TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Grill Issues

MattInDetroit

All:

I'm seeing the black vertical things behind my grill wearing down from cleaning such that I'm seeing metal and the black paint is coming off. I'm talking about the vertical supports that the horizontal aluminum bars attach to. Anyone else seeing this? :blink:

Ok, if I understand you, you can see the aluminum angle holding the grill overlay? They only hold by the ends and can be seen through the grill(s).

I'm not sure all of your post is in English there, Matt. I can't comprehend the first sentence. :)

EDIT: Oh! I get it now....

I like the magic marker idea.

All:

I'm seeing the black vertical things behind my grill wearing down from cleaning such that I'm seeing metal and the black paint is coming off. I'm talking about the vertical supports that the horizontal aluminum bars attach to. Anyone else seeing this? :blink:

My lower grill is doing the same. I touched it up with a Harley Davidson black pen that is used for HD frame touch-ups.

I've seen this happen on the main grill and the lower grill insert. In fact, when I received the lower grill insert some of the black paint was already worn off. I thought this is how the grill came, i.e. I wasn't aware that the paint is slowly coming off, but I have not been checking.

Ok, if I understand you, you can see the aluminum angle holding the grill overlay? They only hold by the ends and can be seen through the grill(s).

I'm not sure all of your post is in English there, Matt. I can't comprehend the first sentence. :)

EDIT: Oh! I get it now....

I like the magic marker idea.

Hey, sorry tried to explain what I was seeing without knowing what to call these things! Ugh...

Anyway...the back paint comes off pretty easily. Just wipe with a soft cloth and off it comes! This can't be right....right? :o

All:

I haven't seen any evidence of this-of course I haven't seen any evidence of my car either!! :P

All:

I didn't notice it until I looked closely. So, does anyone have an idea what would work other than the HD black pen (we don't have a HD dealer in town)? I'd like to find such a pen in one of the chain auto part stores.

I didn't notice it until I looked closely. So, does anyone have an idea what would work other than the HD black pen (we don't have a HD dealer in town)? I'd like to find such a pen in one of the chain auto part stores.

I would think anything with a flat black finish. You can get black touch up pens at any auto parts place. Wal-mart has black paint pens in their arts and crafts section or get a black permanent marker. Even black fingernail polish would probably work.

Or remove the grill, mask the brushed parts and spray paint.

Or take it to the dealership. It should be under warranty.

Archived