TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "Mods and Accessories"

Jer

So I've gotten most of the stuff I wanted for my Shelby GT, and made it feel like home. Here are my mini "user reviews", and some pix...

Shelby Floormats and Trunkmat:

From Shelby, of course.

Pricey, and not-too-subtle... kinda like the car itself. ;) I love 'em.

Shelby_3078.JPG Shelby_18124.JPG

3/4 Window Louvers:

Had to have these, my neighbor when I was a kid had an old Shelby with louvers, and I dreamt of owning one someday. So it was sentimental... I had to buy "real" ones, some had decals for the "holes", and I wanted to give up as little visibility as possible. These are sold pre-painted in Ford color codes for just under $200, and attach with 3M adhesive. From Apex Motorsports. Their shipping department made for a P.I.T.A. transaction, but the product itself is cool. Important note: get them applied perfectly the first time, it is NOT POSSIBLE to adjust their position once the adhesive touches. You've been warned.

Shelby_2B120.JPG Shelby_17D957.JPG Shelby_3078.JPG

More in the next post...

Jer

So I've gotten most of the stuff I wanted for my Shelby GT, and made it feel like home. Here are my mini "user reviews", and some pix...

From Shelby, of course.

Shelby_3078.JPG Shelby_18124.JPG

3/4 Window Louvers:

Had to have these, my neighbor when I was a kid had an old Shelby with louvers, and I dreamt of owning one someday. So it was sentimental... I had to buy "real" ones, some had decals for the "holes", and I wanted to give up as little visibility as possible. These are sold pre-painted in Ford color codes for just under $200, and attach with 3M adhesive. From Apex Motorsports. Their shipping department made for a P.I.T.A. transaction, but the product itself is cool. Important note: get them applied perfectly the first time, it is NOT POSSIBLE to adjust their position once the adhesive touches. You've been warned.

Shelby_2B120.JPG Shelby_17D957.JPG Shelby_3078.JPG

More in the next post...

Jer

Like the mod's Jer. What's next?

See my sig! B)

Seriously, though, one reason I wanted the Shelby GT is that it is esentially already "pre-modded" with everything (and more) over a Mustang GT that I would have wanted to do and probably would have never accomplished. Anything else would be a real bonus!

I intend to keep the car all-original, i.e., as it was a the time of purchase.

From Shelby, of course.

post-2982-1143661349_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143661745_thumb.jpg

3/4 Window Louvers:

post-2982-1143662789_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143662809_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143662849_thumb.jpg

More in the next post...

Jer

Jer - I bought a second set of floor mats because I did not want the orginals to wear out. They are excellet but the carpeting does not match 100%. My question: Does the carpeting match the floor mats 100%?

And does it come with rear mats in the set? I know the rear seats in these are like an oxymoron but I actually use them. My 2 sons ride with me alot so one sits in the back. Would be nice to keep the <bleep> carpet clean.

And does it come with rear mats in the set? I know the rear seats in these are like an oxymoron but I actually use them. My 2 sons ride with me alot so one sits in the back. Would be nice to keep the <bleep> carpet clean.

Nope, no rear mats.

But, at least you don't see them, so they wouldn't need to be fancy... you could put plain mats back there, and get the protection all the same. :)

Jer

See my sig! B)

Seriously, though, one reason I wanted the Shelby GT is that it is esentially already "pre-modded" with everything (and more) over a Mustang GT that I would have wanted to do and probably would have never accomplished. Anything else would be a real bonus!

I intend to keep the car all-original, i.e., as it was a the time of purchase.

That's cool. I agree, in that I won't mod anything that's not easily reversible.

I, too, wanted the mechanical mods done in advance, and covered by warranty.

But I have a nice spot in my closet with the original unused Shelby mats still in the plastic, the original radio antenna, etc. If anything, the "mods" I'm doing are even MORE "preservationist"! ;)

Even when I did the iPod kit, I chose NOT to go the "drilled hole in console" route. And I didn't buy the flush-mount louvers that required glass removal.

I'm such a chicken.

Jer

Like the mod's Jer. What's next?

Silly little things, but I had to have 'em:

Cellphone Holder

I always use the guys at ProClip for these. No modification neccessary, you can order them to fit almost any device, and it works well.

www.proclipusa.com

Ford TripTunes Advanced

Very very cool. I love my iPod, and I love having full control over it from the head unit. I've already posted about this at length elsewhere, but suffice to say I LIKE IT.

