TEAM SHELBY FORUM

John Walker's Mission Statement

SAI-John

I again apoligize to the entire SAI team for doubting what you had told us. My wife tried to tell me they would come through on their word. She never doubted you guys for a minute. The car will be worth the wait and no doubt the coolest vehicle I have ever driven, after all it is a Shelby. You are all a great team working hard for all us, building special cars for those of us who are lucky enough to own one. It is truely an honor to be part of the Shelby family.

Sincerely, Dave

Takes a BIG man...enough said...hopefully we've all learned a thing or two! :D

No problem, I enjoy my service. Now to stand up for John and his team...

My Shelby GT was ordered 1 Dec 2006, I was one of if not the first to order the NAV system. Due to allocation or something my car was not built until March. I just received word that I am deploying for 12-14 months with a VERY good possibility of a year extension. (That's 2 years away from my wife and car for those that might be reading this stuff in a rage)

My original plan was for my wife and I to come out to LV and celebrate our 10th anniversary, our first vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon, and drive the car back. I ordered a LOT of the mod parts and there was no way it was going to be done in time. John tried but there was no way it could be done. So what did John do?

John told me to keep my plans, come on out and they would let me have my Shelby GT, minus mods, for the time I was in Vegas. WHAT A BLAST IT WAS!! We had a wonderful time and it was like gnawing my own arm off leaving it there. I am going back to driving my '96 Honda Accord that I have had for 10 years now. Believe me...it doesn't handly like the Shelby. :blink:

That alone would have won me over but John went further. I still got the museum tour, and a few extra things, in addition he gave me a list of restaurants for my wife and I to go to with directions. He also gave me his card with his personal cell number if I needed anything during my stay over the weekend. (No I will not give it to any of you. :P )

I could not be any happier with the service, kindness, and gratitude that all of the folks at Shelby showed me and my wife. Everyone thanked me for my service and now they are going to take care of my car for me while I am gone.

Amy has a EXCEPTIONAL team at SAI and I am proud to have had the honor of meeting and getting to know these people.

Brian Duckworth

MILSTANG

P.S. Socal...I signed right below your signature. Will post pics later. B)

Brian-Good luck and God Bless, thank you for the sacrifice you make each and every day so that the rest of us are allowed the freedom to dream of a Shelby and are able to sleep peacfully knowing guys like you have our backs! Godspeed soldier!

What I am about to say is not owed anyone.

I came to Shelby Automobiles in December 06.

My title is Director of Sales.

I cannot say that I have been a fan of Mustangs since birth. My dad bought a Bronco new in 80. He still has it. He also has an 85 F-150. Also driven since new.

My first car was a 57 Chevy 4 door. It's original color was Sea Foam Green with an India Ivory White top. It was re-painted all Turquoise, poorly. I have owned a 76 GMC Sierra Grande p/u, (5 tone paint), a 72 VW Beetle(not a Super Beetle), and one of my favorites was a 79 International Scout II.

I sold my 72 Camaro RS to move to Vegas to come to work at Shelby. I now own an 07 Mustang V6 vert. I will build it as a CS6 (in due time). My daily driver is a recently purchased 89 Bronco. Love ya dad.

When I talk about Mustangs, my hair stands on end. I love my cars.

As I deal with each customer, I put myself in their position. What would I want? First, the truth.

Every car that passes through my hands is special. These cars are dreams. Some are built as memorials to dad. Some are museum pieces. And too many are made as "investments".

I have one chance to do things right. One. My apologies if things are taking too long. My apologies if I did not call you back today. Every one of you is owed the special attention that you know you deserve.

This is 1967 all over again. This time, we are not letting go. We are on a HUGE learning curve. Thank you for the patience. Our sales team is FANTASTIC. Understaffed? maybe. But every one of my guys is TOP NOTCH. I wish that I had 3 clones of every one of them.

Bud, Steve, Doug....................thanks guys.-

Now, if you want your car ASAP, pull it from my ModShop. If you want a true Shelby, let me build it. I have one SGT that has been built since January. It is now sitting on my Museum floor, waiting for parts. Their concession is MINIMAL compared to their wait. You know who you are, thanks. This car will be worth the wait. This car is the VERY FIRST car that the owner contacted me and ask for mods above and beyond the "standard" SGT. Every SGT owner that comes to visit our facility knows this car. Thay may not know the owners name, but I told them at one point. Now that car will be deliverd soon. This Shelby GT will be replaced with Brian Duckworth's car. He has been called back to service in Iraq. Brian will not see his car for 12 to 14 months, maybe more. I will be working with his wife to make sure his car is well taken care of.

I want to give EVERY one of you guys this kind of treatment. Every one.

Those of you guys who doubt. Doubt. I have made promises, I will deliver.

But heed my words here. I will not listen to profanities. You will NOT call any of my team cheats, thieves or liars. I'm not asking for you guys to be nice to me. But I am demanding that you guys respect my team. This forum was created for you guys. We appreciate constructive criticism. But you will not cross the line again.

Shelby forever.-John

SAI John,

Great post ! Keep up the good work & thanks for your patience with all of us "Shelby Crazed Enthusiasts"!

I ordered my car Nov. 30th; arrived at SAI in early January and became a Shelby March 5th(thought it would be done earlier but good things come to those who wait). I've waited this long and I'm absolutely sure the wait will be worth it. So as to the "Mod Shop", to steal a few Las Vegas sayings, I'm "all in", I'm going to "let it ride" ! People waiting for mods, the wait will be worth it. I know I'll have no regrets. Rick

I have previously addressed my experience with John at SAI in Vegas the first week I had my car. I did not order my car, it was sitting on the showroom floor at Galpin Ford in California. I picked my #358 on Sunday and was in Vegas that Friday with my son and a friend of mine. We showed up at about 3:00 PM and were greeted by Steve Navarro who examined my #358 and commented that the two guys that built my car no longer worked there.

Soon after, we met John. I explained a little of my history to John, i.e. president of the Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club, previous GT350 owner, long time involvment with Shelby/Cobra autos, (too much to bother with here). And I explained that I have been to SAI many times before the Mustangs were being built, back to the Series I development.

John took us on an "insiders tour", explained the developments, showed the steps of how each team builds each car, showed us shelves of parts ready for assembly, again, too much to cover here.

It began to get late, everyone else was gone, just John, my son, my friend and I walking around SAI, John wasn't finished, he called his wife and said he would be a little late, but would be home soon. He took us into his office and looked around to see what he had to give us to take home (posters by the way).

I talked about the 60's when I lived in Venice near Shelby's and would go by and check out the cars that were built there (same as they are building now in Vegas). I talked about the ex-Shelby employees that I know that participate in the Shelby employee reunions.

John did not have to give us any type of special treatment, we were just like anyone else that can drive up and enter the Shelby showroom. John spent his time with us because that is the type of guy he is. He is the Director of Sales but he realizes the special position that he is in and the future significance it will hold.

Unless you meet John, spend some time with him, please do not judge him by negative comments in a forum.

Dave,

Well said....I also am a bit embarrassed and remorseful about some things I said in this forum when you look at the big picture. Who am I to complain about my dream car being a few weeks, months , later than promised. Especially when you read some of the issues others are dealing with who allow me that freedom.

I also have new prospective on military. I never got the opportunity to serve but my son is now at Ft. Benning boot camp in the army. He is planning to graduate the end of this month and I will be there. Then off to Sam Houston for medic training and then deployment. I am more proud of him then ever.

Steve

Archived