TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT wins 1st place in 2000 to 2007 class

savage1969

We had a great time this past weekend in Victoria, Texas excluding the off-and-on rainy weather. The show was presented by Crossroads Cruisers Car Club based in Victoria. All proceeds went to local charities.

I have attached a pic mainly for Mr. Morris who has gone out of his way to get me materials. His efforts, I believe, went a long way in overall presentation scores.

post-1973-1144018743_thumb.jpg

(as you can tell, I ran out of time getting the front fascia repaired from the stock plate mount)

I would like to thank the following for their contributions and inspiration:

Forum members including:

Mr. Michael Morris (way too generous, made the whole presentation possible)

Stump (great ideas and fellow Texan who's even willing to drill his hood for modifications)

Too many others to list (I appreciate everyone's input on my past questions

and comments, hopefully I have returned the favor).

SAI Team including:

Bud (received all required parts in time for installation over the last 3 months)

John Walker (doing his best to rectify hood scoop issue)

Akos "AJ" Feher (walking me through the scoop process)

Note: Scoop issue not 100% resolved, but much better than original (none of the judges noticed)

All the rest:

Scott Drake, Mac Haik, Paul @ Wittmeier, Steeda, FRRP, Latemodel Restoration Supply, Crutchfield, XMFanStore, SoundGate, all my friends (who drank beer in my shop and watched me work most every night), and all the others I surely forgot to mention.

This was the first time "Shelby" had been outside for more than five minutes in over two months! A lot of hard work and credit card debt has payed off. Now if the rest of my backorders come in, I'll be ready to do it again. The only part I did not like was the ride home that night. Bugs the size of bats all over the frontend and glass. I spent most of yesterday re-detailing. Anyway, thought I would share with everyone. It was a great time. I will post more info and pics later (must....clean.....car...) :lol:

I didn't realize you had so many mods to the car. What did you do from Crutchfield?

Crutchfield, TNT Audio, Mobile-One, Logjam, and XMFanStore were all contacted and where I purchased all the pieces (wanted to do my own install). Sound system was kinda tricky. I wanted to keep the stock HU to decrease the chances of smash-and-grabs. In the end all you can see is the Inno cradle inside and the sub in the truck with no loss of trunk space (hid all amps, crossovers, and loomed all wiring).

I upgraded the door and rear panel 5x7's to Memphis 15-MC5.7's (very bright). Pushing an Infinity Ref 12 in a Scosche enclosure with an Eclipse 3322 using a EFX 4 guage wiring kit and a Soundgate LOCB.2 output converter. Topped off with a Pioneer Inno on a Pro-Fit Legend Mount hard wired to a PIE FRD04-AUX variable aux input (the factory aux input level was too low).

Very satisfied with results. :)

Crutchfield, TNT Audio, Mobile-One, Logjam, and XMFanStore were all contacted and where I purchased all the pieces (wanted to do my own install). Sound system was kinda tricky. I wanted to keep the stock HU to decrease the chances of smash-and-grabs. In the end all you can see is the Inno cradle inside and the sub in the truck with no loss of trunk space (hid all amps, crossovers, and loomed all wiring).

I upgraded the door and rear panel 5x7's to Memphis 15-MC5.7's (very bright). Pushing an Infinity Ref 12 in a Scosche enclosure with an Eclipse 3322 using a EFX 4 guage wiring kit and a Soundgate LOCB.2 output converter. Topped off with a Pioneer Inno on a Pro-Fit Legend Mount hard wired to a PIE FRD04-AUX variable aux input (the factory aux input level was too low).

Very satisfied with results. :)

I should hope so!

What freq. did you tune your sub?

I hate the sound system in these cars. A lot of highs and no lows but then I'm a bit bass deaf too....

If I remember correctly I settled on subsonic @ 20 and crossed @ 50. For me it seems to work the best with the door subs acting as mids. Obviously personal preference. Had to tone down the highs a tad as the new 5X7's are so much brighter than stock. Maxed highs will make your ears bleed and I was worried about an aneurism. :D . Once dialed in, bottom is greatly improved to the point I am worried I might have to loc-tight all the bolts in the car. :lol:

To be honest, I am probably 50/50 stereo vs. exhaust. I still can't get enough of the tone, but then I guess everyone on here can relate to that. :)

Archived