TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I-POD for our SGT

RogerS

I am not sure if there is a current hook up for and I-pod. Anyone out there have their's hooked up? If so what is needed. I have 500 songs on mine and will really never utilize the CD or radio.

Is is just a simple cord from the I-pod with an input jack? Or is there more to it?

I am not sure if there is a current hook up for and I-pod. Anyone out there have their's hooked up? If so what is needed. I have 500 songs on mine and will really never utilize the CD or radio.

Is is just a simple cord from the I-pod with an input jack? Or is there more to it?

I'm assuming you're just wanting to use the standard mini-plug to mini-plug? The plug in is located in the armrest beside another 12v power outlet.

Nice. Do you have any control through the radio of the I-Pod functions?

No...but Ford was supposed to add this with the Sync systems in 08' but I don't see any mention of them. In the meantime you can buy an ad on to that will control the iPod but you won't be able to see what the song is on the console itself:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickdock/

Real shame as I have the BIG navigation screen and would love to see it on screen.

No...but Ford was supposed to add this with the Sync systems in 08' but I don't see any mention of them. In the meantime you can buy an ad on to that will control the iPod but you won't be able to see what the song is on the console itself:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickdock/

Real shame as I have the BIG navigation screen and would love to see it on screen.

Thanks Matt. I'm going to look into this a little more. ;)

You do have control over the sound but thats about it unless you buy the iPod adapter from Ford. I think it is about $250.00 and you can find it in the Mustang accessory catalog on their web site.

There are two parts. The TripTunes Advanced, part #7R3Z-19A464-A, $250.00, and the TripTunes Advanced wiring harness,part # 7R3Z-14A411-AC, $50.00. They are not compatible with the navigation radio but do offer on screen control of iPods for the regular Ford radios.

The web site states that these items are for vehicles built on or after 12/04/06.

Thanks for the info. While you were typing, I was surfing. :): Think I found what I am looking for. This utilizes the display on the radio with many functions through the stock head unit.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdo4pods.html

Here is another

http://www.pie.net/pie_store/shopexd.asp?id=214&bc=no

The logjam wouldn't work for me since I use the sat radio but the one from pie might, if it doesn't interfere with the sat. Pie does have one that will work with my Silverado. I have been looking for a year with no luck and you inadvertantly found one for me. Thanks.

The logjam wouldn't work for me since I use the sat radio but the one from pie might, if it doesn't interfere with the sat. Pie does have one that will work with my Silverado. I have been looking for a year with no luck and you inadvertantly found one for me. Thanks.

I did not get the sat radio. Don't know if I'll be OK with the logjam.

Glad I could help :lol:

Thanks.

Ross..I use that cable that autoplay just posted..and it works great. Like he said....you can only control the volume...but I just put the ipod in the cup holder and use it if I need to. Just keep in mind...it does not charge the ipod either.

Otherwise..the sound quality is great.

Ross..I use that cable that autoplay just posted..and it works great. Like he said....you can only control the volume...but I just put the ipod in the cup holder and use it if I need to. Just keep in mind...it does not charge the ipod either.

Otherwise..the sound quality is great.

Thanks for the info. I really would like to control from the head and charge. I guess I want my cake and eat a big bite too! :lol:

I probably won't see the my car until late August anyway. :(

I just finished installing Ford's new TripTunes Advanced.

It's SLICK.

The playback level is a bit low, I need to find out whether or not there is a way to adjust that (I've tried the iPod volume, the obvious, to no avail), but otherwise, badass. I tried a bunch of aftermarket stuff in my previous car (Mazda RX8), and this is WAY more integrated. The harness and kit make it a factory-quality install. No soldering, no splicing, it's MADE for the car, and works great, no hiccups in operation. Here are the photos, you can see the iPod menus are ALL open to navigation, not just Playlists, like some other "solutions". It charges the iPod. It pauses when the car is shut off, and resumes right where you left off when you start the car again. When you switch to SAT1, it detects the TripTunes Advanced module, and the display changes to "IPOD MODE". It even loads the Ford logo onto your iPod screen (Yeah, I'm a geek for little details!). The buttons on the factory head unit emulate all the iPod click wheel functions, and the text display on the HU gives you all the pertinent info. You are expected to drill a hole for the iPod grommet to fit into the console, but I just ran it through the e-brake adjustment panel.

I was gonna take pictures of the installation procedure, but the PDF document from Ford is actually amazingly complete and accurate.

Wow.

Jergt500.whitetrunk.jpg Shelby_20000.JPG Shelby_44210.JPG Shelby_17D957.JPG

It's SLICK.

The playback level is a bit low, I need to find out whether or not there is a way to adjust that (I've tried the iPod volume, the obvious, to no avail), but otherwise, badass. I tried a bunch of aftermarket stuff in my previous car (Mazda RX8), and this is WAY more integrated. The harness and kit make it a factory-quality install. No soldering, no splicing, it's MADE for the car, and works great, no hiccups in operation. Here are the photos, you can see the iPod menus are ALL open to navigation, not just Playlists, like some other "solutions". It charges the iPod. It pauses when the car is shut off, and resumes right where you left off when you start the car again. When you switch to SAT1, it detects the TripTunes Advanced module, and the display changes to "IPOD MODE". It even loads the Ford logo onto your iPod screen (Yeah, I'm a geek for little details!). The buttons on the factory head unit emulate all the iPod click wheel functions, and the text display on the HU gives you all the pertinent info. You are expected to drill a hole for the iPod grommet to fit into the console, but I just ran it through the e-brake adjustment panel.

I was gonna take pictures of the installation procedure, but the PDF document from Ford is actually amazingly complete and accurate.

Wow.

Very nice. Very clean. That's more of what I am looking for. Please keep me informed of the volume situation. A little concerned with that. Thanks again. Good details in your above post also. :)

It's SLICK.

Wow.

One question. Does it only work on Sat1? I have Sirius hooked up and do not want to lose that. Do you have it hooked up? And if you do, how do the two work together?

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Very clean. That's more of what I am looking for. Please keep me informed of the volume situation. A little concerned with that. Thanks again. Good details in your above post also. :)

No news on the volume difference.

It's nothing fatal, it's just lower than the other settings. You can still get the system loud enough before the HU maxes out, and it doesn't hurt the signal/noise ratio... I just fear I'm gonna forget, and switch to CD suddenly... and crash the car when it blares out at 140 dB!

One question. Does it only work on Sat1? I have Sirius hooked up and do not want to lose that. Do you have it hooked up? And if you do, how do the two work together?

It's compatible with Sirius, no problems.

You have four choices:

SAT 1: It changes a second or so after selecting it, and displays "iPod Mode".

SAT 2: Available as Sirius Preset

SAT 3: Available as Sirius Preset

LINE IN: Still available as LINE IN.

Very cool.

Jer

The only way I have found to get the volume increase is to add a PIE adapter to the factory harness. The adapter has an adjustable input pot to equalize the input to your other sources (i.e. CD, FM, etc.).

It should work connected between TripTunes audio wiring and head unit, but would need to be verified. I have one installed, but no TripTunes yet. Just a thought.

Archived