TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gun Metal Gray Razors on White SGT

slospanky

Guys, here are some pics of my new wheels. Before and after, (or really after and before)

Any of you guys that had razors installed, what have you done about the stock tire presure sensor that I guess does not come with the new wheels. Unless I missed something, I never heard anything about changing them with the new wheels. Your input would be great before I go and spend over $200. at Ford for new ones that will work with these wheels.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/slospanky/

Guys, here are some pics of my new wheels. Before and after, (or really after and before)

Any of you guys that had razors installed, what have you done about the stock tire presure sensor that I guess does not come with the new wheels. Unless I missed something, I never heard anything about changing them with the new wheels. Your input would be great before I go and spend over $200. at Ford for new ones that will work with these wheels.

Spanky, do a search, it was mentioned several times. Something about making sure you replace them from the exact tire (ie, original front left sensor stays on the front left new wheel). There were part numbers referenced too, for if you wish to order new ones.

Oh, and your wheels look great. Love them. Getting the black ones for my black SGT.

Thanks aodwyer, I do not look at the forum very much, and thought I could cut some corners by asking. Big help, thanks. Ford told me they could just deactivate the sensor and the light would go off, I went there today, and they plugged her in, but no luck, it would not come up as an option on there computer. I am ok with going that way if I could get that done. I had them on my BMW and by the time the sensor went off, the tire was flat and I knew it anyway.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be short with my original response. I wanted to say that a search would get you much more than I could provide.

I recalled some of the posts because I had originally ordered polished stock SGT wheels for my black SGT because I didn't like the black on black at first (now I love it). I had also ordered the sensors and brackets. There were several different posts with quite a bit of detailed information. And, I think there was something that suggested that you might be much better off with the sensors on and working rather than off.

Well, again, the wheels look great. Enjoy your car. I can't wait to get mine.

They do look super! I love the gun metal against the stripe. It's a perfect match.

I knew that sensors are required with the 20'S and was looking at purchasing a set of generics through Tire Rack. I have to research a little more.

......guys, what the tire guys did at a custom wheel shop for my car was: They dismounted the tires from the stock wheels, then cut the band and remove the tire sensors. Then they cut a new piece of banding material from a large roll for each wheel. They took the new banding material and attached the stock sensors on to my 20" wheels. It did not look like they paid attention to which wheel the sensors had come from and unless I missed it in the manual the warning light doesn't tell you which specific tire is going flat it only tells you that a tire is flat.

I had my tires mounted and installed at a custom wheel store. They deal with larger than stock and high end vehicles every day. I have not had any problems and have every confidence in them.

Did you lower your car in the back or is that how they look with 20's? They look very good and I am now thinking 20" Black Razors on my car.

I did install the side window scoops and a rear GT500 spoiler and it looks incredible, even though they are just a design element and not functional, it just makes the car flow extremely nice. I'll post pictures as soon as the striping goes on the spoiler.

Archived