TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Shelby GT/SC" Stripe

ShelbyPilot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Well, from now on, the only way to get the GT/SC stripe is to have the Super Charger installed here. I believe that maybe one set was promised to somebody, but that was it. This is going to be like the Powered By Ford Badges. They only way to get them is to have the vehicle built here. It will be an exclsusive. I can not and will not sell the GT/SC stripe from here.

I hope this helps out with any furthur confusions.

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Well, from now on, the only way to get the GT/SC stripe is to have the Super Charger installed here. I believe that maybe one set was promised to somebody, but that was it. This is going to be like the Powered By Ford Badges. They only way to get them is to have the vehicle built here. It will be an exclsusive. I can not and will not sell the GT/SC stripe from here.

Thanks!!!!

Bud

That will protect the investment of any who had the SC installed @ SAI and make the cars that much more authentic. I was thinking either an "authorized" Shelbty dealer but after I wrote that I did not know how that would be protected either so this way is the best way. B)

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud,

Glad to hear, thats the best news i have heard in a while

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Thanks!!!!

Bud

That's awesome! Glad to hear this news. Glad my car is in the queue.

That's awesome! Glad to hear this news. Glad my car is in the queue.

Same here...........don't know where mine is...............but I will be having mine SC'ed please! Great news for all who have endured.

In the end, it really all works out with the right decisions being made at the top. Thanks again SAI. :)

I am ready to chime in, I agree with socal that the SGT/SC stripe should be EXCLUSIVE to a S/C bought and installed SAI or other AUTHORIZED installer. The SGT/SC stripe definitely adds to the value of a particular SGT and makes it rarer/more exculsive, and after paying SAI a bit more then I would have elsewhere, I would love to see that extra money pay off

That extra money will pay off in HP too :P :lol:

And Matt........now that is funny !!!!! I love it !!!!! Momma Mia !!!!!! I really think your plate should be MIA !!!!

Bud..that is good news for the super charged folks !

Question on the badges though...what if some punk kid decides to steal one off one of our cars? Will we be able to get a replacement ?? ( don't know what good itwould do me if I was in prison though for wiping out the young punk lol )

That extra money will pay off in HP too :P :lol:

And Matt........now that is funny !!!!! I love it !!!!! Momma Mia !!!!!! I really think your plate should be MIA !!!!

Bud..that is good news for the super charged folks !

Question on the badges though...what if some punk kid decides to steal one off one of our cars? Will we be able to get a replacement ?? ( don't know what good itwould do me if I was in prison though for wiping out the young punk lol )

I dont think its fair i guess the old saying right the squeeky wheeL gets the grease HEY BUD HOW THE CAP IN BACK THAT LOOKS LIKE CRAP CAN WE GET THAT FIXED

No worries! I'm selling my new stripe kit!

Get'um now they're going fast!

LMAO....................................still LMAO

Hi ALL!!!!!,

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud,

Thank you and SAI for making a decision either way and letting us know about it.

I dont think its fair i guess the old saying right the squeeky wheeL gets the grease

....it was the squeaky wheels that got the stripe for the cars to begin with.

i will speak slowwwwwly for you WHO EVER BXXCHES ENOUGH GETS TAKEN CARE OF IS THAT ENOUGH ENGLISH FOR YOU

WOW!!!!!!!!! Now those are really harsh words.!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I HAVE BEEN MORE PATIENT AND PROBABLY THE NICEST PERSON HERE. I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED TO HELP ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY WHEN I COULD. NOW, AT THIS TIME AND THIS TIME ONLY----------------MR. NICE GUY IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

2. Shelby decided to bring back the SHELBY and made it availible for the first time in 30+ years. THAT, was a HUGE accomplishment in automotive HISTORY!!!!!!!! AND WHAT HAPPENES???? People Bitch and MOAN!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! I Grew up with Shelby, as most of you have. I totaly respect the name, respect the vehicles made and have TOTAL RESPECT FOR MR. SHELBY AND AMY.

