TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ARRIVED JUNE 6

tim41

Hi all, it finally came june 6. I don't know where to start, emotions are still a little high! John,Amy,Bud and the SAI crew, this car is awesome!!!! It is so much more then I expected!!! Great Job.

We pick it up about 5:30 Wednesday, 4 months to the day from when I ordered it. They were just finishing detailing it when we pulled into the lot. My saleman met me at the car and ask me what I thought? I think I had a smile from ear to ear, and I told him this is a cool car. Everyone there said they liked this more then the GT500, I must agree. We finished our paper work took some pictures and my wife and I took it for a spin around town before we headed home.

This car really gets up through the gears, before you know it it was at 65 in 3rd gear, and still was pulling. Looking over the scoop was cool and the hurst shifter, what can't you say about that, I think it puts you back in time of 60's and early 70's retro thing I guess. That white ball on top of the shifter is something else, the sound of the exhaust , you will just have to hear it for yourself, Anyway I put about 50 miles on it that nite,and have not been able to get it out since :angry: , sunday we plan on taking it for a cruise.

I didn't see any issues at all(strip bubbles, scoop not fitting or rattles). So far it has been a blast to drive :)

Gotta go, have to work in the morning, will post more when I can. You guys on this forum have been great! I been reading since I started checking the vin tracker. I have learned alot of good info from eveyone, and I don't think this experience would have been as great without you guys to keep me laughing, and my sanity in check(what sanity). Post more when I can, work is going to be brutal for the next month!

For everyone that is still waiting, hang in there because the end result is so sweeeeeeeeeet!! You will not want to miss it!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE

Tim

Hi all, it finally came june 6. I don't know where to start, emotions are still a little high! John,Amy,Bud and the SAI crew, this car is awesome!!!! It is so much more then I expected!!! Great Job.

We pick it up about 5:30 Wednesday, 4 months to the day from when I ordered it. They were just finishing detailing it when we pulled into the lot. My saleman met me at the car and ask me what I thought? I think I had a smile from ear to ear, and I told him this is a cool car. Everyone there said they liked this more then the GT500, I must agree. We finished our paper work took some pictures and my wife and I took it for a spin around town before we headed home.

This car really gets up through the gears, before you know it it was at 65 in 3rd gear, and still was pulling. Looking over the scoop was cool and the hurst shifter, what can't you say about that, I think it puts you back in time of 60's and early 70's retro thing I guess. That white ball on top of the shifter is something else, the sound of the exhaust , you will just have to hear it for yourself, Anyway I put about 50 miles on it that nite,and have not been able to get it out since :angry: , sunday we plan on taking it for a cruise.

I didn't see any issues at all(strip bubbles, scoop not fitting or rattles). So far it has been a blast to drive :)

Gotta go, have to work in the morning, will post more when I can. You guys on this forum have been great! I been reading since I started checking the vin tracker. I have learned alot of good info from eveyone, and I don't think this experience would have been as great without you guys to keep me laughing, and my sanity in check(what sanity). Post more when I can, work is going to be brutal for the next month!

For everyone that is still waiting, hang in there because the end result is so sweeeeeeeeeet!! You will not want to miss it!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE

Tim

That smile is infectous! Congrats Tim, enjoy the car, post pictures in the shelby experience site so everyone else can smile too!!!!

Amy

June 9 I picked mine up after 139 days of psds...I can assure you it was worth it...Intial quality check perfect...first drive 20 miles..totally awesome..sounds, speed, handling....feeling..whew...quite a rush...thank you John Amy and others...now I know I will never get rid of it and that is only after 20 miles!!!!!!!!...Pains me to go to alaska this week with clients...could be driving but my "babe" #2903 is where I want her...in my garage...More to come when return. Steve

June 9 I picked mine up after 139 days of psds...I can assure you it was worth it...Intial quality check perfect...first drive 20 miles..totally awesome..sounds, speed, handling....feeling..whew...quite a rush...thank you John Amy and others...now I know I will never get rid of it and that is only after 20 miles!!!!!!!!...Pains me to go to alaska this week with clients...could be driving but my "babe" #2903 is where I want her...in my garage...More to come when return. Steve

Steve-if you want to drop her off here, I'll keep the seat warm for ya!!! ;)

Congrats to you guys on your new arrivals-still patiently waiting here-keep us posted!!!

Got to drive the car sunday for awhile, what a cool feeling when everyone stares at you when you drive by :) It was always me that was doing the staring, but not now. Thanks you ford and shelby for that. The car is awesome, the more I drive it the more I like it. B) Everyone hang in there its worth the wait. :)

Archived