscoop and hood is molded.

Heinz,

I think the issue is the fascia. I'm not expert here but I think the 500 and KR hood lines up with the fascia differently than would with the SGT.

I like my hood and the scoop. The thing that upsets me is the scoop raising off of the hood that so many of us and I suspect many more in the future will have. I believe the heat from the engine has something to do with it as was brought up in another post. Until something is done with the plastic mounting brackets I feel that the problem will continue. If I'm not mistaken sdear went thru 2-3 hood scoops and the lastest one still does not fit flush. I have even thought about buying the CS6 hood like socal just for an extra hood. <_<

I like my hood and the scoop. The thing that upsets me is the scoop raising off of the hood that so many of us and I suspect many more in the future will have. I believe the heat from the engine has something to do with it as was brought up in another post. Until something is done with the plastic mounting brackets I feel that the problem will continue. If I'm not mistaken sdear went thru 2-3 hood scoops and the lastest one still does not fit flush. I have even thought about buying the CS6 hood like socal just for an extra hood. <_<

Heinz,

If you end up getting a different hood, let me know and maybe I'll buy your original one off you.

Hope it's okay to call you Heinz. Or, maybe you should call your car Heinz. LOL If so, there is a topic on car naming - post it there.

Heinz,

If you end up getting a different hood, let me know and maybe I'll buy your original one off you.

Hope it's okay to call you Heinz. Or, maybe you should call your car Heinz. LOL If so, there is a topic on car naming - post it there.

we have some cool hoods coming for the sgt, if you dont like the Gt-H, maybe one of the others, but dont sell your hood, if you want to see the car, you will need the original parts.

Amy

Amy

we have some cool hoods coming for the sgt, if you dont like the Gt-H, maybe one of the others, but dont sell your hood, if you want to see the car, you will need the original parts.

Amy

Amy

Wow I can't wait! I hope you guys make it kool like the GT500 KR's! :) btw Amy, what's the status on the dead pedals?

Amy

Amy

This is very good news. I had planned on keeping my original hood anyway. Please keep us posted Amy.

I bought the CS6 hood just because of the same issues. I am having it painted and striped soon. I have no problems with my scoop now but I am afraid like some others their may be problems down the road.

I bought the CS6 hood just because of the same issues. I am having it painted and striped soon. I have no problems with my scoop now but I am afraid like some others their may be problems down the road.

gtplumber are you having a body shop paint the hood for you and where are you getting the stripes from? Just curious if you don't mind.

Archived