3. This is how we show respect for the person who brought you these fine vehicles? By bitching and moaning? I don't believe this happened 30 years ago.

4. When the very first Shelby mustangs came out years ago, did the public have choices of what kind of mods they could have? Did they have access to the employees that work for, work on at Shelby?

This is a new era in automotive history. WE ARE ALL PART OF IT. I can not remember when the customers had so much say in the making of a vehicle, let alone a SHELBY.

As for progress, IT CAN NEVER EVER STOP!!!!!!!! Yes, we did the 07 SGT. And everybody went crazy. And now we are going to do the 08 SGT in a coupe and convertible. AND EVERYBODY WENT CRAZY!!!! But, the wrong way. I don't get it. If we decided to stop, everybody would be screaming at us to continue. So what did we do? We beat everybody to the punch.

So, after reading the other threads---YES,I do read them all, should we have stopped AFTER just doing the 07 SGT? What about doing the 40th ANN? What about doing the Super Snake? What about doing the Hertz projects? WHAT ABOUT DOING FUTURE PROJECTS THAT COULD KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF?

SHOULD WE STOP?

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TYPE OF SQUEAKY WHEEL CRAP!!!!!!!

You all wanted eclusive vehicles, WE GAVE THEM TO YOU. If the vehicle is built at Shelby with exclusive parts, IT STAYS that way. Would it be fair if I started to sell hood scoops, door sill plates, badging, stripes, CSM dash plaques? I don't think it would be fair. Why should you pay "X" amount and the next guy pays "x" amount and have the same exclusivity?

I just honetsly can not believe all the negativity here lately. I understand that at times we need to vent (like me right now), which is fine. Vent and STOP!!!!!!! But <bleep>, this just keeps dragging on and on and on and on. And some people wonder why we don't post at times. Look at it this way--you walk into aplace and EVEYBODY turns around, looks at you, then starts throwing anything they can get their hands on at you. Question one---do you stand there and keep getting hit? Question two---do you step out, let it cool down a bit and then come back and try to disolve the issues? Your choice.

Now, I am SURE I will get bashed for saying all of this, but you know what? Somebody has to. We need to get these boards back to sharing info, sharing stories, trying to help others out. I'm not saying that we all have to be angels, but it would be nice evry once in a while to read a thread that doesn't bash a person here or there.

And IF I see any more remarks like the one I quoted, I will moderate that person, pull the thread or whatever it takes. IT IS NOT CALLED FOR HERE ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got MY rant out, I will be returning to my normal self again.

Thank you,

Bud

My experience with Bud,has been a pleasure,and Bud is a true professional,that CARES for his customers,and IMO,the Shelby heritage/name. He has bent over backwards to help my wife resolve minor cosmetics issues with her car,and went above and beyond what was required,to try and make things right.

Bud is a definate keeper in my book,and Shelby would be foolish to ever let him leave/part ways.

I'm gonna talk my wife into getting the blower upgrade,via Shelby. I too feel that the stripe should only be given if it's installed by Shelby,weather that's in Vegas,or 1 of their projected future mod shops. If it can only be done in Vegas,so be it. Wifey loves Vegas and gambling,and on average of once a year,she gets her Vegas fix. Maybe next time she'll be driving,verses flying ;)

Wifey and I too are interested in the driving lights/grille....but would like to see some final finished products,and fit,before making decision. I loved the few pics I saw of the Shelby dash gauge housing,and that's on my list of "wants" too.

Bud,

Wow, that was a different side of you. I must admit, concerning some folks on here your rant was completely justified. Just for the record though, considering all the changes and expansion SAI has gone through in the last year or so , I think you guys are doing a fine job.

I do have a serious question for you though. When I purchased my car I had no idea SAI was offering mods like the supercharger. If I had known I would have ordered my car and waited. You stated that only cars worked on at SAI would get the stripe. Does this include cars brought to you for the supercharger installation or is the stripe just for new cars done in the mod shop? I don't want to continue the argument but I would really like to know. We are planning a trip to Vegas this year and depending on the answer we will know whether to fly or drive.

