TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grille in SGT

jbfabricator

Well, I finally got time to put the grille back in after I made the new bracket.

The photos are in the Gallery. I guess I screwed up when I named the Album.

The photos are sgt2, sgt6 and sgt5. They are the last ones in the gallery.

Hope you enjoy!

That grill looks great !!

I sure would like to see some pictures of the hood with those letters on there. Very interesting.

The driving lights are 4" lamps. They fit better in the opening. Those are not faux inserts, those are brake ducts. I made the covers that go over the ducts. I am going to add some more photos in the gallery later. Too much to do right now.

I am removing photo, will post it in gallery soon.

The driving lights are 4" lamps. They fit better in the opening. Those are not faux inserts, those are brake ducts. I made the covers that go over the ducts. I am going to add some more photos in the gallery later. Too much to do right now.

Did you just mount the lights to the underside of the bumper in the steel support?

I love the grille modifications as it relates to the grille itself. Great work.

The lower grille is way too busy for me. That's just me though.

I think that lower grill with the lights and ducts is an excellent set up. It makes the front end seem as one now. Again excellent job.

I love the quality of the workmanship,from what I can see in the pics. IMO,the driving lights are too big,and the ducts,stand out too much,as far as the color of em,compared to the black fascia.

It's neat to see people modding the Shelby!

It is hard to please everyone. I did not like the small lights stuffed in with the brake ducts. I even thought about square lights. You could paint the brake duct covers black. Interesting thought.....

Nahhh.

As I was waiting for my Shelby to arrive I kept a good tab on the forum for ideas and new products. That is why this forum is great. Allows all of us the share thoughts. And the guys at Shelby Auto are listening!

Don't get me wrong,I love your work/quality! I was talking to the wife yesterday,about your mods. I told her I love the oval track look of the ducts. I also told her, "I" would prefer to see/have rectangle driving lights,in that opening.

I was really hoping the Stumper,would put what he has now,behind the lower grille,to see the effect.

Keep on keepin on Fab,you do great work!

It is hard to please everyone. I did not like the small lights stuffed in with the brake ducts. I even thought about square lights. You could paint the brake duct covers black. Interesting thought.....

Nahhh.

As I was waiting for my Shelby to arrive I kept a good tab on the forum for ideas and new products. That is why this forum is great. Allows all of us the share thoughts. And the guys at Shelby Auto are listening!

What did you use for the mesh on the ducts? I was able to source the exact Z06 Corvette mesh and fabricated a lower intercooler screen, grille and brake duct screens. Stainless and polished. Looked pretty good. Ended up fabbing more for other owners. Now I would like to see the lower grille fabbed with that mesh. I think I have some extra in the sheet. I'll have to find a local SGT owner and see if they are game.

Your right the forum is a great source for ideas. Keep up the good work.

The mesh is aluminum not stainless. As for where I got it....thats a trade secret. :ph34r:

That is also the reason for variety. Some people liked the polished wheels with the black cars, some people like chrome, some like superchargers, some like big fog lamps, some like small.

Some want to set their car apart from the herd.

I have posted my grille pics in the gallery with my other photos for those interested

Nobody has any comments on my spoiler with matching stripes????? ;)

Don't get me wrong,I love your work/quality! I was talking to the wife yesterday,about your mods. I told her I love the oval track look of the ducts. I also told her, "I" would prefer to see/have rectangle driving lights,in that opening.

I was really hoping the Stumper,would put what he has now,behind the lower grille,to see the effect.

Keep on keepin on Fab,you do great work!

?? I don't follow. I posted pics of my light install.....remember? Not the actual process but of the finished product.

?? I don't follow. I posted pics of my light install.....remember? Not the actual process but of the finished product.

I was referring to the "lower" grille section,and what they would look like if behind that.

JBFabricator..."Nobody has any comments on my spoiler with matching stripes????? "

Wifey purchased a GT500 spoiler from Ford,and it still needs to be painted/mounted. Prob be a month out till completion. Yours looks killer,esp with the stripes!! :)

Archived