TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top Secret - The Shelby GT

ilmor

I think its so strange how Ford and Shelby has done so little to advertise the Shelby GT. For example, today I obtained a 2007 Ford Mustang brochure from my dealer. All models of Mustang are in it, including the GT 500 and the California Special, but not a single mention of the Shelby GT. I would be curious to hear from Amy of SAI what the thought process was with our most mysterious and secretive cars! B)

I think its so strange how Ford and Shelby has done so little to advertise the Shelby GT. For example, today I obtained a 2007 Ford Mustang brochure from my dealer. All models of Mustang are in it, including the GT 500 and the California Special, but not a single mention of the Shelby GT. I would be curious to hear from Amy of SAI what the thought process was with our most mysterious and secretive cars! B)

What's a Shelby GT again?

Is it that thing in the driveway that takes a big chunck of money out of my bank account every month?

I think it's that mysterious thing that most of waited months and months to own, or at least most of us Stump. Most of us probably asked ourselfs at least once if this wait is really worth it and why did I get myself into this. Well the wait is worth it ! Just not sure if I could go thru it again, although hopefully they learned their lesson and will give future buyers a little better and more accurate information as to the time it will take.

I think it's that mysterious thing that most of waited months and months to own, or at least most of us Stump. Most of us probably asked ourselfs at least once if this wait is really worth it and why did I get myself into this. Well the wait is worth it ! Just not sure if I could go thru it again, although hopefully they learned their lesson and will give future buyers a little better and more accurate information as to the time it will take.

I really think the time frame thing in most cases was due to the fact most dealers didn't know much about the cars to begin with-I'd have been ok with my dealer telling me "yeah, we've got one ordered and it's all yours, but it'll take 6 months to get here" instead of "we got the invoice, the cars usually come a few days after the invoice"--then you wake up each day wondering if today is the day you'll get the call. I could endure the wait better if I'd had a better idea how long it was going to be from square one.

Keep in mind that you don't see Roush or Saleen Mustangs in those brochures either. As much as we may hold the Shelby GT higher it is still a signature car much like those. As such it is SAI's responsibility to advertise the Shelby GT, not Ford's.

The Shelby GT500 is in the brochure. I think there is more to the Shelby / Ford relationship that that of Saleen and Roush.

While the Shelby GT wasn't in the 2007 Mustang brochure, it WAS in the special mid-year brochure, with the Interceptor concept, etc...

Jer

Keep in mind that you don't see Roush or Saleen Mustangs in those brochures either. As much as we may hold the Shelby GT higher it is still a signature car much like those. As such it is SAI's responsibility to advertise the Shelby GT, not Ford's.

Very good point, well taken. B)

The Shelby GT500 is in the brochure. I think there is more to the Shelby / Ford relationship that that of Saleen and Roush.

....yes but as we all no the GT500 is 100% produced by Ford. It isn't a car that is built by Ford then shipped to an outside company, modified and then sent to the dealers. The Shelby GT, Roushs and Saleen 281s are handled very similarly. Is there more to the Ford/Shelby relationship maybe but I bet Roush and Saleen would disagree.

While the Shelby GT wasn't in the 2007 Mustang brochure, it WAS in the special mid-year brochure, with the Interceptor concept, etc...

Jer

....lol, yes there was. I have a couple of them. It was distributed at the North American Auto Show in Detroit. That was a flaw in my logic that I hoped nobody would point out. :angry: ...... :P

If the Shelby GT500 and the Shelby GT are both Shelby's, I don't agree that they should be handled any differently in brochures or advertisement just because one of them was completed in another shop. You'll never convince me that Roushs and Saleens have the same Ford heritage and history as a Shelby. Also, now seeing Jer's comment about the mid-year brochure is interesting...I sure would like to get a copy of that.

If the Shelby GT500 and the Shelby GT are both Shelby's, I don't agree that they should be handled any differently in brochures or advertisement just because one of them was completed in another shop. You'll never convince me that Roushs and Saleens have the same Ford heritage and history as a Shelby. Also, now seeing Jer's comment about the mid-year brochure is interesting...I sure would like to get a copy of that.

I believe he is referring to the Ford concept brochure that has been for sale a few times on ebay. They seem to be hard to come by. I am pretty sure it was made up for the auto shows.

It looks great... And he'll send it to you in a cardboard mailer, so it SHOULD arrive without bends or torn corners...

There are also great write-ups in the Winter 2007 myFORD Magazine AND the Oct 2006 Automobile Magazine...

http://www.myfordmag.com/myford/2007winter/?fm=1

http://www.primediabackissues.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=AUT

Enjoy!

It looks great... And he'll send it to you in a cardboard mailer, so it SHOULD arrive without bends or torn corners...

There are also great write-ups in the Winter 2007 myFORD Magazine AND the Oct 2006 Automobile Magazine...

http://www.myfordmag.com/myford/2007winter/?fm=1

http://www.primediabackissues.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=AUT

Enjoy!

I just love all the goodies. I'll look back in a few years and just wow myself, then go out a bang a few gears!! :lol::lol:

Archived