TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT versus Roush BlackJack

ShelbyGT/SC

Oh you are totally DISQUALIFIED even if you had your car!!!! I love the attitude. :P

The camera is out side under the first shingle@ :lol::lol::lol:

When I was looking for my "new mustang" ....I almost bought a Rousch. I hadn't done alot of research...I just new I wanted a really "nice mustang" .

We have a huge Roush dealer near us. We went ...and I test drove one. We dickered a little with the guy on price.....and left. We went to 5 million other Ford dealers...and we kept passing by the "SGT" in showrooms. My husband was always drawn towards those...and I kept saying.....we can't afford that one !!!! :o ( all of them had admin fees of 15,000 ) But I kept thinking to myself howwww classy those cars look ! It was everything I wanted.

We went home. Roush guy kept calling...kept dropping his price...but not where I wanted to be.

Next few nights we hit a few more dealers..and bingo ! A black Shelby GT with no admin fee ! The guys says...you want to drive it? ( I knew I would own it at that moment ) He backed it out of the showroom and the rest is history. My first impression was ...man this rides a little bumpy...then after 2 mntues..man this thing rides AWESOME !!!! Took it home the next day ! :D It had all the "factory" toys I wanted on it.

It was far more classy...IMO....than the Roush. That night..the Roush dealer called..he met my :rolleyes:

price. :rolleyes: I proudly told him I bought a Shelby ! He was speechless. :D :P

sdear... That's a great story, especially about the Roush guy meeting your price and now he's speechless. That's one of those "priceless" moments. Did you go to Brandon Ford where they are a HUGE Roush dealer??? You know, if he'd only given you your price the first day instead of jackin' you around, you'd be driving it instead... Glad things worked out correctly!!!

When I was looking for my "new mustang" ....I almost bought a Rousch. I hadn't done alot of research...I just new I wanted a really "nice mustang" .

We have a huge Roush dealer near us. We went ...and I test drove one. We dickered a little with the guy on price.....and left. We went to 5 million other Ford dealers...and we kept passing by the "SGT" in showrooms. My husband was always drawn towards those...and I kept saying.....we can't afford that one !!!! :o ( all of them had admin fees of 15,000 ) But I kept thinking to myself howwww classy those cars look ! It was everything I wanted.

We went home. Roush guy kept calling...kept dropping his price...but not where I wanted to be.

Next few nights we hit a few more dealers..and bingo ! A black Shelby GT with no admin fee ! The guys says...you want to drive it? ( I knew I would own it at that moment ) He backed it out of the showroom and the rest is history. My first impression was ...man this rides a little bumpy...then after 2 mntues..man this thing rides AWESOME !!!! Took it home the next day ! :D It had all the "factory" toys I wanted on it.

It was far more classy...IMO....than the Roush. That night..the Roush dealer called..he met my :rolleyes:

price. :rolleyes: I proudly told him I bought a Shelby ! He was speechless. :D :P

Great story sdear. I've been wondering were you were. Hadn't seen you on this forum for a few days.

Oh, by the way all, that same dealer with the Roush has that black SGT that they originally ordered for me is "looking to get rid of it." They claim that they can't move it but they move the Roush cars all the time. I thought that was funny because they have had the BlackJack for a few weeks now. You would think that anyone looking for a Roush would jump on the opportunity for a BlackJack. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll give you their info. They said they'd let it go for around $40,000 and I talked them down to $38,000. I'm sure it could go even less because it has no IUP. Good thing I never ended up getting it because he ordered it (in my name supposedly) before I could tell him the options I wanted.

sdear... That's a great story, especially about the Roush guy meeting your price and now he's speechless. That's one of those "priceless" moments. Did you go to Brandon Ford where they are a HUGE Roush dealer??? You know, if he'd only given you your price the first day instead of jackin' you around, you'd be driving it instead... Glad things worked out correctly!!!

Well said Gary.

Great story sdear. I've been wondering were you were. Hadn't seen you on this forum for a few days.

