TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC....Have You Joined Yet?

RetroAlex

Hi Folks....

I was considering joining the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC). Have any of you Shelby GT owners joined yet or have you thought about joining?

I would like to hear your thoughts. And what you think are the benefits....I know that Shelby Autos & Ford, Inc. also sponsor them. The website has the cost of a new membership in the US at $47.00.

Thanks,

RetroAlex #2946

Hi Folks....

I was considering joining the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC). Have any of you Shelby GT owners joined yet or have you thought about joining?

I would like to hear your thoughts. And what you think are the benefits....I know that Shelby Autos & Ford, Inc. also sponsor them. The website has the cost of a new membership in the US at $47.00.

Thanks,

RetroAlex #2946

I was a member of SAAC for many years and let my membership expire. I will be rejoining prior to receiving my car. That little sticker says a great deal on your appreciation to the Shelby Brand and usually defines you as a true Shelby enthusiast. The Snakebite Bulletin is a great periodical with many interesting historic articles, technical tips etc. I used to read them cover to cover in the first week and then anticipate the next issue. The discouts for or to SAAC events pays for the membership in the first year if you take advantage of them.

That will give me 4 member ships. SCCA, SVTOA, MCA, and SAAC. I'm going to run out of places to put the decals. :)

I joined only about a month ago, so I can't comment much except to say that I like being a part of the club. The initial literature I received is good and enjoyable reading. I look forward to attending one or two events per year if they are in the new england area.

I joined only about a month ago, so I can't comment much except to say that I like being a part of the club. The initial literature I received is good and enjoyable reading. I look forward to attending one or two events per year if they are in the new england area.

ilmor,

You in CT? If so the annual Lime Rock meet! :) I'll be a going. Car or no car.

ilmor,

You in CT? If so the annual Lime Rock meet! :) I'll be a going. Car or no car.

Retro, the SAAC is awesome. Been a member for years. Went to SAAC 28 and met the legend.

DO a search for SAAC. There are already several posts on the subject with some great information.

Well worth the $47. This July 4-7 (I think) there is a huge SAAC 32 event and for the first time it is joined with the SVTOA which the SAAC owners/founders just took over.

RossGT, please post any info on Lime Rock on the "Events" post in the pinned section. Definitely plan to go. Hope to have my car by then.

RossGT, please post any info on Lime Rock on the "Events" post in the pinned section. Definitely plan to go. Hope to have my car by then.

Adam,

Looks like no "specific" sponsored show this year :(

However if you look in the "Event" section the Labor Day Show is great at Lime Rock. Usually many local SAAC members have a very strong showing. Due to the non-race on Sunday regulations, this has been the fill in show where the cars are lined up from the starting line through the "S's" on both sides of the track. Very nice show and a great track to visit. This is also the 50th. year celebration. Should be a good time. Weather permitting of course.

Gentlemen!

Many thanks for your responses.....rossgt, ilmor & aodwyer! :D

The website shows theyre welcoming us new owners just as much as they welcome the older Shelby owners. Great! Even their new t-shirt has a 07 gt500 on it....I wish they had more events in Florida though, the only upcoming event scheduled is at Daytona in November.

So bottom line is I'll be joining right away. The SAAC is for me! Well, if I have reading material coming in the mail I better finish the book I'm reading now....

SHELBY: The Man. The Cars. The Legend.(Wyss/2007).... Just another great read!

RetroAlex #2946

Gentlemen!

Many thanks for your responses.....rossgt, ilmor & aodwyer! :D

The website shows theyre welcoming us new owners just as much as they welcome the older Shelby owners. Great! Even their new t-shirt has a 07 gt500 on it....I wish they had more events in Florida though, the only upcoming event scheduled is at Daytona in November.

So bottom line is I'll be joining right away. The SAAC is for me! Well, if I have reading material coming in the mail I better finish the book I'm reading now....

SHELBY: The Man. The Cars. The Legend.(Wyss/2007).... Just another great read!

RetroAlex #2946

Retro, I highly recommend backordering some of the older Shelby American magazines - especially number 72 with the Magical History Tour - absolutely awesome read.

Archived