TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does ProCal tuner come with the car?

SWEDESHELBY1

Ed S; OK let me get this straight, any FORD Dealer has the tuner upgrade for the SGT and they can be reflashed back to the orginal SGT tune if it is serviced? My dealer says he does not have the SGT tuner available to him or his technicians, what is the real story? We should all know this as some dealers just might flash a normal GT tune into the car when a service is done, that is just the way Dealers do it. They alwasy have and always will do it the easiest way possible and say "The customer will never really know the difference". I think MOST all dealers operate on that level, get 'em in the service department and get'em out of the service department! :angry:

No,

I think we are on 2 different subjects here,

The dealer does not have the tuner. They use what system they have to fix problems within the computer system by uploading update software ect.... You have to have your own tuner (SCT, Diablo) ect....

Example:

If you decide to Dyno tune your car, Whom ever does that for you will have as part of thier package a Hand held tuner (SCT,Diablo) to save the information and to save your tune. or If you purchase an after market tuner (SCT, Diablo) ect... from a source such as Brenspeed or JDM ect... you tell them what car you have and tell them what you are wanting from the tune and they can set you up. Now, The first time you use that handheld tuner from whom ever, it automaticly saves the tune that is in the car as delivered (Shelby/Ford Racing).

If you take your car in for service, other than oil change lets say, Sometimes they will check for updates to your cars computer system and update it without your knowlege. Thier maybe an update that relates to what your concern was for bringing the car in initialy. When that occurs it will erase your tune and and put the Shelby/Ford tune hopfully and not a Gt tune back in. But, Your tuner will no longer recognise your cars computer and if you go to re-flash your car with your own personal one from your SCT or what ever, your car will load it but will not maybe start because of the different stategy code that it now has from what it had initialy.

So what im talking about is,

If you change tunes from the Shelby/Ford tune to something else, you will have the ability to return it to the original configuration prior to taking your car in and thier are no "RED' flags. so if you take your car in because the engine is smoking and you leave your altered tune in it, Their maybe a warranty issue. Return it to stock before going in and no "Red" flag. Chances are they wont touch the tune aspect of the car because its something from a different source other than the Gt line but, you never know. But if they do, you are giving the car to them as if you never tuned it yourself. I have an SCT with my own tunes in it. I no longer use the Shelby/Ford tune because for me, its to soft and i like it a little more aggressive. I have just heard too many stories from the Gt guys that when they went in, there stuff got changed and when the went to re-flash, they were dead in the water.

I hope this clears that up? :)

Archived