Oh, by the way all, that same dealer with the Roush has that black SGT that they originally ordered for me is "looking to get rid of it." They claim that they can't move it but they move the Roush cars all the time. I thought that was funny because they have had the BlackJack for a few weeks now. You would think that anyone looking for a Roush would jump on the opportunity for a BlackJack. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll give you their info. They said they'd let it go for around $40,000 and I talked them down to $38,000. I'm sure it could go even less because it has no IUP. Good thing I never ended up getting it because he ordered it (in my name supposedly) before I could tell him the options I wanted.

Well said Gary.

I have been lurking :P (patiently waiting for those gas caps to show up haha )

Yeah...I am sure I would have bought the Roush if he had met my price. I knew what I could spend..and was preapproved....and actually now I am very GLAD he didn't meet my price at first....because I probably would have bought it.

The Shelby just outclasses the Roush in so many ways...especially now that I am more "educated" on these cars. When I was at Daytona last week, side by side....the Shelby outclasses them so much ! The Roush's just look so "plasticy" is that a word?? lol The Shelby's will defintaly hold their value so much more too.

It WAS Brandon Ford that I was dealing with. It was amazing how they dropped the sticker 6 grand right off the bat ...and still had more to move. ( i was looking at a stage II ) The dealer where I bought my Shelby didn't move off the sticker at all....and I was ok with that as I had researched it here before we went in to test drive it. My trade in got me where I wanted to be. ( I had a super clean low mile 04 GT )

Anyways..I love my car....it gets ALOT of looks.....then they see an older lady driving it..and they really look LMAO ! They probably think she is driving the kids car...yeahhhhhhh right ! :P My son says it's a sad day when his mom has more "bump in the trunk" then he does hahahaha Still getting use to driving a black car...ohhhhh the cleaning haha...but it keeps me moving anyways :)

sdear- The right thing happens to those who wait! I love the story especially when the saleman met your price and you told him you bought the Shelby, I know he just dropped to the floor. I love it! Besides the Shelby really does out class the Rousch. I am not just saying that becuase I own one, the truth is the truth.

Swede

Hi All,

I am new for the first time & just cruising the site. I live in the general area where ROUSH builds cars in Livonia, MI. Recently I cruised through their finished parking lot before they ship out. Also been looking at the Shelby's. My favorite is the Shebly-GT. :rolleyes: I believe little styling details on the Shelby are better than ROUSCH cars. It's like looking at good art you know something is better to the eye, but hard to explain. :P

Anyway, I am not sure what a BlackJack ROUSH really is. I think it's this one marked Stage # in with a red logo?? If interested I took lots of pictures & will post more if interested. The Drag Pack car is awsome.

T

Hi All,

I am new for the first time & just cruising the site. I live in the general area where ROUSH builds cars in Livonia, MI. Recently I cruised through their finished parking lot before they ship out. Also been looking at the Shelby's. My favorite is the Shebly-GT. :rolleyes: I believe little styling details on the Shelby are better than ROUSCH cars. It's like looking at good art you know something is better to the eye, but hard to explain. :P

Anyway, I am not sure what a BlackJack ROUSH really is. I think it's this one marked Stage # in with a red logo?? If interested I took lots of pictures & will post more if interested. The Drag Pack car is awsome.

T

Welcome to the forum. Yes, the one you have pictured is the BlackJack. Your right about the Drag Pack Car. Just a straight forward name for what the car was intended.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, the one you have pictured is the BlackJack. Your right about the Drag Pack Car. Just a straight forward name for what the car was intended.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been comparing the Roush & Shelby-GT's & here are a few photo's to prove that Shelby's have better lines & details. Also better Price$$$$$$

T

lol, looks like that dealer has atleast two GT500s sitting on their lot. I guess they aren't getting the price the stealership thinks they deserve.

Socaljafo

This dealer is in Ann Arbor, MI & has (1) Shelby-GT plus (3) ShelbyGT-500's (conv.& fastback). I was told the GT is priced at sticker list & they were taking bids on the GT-500's. The conv was @ $15K over sticker. What a pig of a dealer.

T

Archived