TEAM SHELBY FORUM

0% FINANCING ON SHELBY GT!

ShelbyDude

FORD is running a 4th of July special offering 0% Financing on 2007 Mustangs.

This offer INCLUDES the Shelby GT and the Shelby GT500.

The 0% Financing is for 36 months.

This is the ONLY offer available on these two mustangs.

I two in stock you can buy for MSRP and get the 0% for 36 months for qualified buyers!

The offer ends on July 9th.

I have two SGT's available.

Cars are located in Central Illinois.

PM me if interested.

Black with manual and White with automatic.

White: # 1215

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Automatic Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $31,285 + $7,390 SAI (dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,675 Total MSRP!

BLACK: # 1160

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Manual Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRIUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $30,740 + $7,390 SAI (Dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,130 Total MSRP!

Yes, that disclaimer applied to my loan as well! Also couldn't get the $1000 rebate due to disclaimer.

I ran the vin is Ford's vincent system and the 0% for 36 months apply on the Shelby's.

Ford goes by what they have in their system. So if a customer was to purchase one where the dealer has the print out from Ford's vincent system at the time of sale Ford accepts it.

If it is NOT in the system at the time of sale then Ford will NOT accept it and any cost is charge backed to the dealer.

So IF this is an error of Ford's part anyone that jumps on it before they correct it would be able to take advantage of it!

So IF this is an error you would need to hurry before Ford changes it.

Who can afford 36 months of payments at 0% on these cars, good grief>>>>>

GG

The cash buyers! Instead of using your cash use the Ford Credit's cash and leave your cash in the bank earning interest.

For people that don't have the cash and that need to finance, for most they wouldn't be able to make the payments. Financing $40K would be $1,111.11 month for 36 months at 0%.

Okay, for those of us that would struggle with an $1,100 car payment, 0% interest or not, can we "slip through" the $1,000 cash back?

The cash back was increased to $1,500 in lieu of the financing rates. But there is no cash back offered on the Shelbys. You can not just "slip it through" because that comes from Ford, not the dealer, and Ford will not honor it.

BTW,

The difference between a $40K loan at standard rates for 60 months VS a $40K loan at 0% for 36 months is about $290 month.

I know $290 month can be a big difference for a lot of people, but if you could afford to bite the bullitt and take on the extra $290 payment, your loan is paid off in 3 years VS paying out $820 month for 5 years.

Plus you save about $9,240 in interest!

$820.66 X 60 payments = $49,239.60 in total payments over 60 months.

$1,111.11 X 36 payments = $40,000.00 in total payments over 3 years.

BTW,

The difference between a $40K loan at standard rates for 60 months VS a $40K loan at 0% for 36 months is about $290 month.

I know $290 month can be a big difference for a lot of people, but if you could afford to bite the bullitt and take on the extra $290 payment, your loan is paid off in 3 years VS paying out $820 month for 5 years.

Plus you save about $9,240 in interest!

$820.66 X 60 payments = $49,239.60 in total payments over 60 months.

$1,111.11 X 36 payments = $40,000.00 in total payments over 3 years.

You are correct but often it doesn't matter what "we" think we can afford but what the bank thinks you can afford and if they think that extra $290 is too much...well....

In my case I had to go out 72 months and go against my house (to deduct interest) and even then had to bargain down the rate to make it work. In my case I was close to saying no but will just have to eat Ramon noodles a few nights a week! ;)

My wife & I retired a few months ago, having sold our business for a pile of cash. Now, and to a large degree prior, we've paid attention to managing our cash & business debt. Often I would take advantage of those 0% credit card offers that come thru the mail. I'd draw maybe $20k on the card and use it to pay down our business credit line, thus saving 8% for a year, or $1,600.

There is a continuous stream of those offers in the mail and I still do it, only now I use the funds to simply put in the bank and earn 5.1% or so (GMAC Bank, for example). I'll also do this to pay for our SGT Mod Shop work using a new card obtained just for this purpose.

Cash management is fun & profitable!

Roger

'07 SGT awaiting S/C at the Mod Shop

Sorry, got interrupted.

My point was, I would most definitely have taken advantage of Ford's 0% offer on the SGT had it been available when I was required to pay for the car in May. Instead I wrote a check for the car.

I can afford to do it either way--payments or cash. I'll always take a 0% deal if it's available when I'm already planning to make a purchase. It never sways my decision to buy a car or whatever either way however.

My last one was a Kubota tractor with backhoe, mower deck, etc. I walked in to buy it and they offered me 0% financing with 0 down, just like when I bought our Suburban in 2002. The Kubota offer put about $1,500 in my pocket over 3 yrs by allowing me to leave the money in the savings account.

I wish I could've waited to pay for my SGT that way.

RogerRamjet

My wife & I retired a few months ago, having sold our business for a pile of cash. Now, and to a large degree prior, we've paid attention to managing our cash & business debt. Often I would take advantage of those 0% credit card offers that come thru the mail. I'd draw maybe $20k on the card and use it to pay down our business credit line, thus saving 8% for a year, or $1,600.

