TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbyperformanceparts.com

lonnyreed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good question....do the new hood pin bases have the same screw pattern as the originals? The sight does not say if they are direct replacements. I guess we will know soon enough, it depends on who is going to bite first. I'm up for trying.

Let's hope someone was forward thinking and specified the same bolt pattern. Would be a shame to throw up a sales obstical to 5000 of your customers that might find this item attractive.

I saw them at Tulsa, and they are direct replacements for the OEM pins... Made out of stainless steel and much more "durable" than the originals... They also have some black anodized ones (prototype for now) and also had ones with the word SHELBY etched in them... Didn't have time to take pics, but they do look like a much better solution... Not only are they adjustable, so they can fit better... The base has a rounded edge where the pin itself actually "rides" instead of just "hanging" there... I'm sure they will be on my Christmas list here shortly...

Didn't get to see them on an actual car, as everything they had was still in the package... However, they probably aren't going to be anymore noticable than the "screw-down" type from the late 60's SHELBYS... Just different than what it looks like now... And I wouldn't be surprised if they actually made their way onto the hood of the production SuperSnake... Pure speculation on my part, but they would look perfect on the SS Hood... Still be the "correct" type to match the 1967 Shelby with a pin and lanyard, but a lot nicer appearance...

Has anyone tried ordering yet? They take a long time to process orders. My order 3 days ago is still unapproved *Sighs*

Same here. I ordered the day the site went online. How do you get a status on your order? I emailed Shelby yesterday, but no response.

Last I recall the hang up on ther lower lights was them having a wiring kit made up in volume. I think they were making them up as needed. Hopefully yhey willbe out soon. Im not going to bug them as everytime they have to come on here and answer questions it takes them away from what they actually do at SAI.

I ordered stuff yesterday and my CC is still not charged, and no response to my emails. This is not comforting. If I'd known it would take this long I would have ordered my part from another vendor.

I talked with Keith on Monday since I actually placed an order before you guys ;) and he said there were numerous boxes received from SAI he had to go through. He indicated there would be a delay of a few days while they got organized. After all, Monday the 18th was the official kick off day.

No need to unpack the boxes. Just call UPS and have it all sent to me. My credit card # is..........

Oh....sorry, daydreaming again! LOL

Seriously, have you guys checked out the new shock tower brace? Can't wait for Fall now. Freakin' thing is awesome. Only thing is that it might be a little difficult to get the dip stick out the side (compared to the FRPP unit we have on the SGTs). It might not fit over the FRPP blower either. For those that have the Paxton, no problem.

I ordered stuff yesterday and my CC is still not charged, and no response to my emails. This is not comforting. If I'd known it would take this long I would have ordered my part from another vendor.

I was waiting to see how well it worked for others before I tried it...think I'll wait longer!!

Seriously, have you guys checked out the new shock tower brace? Can't wait for Fall now. Freakin' thing is awesome. Only thing is that it might be a little difficult to get the dip stick out the side (compared to the FRPP unit we have on the SGTs). It might not fit over the FRPP blower either. For those that have the Paxton, no problem.

That is a very slick piece. I really want to add that then I looked at the price..........but I could sell the Ford Racing brace.....thinking out loud here..........oh what the heck......just add it. Here is a shot of my wife when I tell her the final total :blink:

I talked to Keith today. They are putting together a NEW brake duct and fog light kit. Scott Drake Enterprises did not care for the current set up that they are using on the SGT at the Las Vegas factory. He said hopefully they would have a mock-up in 2 weeks.

I talked to Keith today. They are putting together a NEW brake duct and fog light kit. Scott Drake Enterprises did not care for the current set up that they are using on the SGT at the Las Vegas factory. He said hopefully they would have a mock-up in 2 weeks.

Don't make me repeat myself again!

Don't make me repeat myself again!

Say again? :lol:

+1 for low profile caps!

And that is great news on a potential new kit. Hopefully they don't re-design the lower grill as mine is already installed.

You guys that had SAI install your duct/light kits may have an increased value point as they might be more desirable of a collectable later down the road. Just thinking....

I like both of these. ;)

Whoa! What's up with the Cobra! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

All we hear from SAI, and me, is this is NOT a Cobra, then they go and put one of them on the SGT hat!!!!! Who the heck is in charge of branding! Ugh! A simple "Shelby GT" would have been nice.

COBRA? JUST SAY NO!

Whoa! What's up with the Cobra! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

All we hear from SAI, and me, is this is NOT a Cobra, then they go and put one of them on the SGT hat!!!!! Who the heck is in charge of branding! Ugh! A simple "Shelby GT" would have been nice.

COBRA? JUST SAY NO!

MattC - All Shelby Mustangs are Shelby Cobra Mustangs. They have always been noted as that and will continue to be noted as that. Now come on, when in Rome do as the Romans do, if you can't beat 'em join 'em, and you have to say that is not a bad thing! Now just say it slow....C....O....B...R....A. There you are now officially a Cobra man. :P :P :lol::lol:

MattC - All Shelby Mustangs are Shelby Cobra Mustangs. They have always been noted as that and will continue to be noted as that. Now come on, when in Rome do as the Romans do, if you can't beat 'em join 'em, and you have to say that is not a bad thing! Now just say it slow....C....O....B...R....A. There you are now officially a Cobra man. :P :P :lol::lol:

Cool! I have a Cobra! :D

I guess you could look at it as Being one vehicle in the Shelby Cobra Line of vehicles by SAI?

If thats the case, I want a Cobra on my car!

Same here. I ordered the day the site went online. How do you get a status on your order? I emailed Shelby yesterday, but no response.

I received a call today from Keith at Shelby informing me that may parts are shipping today! :D

Archived