TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Couple More Questions from the New Guy....#2946

RetroAlex

Had a couple more questions you 07 Shelby GT vets could help me with.....Again I just received my white automatic this past Saturday. :D Please excuse if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

1. Although the car comes with the FR Power Upgrade and Handling Packs, I also wanted to install the FR Drag Pack. The Drag Pack appears to duplicate the 90 mm Cold Air Kit, Performance Oil Filter & Pro-Cal Tool that the car already has with the FR Power Upgrade. All the car really needs is the shorty headers, Gear Installation Kit and 3.73 R&P Assembly. So do I save the rest til needed? Also, do I order the D.Pack through one of the suppliers shown at the Ford Racing website or can I order it directly from a Ford Dealer? I'm assuming the dealer will install it, but will it be under warranty (first) and will it's installation affect the car's main warranty (second). I also read somewhere that the speedometer may also have to be re-calibrated afterwards? Lastly, is it worth the $1300.00 to purchase it then $? to install?

2. In less than a week I've put a couple rubs on the plastic under the front bumper even though Ive avoided wheel stops like the plague! I almost have to stop at railroad crossings. I mean there's not much room under the car.....Could use some of your ideas on avoiding front rubs. Thanks!

Lastly, does anybody really think the car will reach 6000 in total? At the rate they are showing up they'll still be delivering 07's when the 08's start production in August!

I appreciate your help! :D

RetroAlex

Had a couple more questions you 07 Shelby GT vets could help me with.....Again I just received my white automatic this past Saturday. :D Please excuse if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

1. Although the car comes with the FR Power Upgrade and Handling Packs, I also wanted to install the FR Drag Pack. The Drag Pack appears to duplicate the 90 mm Cold Air Kit, Performance Oil Filter & Pro-Cal Tool that the car already has with the FR Power Upgrade. All the car really needs is the shorty headers, Gear Installation Kit and 3.73 R&P Assembly. So do I save the rest til needed? Also, do I order the D.Pack through one of the suppliers shown at the Ford Racing website or can I order it directly from a Ford Dealer? I'm assuming the dealer will install it, but will it be under warranty (first) and will it's installation affect the car's main warranty (second). I also read somewhere that the speedometer may also have to be re-calibrated afterwards? Lastly, is it worth the $1300.00 to purchase it then $? to install?

2. In less than a week I've put a couple rubs on the plastic under the front bumper even though Ive avoided wheel stops like the plague! I almost have to stop at railroad crossings. I mean there's not much room under the car.....Could use some of your ideas on avoiding front rubs. Thanks!

Lastly, does anybody really think the car will reach 6000 in total? At the rate they are showing up they'll still be delivering 07's when the 08's start production in August!

I appreciate your help! :D

RetroAlex

Your correct, the headers and ring and pinion are all you need. That's all you should get and save the rest for other mods.

As far as tips: approaching any questionalble grade involving clearance I approach them on an angle. It helps.

On the last question, don't really know. I've been tracking new arrivals or listings on E-bay and they were in 3500 last week. That's what's listed, only SAI would know on the progress. There are threads that show the parking lots at SAI that are full of White and Black GT's waiting, completed and completed and waiting for additional modifications on the grounds.

Enjoy your ride Retro! Hope this helps a little.

Archived