Keep up the good work and remeber, most of us are happy with the jobs you all are doing and are just glad to have a Shelby. 07 or 08, SGT, GT500, KR, or SS, whichever, as long as it's a Shelby!

Also, I got a call from my dealer last week(Steve Williams Ford) to let me know my new hood pin plates were in. I don't know if you sent them out or not but if you did, thanks. If you didn't, tell whoever did thanks.

We need to get these boards back to sharing info, sharing stories, trying to help others out. I'm not saying that we all have to be angels, but it would be nice every once in a while to read a thread that doesn't bash a person here or there.

Bud

Could not agree more. thank you Bud. The one thing we can all agree about...we are all passionate about our Shelbys...sometimes that passion is a double edge sword. Let's see if we can follow Bud's call to return the forum to a higher standard.

Could not agree more. thank you Bud. The one thing we can all agree about...we are all passionate about our Shelbys...sometimes that passion is a double edge sword. Let's see if we can follow Bud's call to return the forum to a higher standard.

I love my car......I love the service I have received from SAI.

I have learned an enormous amount here...and even made some new friends here ! ;)

Thanks Bud !

now..onto more important things...like harassing Matt ! :P

NOW I HAVE BEEN MORE PATIENT AND PROBABLY THE NICEST PERSON HERE. I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED TO HELP ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY WHEN I COULD. NOW, AT THIS TIME AND THIS TIME ONLY----------------MR. NICE GUY IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

2. Shelby decided to bring back the SHELBY and made it availible for the first time in 30+ years. THAT, was a HUGE accomplishment in automotive HISTORY!!!!!!!! AND WHAT HAPPENES???? People Bitch and MOAN!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! I Grew up with Shelby, as most of you have. I totaly respect the name, respect the vehicles made and have TOTAL RESPECT FOR MR. SHELBY AND AMY.

3. This is how we show respect for the person who brought you these fine vehicles? By bitching and moaning? I don't believe this happened 30 years ago.

4. When the very first Shelby mustangs came out years ago, did the public have choices of what kind of mods they could have? Did they have access to the employees that work for, work on at Shelby?

This is a new era in automotive history. WE ARE ALL PART OF IT. I can not remember when the customers had so much say in the making of a vehicle, let alone a SHELBY.

As for progress, IT CAN NEVER EVER STOP!!!!!!!! Yes, we did the 07 SGT. And everybody went crazy. And now we are going to do the 08 SGT in a coupe and convertible. AND EVERYBODY WENT CRAZY!!!! But, the wrong way. I don't get it. If we decided to stop, everybody would be screaming at us to continue. So what did we do? We beat everybody to the punch.

So, after reading the other threads---YES,I do read them all, should we have stopped AFTER just doing the 07 SGT? What about doing the 40th ANN? What about doing the Super Snake? What about doing the Hertz projects? WHAT ABOUT DOING FUTURE PROJECTS THAT COULD KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF?

SHOULD WE STOP?

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TYPE OF SQUEAKY WHEEL CRAP!!!!!!!

You all wanted eclusive vehicles, WE GAVE THEM TO YOU. If the vehicle is built at Shelby with exclusive parts, IT STAYS that way. Would it be fair if I started to sell hood scoops, door sill plates, badging, stripes, CSM dash plaques? I don't think it would be fair. Why should you pay "X" amount and the next guy pays "x" amount and have the same exclusivity?

I just honetsly can not believe all the negativity here lately. I understand that at times we need to vent (like me right now), which is fine. Vent and STOP!!!!!!! But <bleep>, this just keeps dragging on and on and on and on. And some people wonder why we don't post at times. Look at it this way--you walk into aplace and EVEYBODY turns around, looks at you, then starts throwing anything they can get their hands on at you. Question one---do you stand there and keep getting hit? Question two---do you step out, let it cool down a bit and then come back and try to disolve the issues? Your choice.

