TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zaino on a white SGT

The Sheriff

I will be getting my SGT either Saturday or Monday. It is white. I wonder if it is worth it to use Zaino on a white car. Would I see as big a difference as you would on a black car? I currently use McGuire products and am happy with the ease of use. I like a sharp looking clean car but I'm not a fanatic.

I will be getting my SGT either Saturday or Monday. It is white. I wonder if it is worth it to use Zaino on a white car. Would I see as big a difference as you would on a black car? I currently use McGuire products and am happy with the ease of use. I like a sharp looking clean car but I'm not a fanatic.

i wondered the same thing...who wants to be our guinea pig? :unsure:

My Son did my car here are some pics, I'll let you be the Judge...

20070219image0001nw3.jpg

20070219image0002wp9.jpg

20070219image0003up2.jpg

20070219image0004va7.jpg

20070219image0005jb9.jpg

20070219image0006oa5.jpg

20070528image0001sd6.jpg

He did the following to my car...

Pre-wash with Dawn regular dish soap (It won't hurt to use it once)

He dried it with the leaf blower

Zaino claybar

Wash again with Zaino car wash

leaf blower treatment again

1 coat of Z-5

1 coat of Z-8 Grand finale spray

1 coat of Z-2

1 coat of Z-8 again

1 coat of Z-2 again

1 coat of Z-8 yes again

My son said the more coats the better, And from seeing it in person I am not going to argue. My kid details the neighbors C6 Z06 and another neighbors SL 65 AMG, So I guess he's doing something right.

This is what my son drives and it gets the same Zaino treatment...

20070507image0002ss3.jpg

Awesome job to your son JS! Mine will be Zaino'd this weekend. Yes it is worth it. I have heard great things about Meg's as well at TMS. Alot of guys swear by them as well. I have used Zaino and it is easy to use. Seems alot like Meg's application wise.

My Son did my car here are some pics, I'll let you be the Judge...

20070219image0001nw3.jpg

20070219image0002wp9.jpg

20070219image0003up2.jpg

20070219image0004va7.jpg

20070219image0005jb9.jpg

20070219image0006oa5.jpg

20070528image0001sd6.jpg

He did the following to my car...

Pre-wash with Dawn regular dish soap (It won't hurt to use it once)

He dried it with the leaf blower

Zaino claybar

Wash again with Zaino car wash

leaf blower treatment again

1 coat of Z-5

1 coat of Z-8 Grand finale spray

1 coat of Z-2

1 coat of Z-8 again

1 coat of Z-2 again

1 coat of Z-8 yes again

My son said the more coats the better, And from seeing it in person I am not going to argue. My kid details the neighbors C6 Z06 and another neighbors SL 65 AMG, So I guess he's doing something right.

This is what my son drives and it gets the same Zaino treatment...

20070507image0002ss3.jpg

The cars all look gorgous............He's Hired!

I didn't claybar or wax the stripes, I got as close a possible but I made sure to not take the clay over top the stripes, your best bet is to use 3M painters tape over the stripes that way you can do all the paint on the car. I didn't wax the stripes either, I just used a microfiber rag with Zaino Z-8 on the stripes, and they turned out very nice. 3M painters tape will not leave any sticky residue.

Jewish Santa's son

Just to cover my butt...

I am not responsible for any damages that might occur to a vehicle for following my instructions on how I clean cars.

Update: I did the Zaino treatment on my white SGT yesterday. I did the stripes with both claybar and polish. It didnt hurth them at all. I wash just very careful and didnt press down very hard with the claybar. Just make sure you keep the clay lubricated as is instructed. I only got 1 coat of Z5 on. It took me aboout 4 hours to wash with dawn, claybar, wash with Zaino wash, and put on 1 coat of Z5. My youngest son was helping too. Anyway I got done about 4:15 and was so excited and tired that I forgot to take pics and just cleaned myself up and jumped in her and went for a spin. I will be washing and applying another coat either tonight or tomorrow and will post pics. It has a fair amount of pollen on it right now so I need to wash again or Id take pics now. The metallic iin the stripes really came out with the Z5 on it though :)

I didn't claybar or wax the stripes, I got as close a possible but I made sure to not take the clay over top the stripes, your best bet is to use 3M painters tape over the stripes that way you can do all the paint on the car. I didn't wax the stripes either, I just used a microfiber rag with Zaino Z-8 on the stripes, and they turned out very nice. 3M painters tape will not leave any sticky residue.

Jewish Santa's son

Just to cover my butt...

I am not responsible for any damages that might occur to a vehicle for following my instructions on how I clean cars.

Jewishsanta- You must a a freekin attorney, I don't think anyone would sue you over how to wax their cars. Wow what a disclaimer! Good thinking i guess. B)

Well my son practically owns his own business (detailing cars) and I guess he is just being careful and I really can't blame him, he works hard for the things he has and he doesn't want to lose anything.

webba, The more coats you add the better your car will look!

Z-5 is ment to get the fine scratches out, wait until you put 2 coats of Z-2 on you car. Just make sure you use Z-8 or Z-6 in between coats.

Archived