TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS66 wheels

Will the 18X8.5 CS66 wheel have enough clearance to accomodate the Shelby GT Plus brake system?

And is the Plus brake system going to be considerably better than my stock system?

I think they discussed a while ago that the brake upgrade requires nothing smaller than a 20 incher

The issue here is the size of the rotor and then the caliper mounted over the rotor. The brake kit has 14" front rotors. I would think that you can get away with 19"'s but you may want to double check.

As far as the braking, yes.......you will notice a difference. More clamping power, better pedal feel due to the braided stainless front lines and upgraded brake pads.

Will the 18X8.5 CS66 wheel have enough clearance to accomodate the Shelby GT Plus brake system?

And is the Plus brake system going to be considerably better than my stock system?

I emailed Bud about this a while back, and he responded:

I just found out that the newer type Baer brakes will work with the stock GT500 wheel. But, it will not work on a regular GT wheel. I also believe that the 18" black razors will work on these brake systems too. I can not confirm this though. We have not tried them out yet. We never had the 18's here to try to fit.

Bud

I believe that the cs wheels were designed with big brake packages in mind, so I'm guessing that you're okay, but of course I'd confirm this with the manufacturer first.

Can I ask why you want to go with "only" a 18-19 inch wheel? B)

I'm guessing that Randall doesn't want to sacrifice ride quality or worry about hitting pot holes, rocks bigger than a pea, etc. I'm in the same boat and am looking at the cs56 18x9.5s myself.

Archived