TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Racing

ilmor

Has anyone road raced, or even autocrossed, his SGT yet, or heard of any in competition? I have read that the SCCA has homologated the SGT to run in its T2 class, but I wonder if any have anywhere yet? It would be great to see one on track in competition (not mine :lol: ).

I'd like to see this thread used to report on any known SGT racing.

ilmor,

That is interesting on the SCCA and the T2 class. Could be why Roush is developing it's Track Pac car. Should be a great competition. I do plan on open tracking mine and dabbeling in autocross.

Has anyone road raced, or even autocrossed, his SGT yet, or heard of any in competition? I have read that the SCCA has homologated the SGT to run in its T2 class, but I wonder if any have anywhere yet? It would be great to see one on track in competition (not mine :lol: ).

I'd like to see this thread used to report on any known SGT racing.

Click the link in my sig. "4 Aces Racing" go to autocross page. Tried it with a friend of mine at a local event/car show. Very fun. Wan not the fastest car thier for sure but, i was the only SGT thier. :)

Large file and it consist's of 3 runs, the first 2 sucked because i had no clue :blink: , LOL and the last is when my daughter/Navigator pulled it all together for us. :D

oh man i really want to take my car to the texas motor speedway infield or somethin when it arrives, looks like so much fun, didnt get those big ass brakes for nothin :P

Be aware on the TMS open day they limit your speed to something like 75. I had a buddy go this past time and they finally allowed him to go to about 80-85 on the last lap. One guy got kicked out for going 100!

I asked him, "what's the use?"

Of course he got a pic of him and his Jeep in the winners circle.........

......for a small additional fee. :)

I heard the car clubs put on a nice show all day though.

• 2 weeks later...

The white SGT also finished 1st in the Ladies catagory! The wife may is a pretty good driver also. ;)

Sorry for the late chime in. My wife and I run in the DC region and run with a couple other guys that run a Shelby GT. I know of at least 5-6 Shelby GT's making a bid for the Solo championship this year. They will be well represented this year and even have a win at the DC ProSolo and the Peru Tour (Sam Strano). I would expect to see his name a lot this year.

I'm still getting comfortable in the car, as I spent the last 4 1/2 years in a 2003 Mach 1. Hopefully will be able to keep up with that Strano guy before Nationals.

Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason and welcome. Your doing a pretty good job, looking at the resuts in adjusting. Good luck and keep us posted. I am planning to join you in the Northeast. When.....my car is finished at SAI.

Yeah, me too. I was disappointed that I didn't get to go and then after I spoke with him, glad I didn't get to go.

I understand the desire to get out a TMS and run the car. Last year I took an introduction to road racing experience from Texas Driving Experience and loved it. I was out for a conference and did this the Saturday before the conference. The morning session was skidpad, lane-change, and some autocrossing in their cars. The afternoon was two 30min sessions on the 1-mile infield road course. The afternoon sessions are in your own car and after about 10-min of lead follow in the first session it was open track with passing on the straight. Since I was a long way from home I just rented their car, a six cylinder base Mustang that I think came from a rental fleet - but it was a lot of fun. One guy had his new GT-500 there and ran it hard. Participating in this school will also allow you to participate in their "Wild Roval" which lets you out on the oval. I would love to try it.

I have SGT0930 and have started autocrossing it. Being a beginner I am in it just to go out and run the car through the course. I am working on my driving and not too woried about competing yet - maybe after I get some experience. It is a blast to drive hard. :lol:

Here in the Houston area I have a couple of choices. Either $200 for a day at the Texas World Speedway an hour north, or a new road course thats being built 30 miles west in Sealy. I will probably try the nearest one (sure it's cheaper too) first. But, the Shelby needs to be good and broken in before I abuse him.

How much for a new set of tires?

I have SGT0930 and have started autocrossing it. Being a beginner I am in it just to go out and run the car through the course. I am working on my driving and not too woried about competing yet - maybe after I get some experience. It is a blast to drive hard. :lol:

Sounds like fun. I will be doing the same. And welcome SouthGAShelby!

Archived