There is a continuous stream of those offers in the mail and I still do it, only now I use the funds to simply put in the bank and earn 5.1% or so (GMAC Bank, for example). I'll also do this to pay for our SGT Mod Shop work using a new card obtained just for this purpose.

Cash management is fun & profitable!

Roger

'07 SGT awaiting S/C at the Mod Shop

Sorry, got interrupted.

My point was, I would most definitely have taken advantage of Ford's 0% offer on the SGT had it been available when I was required to pay for the car in May. Instead I wrote a check for the car.

I can afford to do it either way--payments or cash. I'll always take a 0% deal if it's available when I'm already planning to make a purchase. It never sways my decision to buy a car or whatever either way however.

My last one was a Kubota tractor with backhoe, mower deck, etc. I walked in to buy it and they offered me 0% financing with 0 down, just like when I bought our Suburban in 2002. The Kubota offer put about $1,500 in my pocket over 3 yrs by allowing me to leave the money in the savings account.

I wish I could've waited to pay for my SGT that way.

RogerRamjet

hey roger i know it a shelby forum, but was wondering what kind of size kubota you have. just bought my 3rd kubota about 3 months ago. L5030 with a cab and loader. really love my kubota.

just wandering

michael morris

Totally agree your situation and scenario makes PERFECT sense and conversely why these make no sense for Ford other than to get people (with perfect credit) on the fence to buy.

-M

Matt,

It's sooo good I'm going to take advantage of it myself.

Roger the other Roger :D

Dave, I have no experience with the Shaker 500, so I can't directly compare the two. However, I can say that I was always planning on going with the 500 until my car showed up at the dealership with the Shaker 1000 installed. Although I wasn't happy with the extra $1200, I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the Shaker 1000 and am now very glad it came that way.

Houston dealer made me a second chance ebay offer of $100 over invoice. Wonder if I should save $9000 on interest by taking the 36 mo. 0%.

Car has the Shaker1000 sound system. Does it sound $1200 better than the Shaker500???

Having never heard the 1000 mind you, the 500 is seriously lacking on Bass. It's got to be an improvement.

If you're never going to mess with the factory system I say go for it. If you have plans of changing things up in the future, $1200 can go a long way on a new system.

It would probably cost a good $800 or so for a decent quality 500 watt mono amp, formed-to-fit box and speaker and then there would be the installation headache of doing it yourself. Add another couple hundred for someone else to install.

Dave, I have no experience with the Shaker 500, so I can't directly compare the two. However, I can say that I was always planning on going with the 500 until my car showed up at the dealership with the Shaker 1000 installed. Although I wasn't happy with the extra $1200, I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the Shaker 1000 and am now very glad it came that way.

I had the 1000 in my old GT, not in my SGT where I got navigation, and while I love the nav....I mis my deep bass. Well worth the difference!

Having never heard the 1000 mind you, the 500 is seriously lacking on Bass. It's got to be an improvement.

If you're never going to mess with the factory system I say go for it. If you have plans of changing things up in the future, $1200 can go a long way on a new system.

It would probably cost a good $800 or so for a decent quality 500 watt mono amp, formed-to-fit box and speaker and then there would be the installation headache of doing it yourself. Add another couple hundred for someone else to install.

Hey Stump. I have an 12" MTX ThunderForm amplified sub in my 2004 F-150 SCrew, and I love it. It was easy to install, and I will be adding one to my SGT when it arrives. Crutchfield has them for $550, no tax and free shipping: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sNDBD8oyIkP/c...30&I=236FMUS05A

You can also get the carpeted 12" Scosche box for $200, but you'll need to add an amp: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sNDBD8oyIkP/c...30&I=142FDMUS05

With hindsight, I wish that I had ordered a GT Deluxe rather than a Premium as the base car and added leather so as to avoid the Shaker systems entirely. If you try to put in an aftermarket head unit and upgrade the speakers, you pretty much need to rewire the system completely due to the onboard factory amps. I had a 2000 GT with the Mach 460 and did this, and it was a complete pain.

Hey Stump. I have an 12" MTX ThunderForm amplified sub in my 2004 F-150 SCrew, and I love it. It was easy to install, and I will be adding one to my SGT when it arrives. Crutchfield has them for $550, no tax and free shipping: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sNDBD8oyIkP/c...30&I=236FMUS05A

Hey! That is pretty nice! The Scosche is meh IMO but that MTX looks sweet. With a 200 watt RMS class D amp iit should rumble nicely. I guess with speaker level inputs it just splices into a rear speaker?

Can someone please tell me how long the 0% financing has been in effect? About 3 weeks ago the SGT I ordered in Feb. was delivered to my dealer. At this time I asked my dealer to arrange the best financing available and he set me up with 5.92% for 60 months. Was 0% financing available threw Ford then? If it was I was not made aware of it. Maybe Michael could help me out with this.

Can someone please tell me how long the 0% financing has been in effect? About 3 weeks ago the SGT I ordered in Feb. was delivered to my dealer. At this time I asked my dealer to arrange the best financing available and he set me up with 5.92% for 60 months. Was 0% financing available threw Ford then? If it was I was not made aware of it. Maybe Michael could help me out with this.

The 0% for 36 months is from 6/28 - 7/9

Archived