TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Center console

Is it just me or does anybody elses knee hurt from resting on the center console? We took a trip to Huntsville yesterday, about 50 miles, and by the time we got back home my knee was getting pretty sore. The edge of the console hits me right between my kneecap and the top of my leg bone. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Is it just me or does anybody elses knee hurt from resting on the center console? We took a trip to Huntsville yesterday, about 50 miles, and by the time we got back home my knee was getting pretty sore. The edge of the console hits me right between my kneecap and the top of my leg bone. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Have you tried lowering or raising your seat to adjust where you knee hits.

Or heck, if you're that cramped up have you tried moving the seat back a little Paul Bunyun?? :D

Have you tried lowering or raising your seat to adjust where you knee hits.

Or heck, if you're that cramped up have you tried moving the seat back a little Paul Bunyun?? :D

I'm not that tall. If I move the seat back I can't fully engage the clutch and moving it up really has no effect, I just hit the console higher up.

I'm not that tall. If I move the seat back I can't fully engage the clutch and moving it up really has no effect, I just hit the console higher up.

I noticed that my leg rests there too (I'm 6-1) but I doubt there is anything reasonable which can be done about it, other than the aforementioned seat adjustments.

After an hopur or so of driving and adjusting I finally got the seat positioned where my knee doesnt lay on the console and I can fully engage the clutch. I had to put the seat all the way down, move it back an inch or so, and raise the back up a notch.

Now if anyone screws with it I think I will strangle them. I don't want to have to repeat the process!

Wow, i thought i was the only one who's knee is killing them from this car.. my right knee is tender from mini bruises from the edge of the center console...

I finally got mine fixed where it is pretty comfortable. I like to be up on the wheel a bit so the combination of sliding the seat back and raising the back up a notch seems to be ok. I'm back a little farther but sitting more upright.

Try something like that and see if you like it.

Maybe this is what you need:

18.jpg

No, that is too far forward. What hurts me is the corner. It digs into the area between my kneecap and leg bone.

Looks like a cool idea for short folks though.

Maybe this is what you need:

18.jpg

No, that is too far forward. What hurts me is the corner. It digs into the area between my kneecap and leg bone.

It looks like a cool idea for short folks though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'-0" tall - but with shorter legs and larger torso. I too have complained to myself about my knee hurting from the sharp edge of the console! Funny how this forum "brings us all together!"

I'm thinking that the "pad" may in fact help...although it is the corner, perhaps this will keep my leg/knee from ever touching the corner in the first place?

If anyone buys this pad thingy-bob, please post to let us know what you think about it!

Thanks

#0129 (todd)

Archived