Now, I am SURE I will get bashed for saying all of this, but you know what? Somebody has to. We need to get these boards back to sharing info, sharing stories, trying to help others out. I'm not saying that we all have to be angels, but it would be nice evry once in a while to read a thread that doesn't bash a person here or there.

And IF I see any more remarks like the one I quoted, I will moderate that person, pull the thread or whatever it takes. IT IS NOT CALLED FOR HERE ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got MY rant out, I will be returning to my normal self again.

Thank you,

Bud

Bud, I can 100% sympathise with you but sometimes you have to look at the glass like it's half empty. I live in New York State where the winters are LONG and HARSH. Our timeframe for enjoying our cars is about 4 months. I ordered mine on Feb.6th. It was built and shipped to Shelby in early April. We are now into June and I have NO NO NO idea where my car stands in the pecking order today. It is next to impossible to get answers concerning approx. delivery to my dealer. I hope SAI can understand...or a least care about our concerns and frustrations. Well, keep up the good work and in the meantime I will be shopping for a good set of snowtires :)

i will speak slowwwwwly for you WHO EVER BXXCHES ENOUGH GETS TAKEN CARE OF IS THAT ENOUGH ENGLISH FOR YOU

Wow,Dmag settle down!! This is only a forum not a personal attack on anyone. If words are spoken sometimes just take it with a grain of salt as it will pass like everything else does. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I 2nd that. We have exclusive vehicles and everytime I talk to someone about it, everyday usually, they are just as impressed with the car as I am. Every car has issues. My brother just bought a 2007 $100K++ S 550 Mercedes Benz, the huge limo type car, it has been in the service department a few times already just for stuff that was passed over because they are "people" just like the people making a Shelby. Yes Mercedes Benz is an extremely high quality & exclusive car, as Shelby is. And only very few people can drive one of these cars or afford to drive one of these cars, so be proud and lets all quit the whinning and just love what we have that every other person would love to have, an exclusive car, a Shelby GT! B)

wow! you guys got Bud all up and Crazy....... I am amazed!

Great post Bud, I think sometimes we forget what we have, and how lucky we are to have it. I remember a time when I ran Hot wheels and as a big corporation it was very hard for them to allow me to have a open dialog with all the site members. Well one day it got really out of hand, we sent out cars and they got damaged and everyone got crazy even though I fixed it and sent a bonus, the site got ugly, really ugly.

So, I took the site down for 24 hours and all anyone of the 500K members got was a black screen and a letter from me stating they need to always remember that it works because we are respectful and treat each other that way.....

I did bring the site back up and it was better after that, because the loss was greater then the momentary rant.

This is a brand that has passionate people on both sides, you can be passionate, you can even rant, but you must always be respectful. that goes for my guys too.

Enjoy the brand, enjoy the cars, you are all part of history, a history that might never have been repeated.

Amy

Bud, I have never met you or spoke with you but................bravo! Now I can't wait to meet you. See you whenever my car is finished. 31st anniv. present to me (the car) and my wife (the trip to Vegas) :)

BUD

GREAT POST!

I THINK MAYBE WITH SOME OF TODAYS "CUSTOMERS" THEY LACK TRUE EXPERIENCE WITH CARS. THEY LIKE CARS, THEY DRIVE CARS, BUT HAVE THEY EVER BUILT OR RESTORED A CAR? IF THEY DID THEY WOULD HAVE I BETTER IDEA OF WHAT SAI IS DOING NOT TO MENTION THE LAWS THAT NOW GOVERN THIS INDUSTRY.

YES I DO OWN A SHELBY GT AND HAVE FOR FOUR MONTHS AND EXCITED TO SAY THAT IT IS WAITING FOR MODS!

YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY NEGATIVE POST FROM ME!

ANY ISSUE'S I HAD I EMAIL DIRECT TO PERSONEL AT SHELBYAUTOS AND RECEIVED GREAT RESPONSE'S ABOVE AND BEYOND FROM ALL!

KEEP UP THE UP GREAT WORK!

KEEP BUILDING GREAT CARS!

Archived