Valentine One

The only radar detector that works, IMHO. This wasn't bought FOR this car - I've actually had it for YEARS now, but I figured a group of Shelby owners would care to know. It's amazing.

www.valentineone.com

My next "mod" will be new 6X8 speakers. The factory models sound to me like they're made of solid brass... :blink:

Jer

Jer - I bought a second set of floor mats because I did not want the orginals to wear out. They are excellet but the carpeting does not match 100%. My question: Does the carpeting match the floor mats 100%?

I'm pretty picky about that... so I'd have to say no. Also, the size is not very "custom fit" to our cars. Not bad, I'd buy them again, but I like mats that cover EVERY inch my feet might drag crud onto. They're obviously made to please owners of many different model Shelby autos. :mellow:

Jer

Silly little things, but I had to have 'em:

Cellphone Holder

I always use the guys at ProClip for these. No modification neccessary, you can order them to fit almost any device, and it works well.

www.proclipusa.com

Ford TripTunes Advanced

Very very cool. I love my iPod, and I love having full control over it from the head unit. I've already posted about this at length elsewhere, but suffice to say I LIKE IT.

Valentine One

The only radar detector that works, IMHO. This wasn't bought FOR this car - I've actually had it for YEARS now, but I figured a group of Shelby owners would care to know. It's amazing.

www.valentineone.com

My next "mod" will be new 6X8 speakers. The factory models sound to me like they're made of solid brass... :blink:

Jer

Jer,

Good selection

I like my I pod also! Just gotta have it.

Radar.....your right gotta have it.

Not sure on the speakers but I will probably do the same.

Nice......

Jer,

Good selection

I like my I pod also! Just gotta have it.

Radar.....your right gotta have it.

Not sure on the speakers but I will probably do the same.

Nice......

Jer,

Did you buy the Trip Tunes from Ford? That sounds interesting. I am currently using a cable from the outlet in the glove box for mine, but the only thing I can control is the volume on the radio. How much was this thing?

Thanks,

Sue

Jer,

Did you buy the Trip Tunes from Ford? That sounds interesting. I am currently using a cable from the outlet in the glove box for mine, but the only thing I can control is the volume on the radio. How much was this thing?

Thanks,

Sue

Yes... I got it from a place I wouldn't recommend, though.

The first one that I received had been opened and repacked, and even had the guy's screwdriver and a bunch of broken zip ties in the box.

Considering I planned a few precious days off to install it and had those plans ruined, I was not happy.

But lots of places sell it, it's between $250-$300 for the TripTunes Advenced and the special harness that's required. Most dealers will sell it as a package. Plus, if you have Sirius, it's compatible, it shows up as a replacement for the 1st SAT preset, SAT2 and 3 are still available, plus: you still retain the Line In. Very cool.

Jer

Jer

Those are great mods to your car... Is there a place where we can get more info on Trip Tunes as I'm riding the fence on that one, too.

Gary

I posted more (including pix) in this thread:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1469&hl=

Also, note that TripTunes is not the same as TripTunes Advanced. The original TripTunes is (I think) just the 1/8" Audio In. No iPod control, etc... Also note that your car needs to be manufactured after 12/4/06. Check the doorjamb for the manufacture date.

Jer

From Shelby, of course.

post-2982-1143661349_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143661745_thumb.jpg

3/4 Window Louvers:

post-2982-1143662789_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143662809_thumb.jpg post-2982-1143662849_thumb.jpg

More in the next post...

Jer

Here are the mods that I am planning:

1. SUPERCHARGER (POLISHED) with new GT/SC side stripe

2. SHELBY BRAKE SYSTEM

3. FRONT &REAR BRAKE DUCTS

4. Billet Fluid Caps completed

5. Lower Grill with driving lights completed, but no driving lights, yet

6. 1/4 window louvers street scene completed

7. GT500 spoiler

8. Shift boot trim completed

9. Fuse box cover completed

10. Map light accent completed

11.Two tone seats in real leather...not sure of the color combo yet

12. 3M front mask/bra

What do you think?

I am getting pricing and lead times to have Shelby complete the rest of my mods. I am budgeting $10K-12K

My daughter lives in Henderson NV, so a visit plus I will drive from CA. and leave my car for a few weeks at SAI. OR, I may do the mods myself.

Archived