TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you see your car?

.... :angry: OK, took me a second to figure out you are a funny guy.......why aren't you driving your car? :P

LOL...already did! Took it out this early AM and drove for about an hour. 423 mi on it in 4 days...I think I need to back off a bit. :blink:

BTW: Mr. Mods, you're one to talk! ;)

Matt,

Is that the entire facility? I had no idea the campus was that large in scale! :o

BTW.....don't back off at all! They are made to drive!! You enjoy it.....run the wheels off it! :)

If I remember correctly, facility itself is about 300,000 sq.ft. It's actually across the road from the storage lot where all the cars are located.

I was amazed at the amount of cars there - Mustangs as far as the eye can see. If I didn't know they were being converted to Shelby's it would really be a huge eyesore! :lol:

(Sorry, that's the Chevy man still trying to come out of me) ;)

You guys are funny.

Hey Berg, thanks for finding these pics and posting them. When I was there a few weeks ago, it felt like there were a lot more cars there than shown here. They must have cranked out quite a few cars since then, which is yet another reason why we hadn't heard from them for a while.

Has anyone noticed that it looks like there are roughly 50% black cars and 50% white. I had also noticed this a few weeks ago when I was reviewing the January SAI pics too.

Hey look, I think I see a few blue 08 SGT's - just kidding. Actually, to be more serious, if you do look at the big parking lots, in particular the one with what looks like a real lot of black cars, you'll see to the upper left a few cars together that look more colorful (orange and red), these cars are GT500's. My guess is that they are there fpr 40th, KR or SS. Again, just my guess. I saw a bunch of them there but forgot to ask about them when I went inside. Also, if you look and see about 40 cars to the far right, those were the 08 Hertz verts (if I recall).

Matt, cool annotation. I like the way you've laid it out and wish that it were really all of their facilities.

No need to make changes to your annotations, but I thought I'd give you a few edits:

1) The paint shop is really the HQ, Museum, Cobra factory and SGT/Hertz factory.

2) The SGT shop is really the mod shop

3) The 40th shop is really the stripe shop

4) The gen'l office or R&D is really Finish Line Motorsports (Shelby Auth Dealer) and other companies

I know of these buildings from driving around when I was there, and of course, the factory tour.

You guys are funny.

Matt, cool annotation. I like the way you've laid it out and wish that it were really all of their facilities.

No need to make changes to your annotations, but I thought I'd give you a few edits:

1) The paint shop is really the HQ, Museum, Cobra factory and SGT/Hertz factory.

2) The SGT shop is really the mod shop

3) The 40th shop is really the stripe shop

4) The gen'l office or R&D is really Finish Line Motorsports (Shelby Auth Dealer) and other companies

I know of these buildings from driving around when I was there, and of course, the factory tour.

Well...I guess I should have made my pic a little more unbelievable..sometimes my humor is too subtle I think.

Thanks for the real annotations and it's actually then MUCH larger than I thought! I thought hey only had one or two buildings. Cool!

LOL...already did! Took it out this early AM and drove for about an hour. 423 mi on it in 4 days...I think I need to back off a bit. :blink:

BTW: Mr. Mods, you're one to talk! ;)

....I'm stuck 3000 miles away from my car....at least until tonight...I'll be on the road first thing tomorrow morning.

Well...I guess I should have made my pic a little more unbelievable..sometimes my humor is too subtle I think.

.....I got your humor. I had almost posted corrections too and then it dawned on me...Matt is a funny guy. :P

I have annotated the picture...but I'm confused...there don't seem to be any cars awaiting mods?

:huh:

You had me going too Matt. LOL I wish SAI could tell us what are the groups of cars. It does give us a perspective of the challenge of the amount of work that is flowing through a small shop. To think that each one of these cars has a story, someone waiting and checking the vin tracker 42+ times a day...wondering why can't they just finish my car. Well, unless your car is on the leading edge of that large block of cars...it still may be awhile. It also tells why SAI thinks they will produce 6000 2007 SGT....they have produced over 3000 and still have a few more to go!

It's a beautiful sight...never again will we see so many SGT's in one site again. Any guesses on how many are in these pictures? It's like counting jelly beans!

Archived