TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car polishing

After going to the pismo beach car show, I was able to try some Adam's Premium Car Care Products.

I had somehow driven over some grease on the way there, I will put the shine up against any of the other products, zaneo, blackfire or whatever they called. I paid 55.00 for the kit and I have never seen a stock paint job shine like that. here is the link. http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-12-detail-kits.aspx

WOW - for $55 it ought to be good! I'd like to see it side by side w/ one of my zymol or mequiar jobs to see the actual difference, i.e., is it really worth that much money? I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but I am very curious!

I will try and take a picture of it, but pictures really dont do it justice. It is very sunny and hot here and I dont see a picture that would show it very well, and yes I think its worth the price of the detail kit cause I like it, you can go buy a 10.00 bottle of there buttery wax and try it, I just purchased the whole kit.

Zanio may be the stuff, but for those of us short on time and money I don't think Mother's can be beat. I have had my car for two months now and water still hasn't touched it. All I have used is Mother's Showtime quick detail and Mother's cleaner wax.

I have had many compliments on the paint and when I tell people I used Mother's they can't believe it. Most of them figured it was professionally done.

Since polishing my truck last month the local detail shop has even started using the stuff.

I bet for all the stuff you get in the Zaino kit it prices out about the same as meg or any other brand. The kit has leather cleaner, clay bar, a cotton applicator, car wash, tire cleaner, .....christ there is probably toothpaste and mouth wash in there for all I know!LOL And it works just like Megs. To each his or her own. If it looks good and makes you happy whatever floats your boat ;)

Sorry guys. Hate to be the naysayer here but wax is wax. It all comes from the same tree.

The real shine is in the compound/clay bar you use (the prep before the wax) and you have to strip the wax to the clearcoat to make it work correctly. Wax is just a protector. I'm not trashing anyone or any product they are using - to each his own and if your happy then great! - but I just can't see spending so much for the same wax used in every car wax product out there.

I have a deep wet look on my car and have never paid more than $5 for wax and have had numerous people compliment me and ask how to achieve the look on their vehicle. Mequires, Eagle, DuPont with Teflon, the cheapo old school paste wax, etc., they all have the same effect (except for the Rain Dance wax - horrible stuff). And with microfiber on a DA buffer, they all shine like a new penny. Here lately I just use Meguiers Spray wax on a terry cloth towel and buff with microfiber, and for in-between I Use Eagle One wax-as-you-dry on microfiber.

If I have scratches, I strip the wax, buff with a compound and re-wax. Scratches completely gone most of the time. Birds kill me with there little claws. They land on the car and slide because of the wax job - little b******s.

Now paint sealants are a whole other monster.

I disagree! maguires, eagle one, zaino and everyother wax ARE different. With that being said I've detailed half my car with Maguires and half with Mothers. I got a better shine with Mothers and it didn't melt off the car as fast. So I put the Eagle One against the Mothers and again the Mothers won again. So I put the Mothers against the Turtle Wax Ice and all I have to say is anything Turtle wax ice anything sucks! With being very happy with Mothers I put it against the all mighty Zaino and Zaino blew it out on the water!!!

Zaino didn't melt at all and I had people come up to me and ask why I only waxed half my car, I had to tell them I was doing a test and Zaino is winning.

So with Zaino being my number one I'm going to put it up against Zymol and alot of other "high end" wax and polishes and post my findings at a later date.

Archived