TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COMPLETED AND SHIPPED!

Congrats Matt, :) I know know what you are going thru. I was gone all weekend and just put my vin # in and it said COMPLETTED AND SHIPPED!!! I almost fell over backwards in my chair :D Maybe our cars are on the same truck? Hope they get here soon. I am so excited!!! Any way I hope you have fun with your car!!!! B) Tim

VERY cool Tim! Where are you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealer called...the truck driver will be there TOMORROW at 7:30AM! I can't wait to bitch about rattles, lack of floor mats, bubbled or misaligned stripes, what ever!

:D

Good luck trying to sleep tonight pal. Might as well go grab half a bottle of NightQuil now!

Have an absolutely wonderful day tomorrow!

Was that you who posted about having your dad beside you (in spirit) in the driver's seat during your first time in the SGT? If so, show him the ride of his life.

Good luck trying to sleep tonight pal. Might as well go grab half a bottle of NightQuil now!

Have an absolutely wonderful day tomorrow!

Was that you who posted about having your dad beside you (in spirit) in the driver's seat during your first time in the SGT? If so, show him the ride of his life.

No sleep tonight for you Matt, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sleep tonight for you Matt, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that there is nothing for you too bitch about!!!

Dealer called...the truck driver will be there TOMORROW at 7:30AM! I can't wait to bitch about rattles, lack of floor mats, bubbled or misaligned stripes, what ever!

Ohhhhhhhhhh Matt...I am so very happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I look forward to you complaining about anything !!!!!! Even when something is bugging you...all you have to do is get in the drivers seat....and start the engine ! You will know what I mean tomorrow !! :lol:

Very very happy for you...told you it would be a good week ;)

Yes you will be bitchin'. You didn't hear about the truck drivers strike? It appears Shelby truck drivers can't unload in the city of Chicago. (You know a union deal) So if you bring the truck driver some cash and a bottle, he might let you look at it. Rumor has it the strike shouldn't last for more than 3 or 4 weeks :lol:

No really, congratulations Matt. It been a pleasure reading your posts. Now we'll never hear from you again. <_< And what about the live video for the delivery? And one more thing try not to get a ticket. Enjoy the ride. B)

Dave

Thanks all!

Not sure I would have made it this long without you guys! I think I really would have walked away long ago to tell you the truth but your stories (those that have their cars) and the commiserating those also waiting. What's cool about this board, from what I have seen, is we are all from different parts of the country, different backgrounds, different ages, and we sometimes have VERY different opinions, but through it all we share a common bond of appreciation for a cool vehicle. I really appreciate the on-line friendships and at times wish we could all just meet up on any given Sunday and do a drive, party and grill...etc... Oh well...we'll one day, once everyone has their cars, maybe next summer, all meet up and do just that!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

Cya!

Thanks all!

Not sure I would have made it this long without you guys! I think I really would have walked away long ago to tell you the truth but your stories (those that have their cars) and the commiserating those also waiting. What's cool about this board, from what I have seen, is we are all from different parts of the country, different backgrounds, different ages, and we sometimes have VERY different opinions, but through it all we share a common bond of appreciation for a cool vehicle. I really appreciate the on-line friendships and at times wish we could all just meet up on any given Sunday and do a drive, party and grill...etc... Oh well...we'll one day, once everyone has their cars, maybe next summer, all meet up and do just that!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

Cya!

What are you talking about "CYA!" You won't be sleeping tonight! In fact, I see that you're on this very post as I write this. You're going to be pulling an all-nighter. With the time zones, there will be plenty of us to keep up with your adrenalin high.

HEHEHE :D :D

Here we are, and you guys thought I would forget about you! :D BTW: There were 3 cars left in the truck none of which had mods. 2 black and 1 white all were for customers in IL. The driver was cool....he said to me, "there are thousands of these things out there! All black and white!" :lol: I was like...uh huh...and for each of those there is a crazy guy like me following them around and waiting for a truck at 6:45am at a closed Ford dealership!

Oh...yea...lots of desert sand and I do have a bubbled stripe on the trunk at the very top near the window. So I guess I'll be getting that replaced. Other than that looks great!

Here are the pics...

Here we are, and you guys thought I would forget about you! :D BTW: There were 3 cars left in the truck none of which had mods. 2 black and 1 white all were for customers in IL. The driver was cool....he said to me, "there are thousands of these things out there! All black and white!" :lol: I was like...uh huh...and for each of those there is a crazy guy like me following them around and waiting for a truck at 6:45am at a closed Ford dealership!

Oh...yea...lots of desert sand and I do have a bubbled stripe on the trunk at the very top near the window. So I guess I'll be getting that replaced. Other than that looks great!

Here are the pics...

Congratulations!

Here are the pics...

Matt, here is the pic of your car in that truck at SAI. Well, not exactly, but the thought was there.

Enjoy. Why don't you take a little drive over here to Boston and give me a ride. :D

Adam, what else was in that trailer in that pic? Something in the upper left corner...seems to be silver with different rims. Perhaps the Shelby AC Cobra retro they were working on a few years back? OK i can dream cant I? :)

Adam, what else was in that trailer in that pic? Something in the upper left corner...seems to be silver with different rims. Perhaps the Shelby AC Cobra retro they were working on a few years back? OK i can dream cant I? :)

awwwww congrats Matt !!!!! I bet you are out having a ball in it as we speak !!

Mama Miaaaaaaa !!!!

UPDATE:

Well it's dark here in Chicago and I am FINALLY home after putting 64 miles on the car. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by people more eloquent than I. Mia is a joy to drive, and drive, and drive, and drive. I have taken tomorrow off and I will drive, and drive, and drive. B)

Oh, and talk about the world is strange...

I was driving down a road I don't usually go down and what passes me going in the other direction but a Black SGT! I made a legal U-turn and caught up to him getting mail at the post office. Anyway, to make a long story short it was #416 and he had had it for only a month. I let him know we were all here and to check us out now that we've all pledged to be kinder and gentler with one another. So we'll see if he chimes in. But seriously go figure! I've seen one other SGT, also black, 50 miles from my home only on the same say mine arrives I find #416 lives 12 miles away!

Anyway, thanks again all for the kind words...and the months of encouragement.

Matt

UPDATE:

Well it's dark here in Chicago and I am FINALLY home after putting 64 miles on the car. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by people more eloquent than I. Mia is a joy to drive, and drive, and drive, and drive. I have taken tomorrow off and I will drive, and drive, and drive. B)

Oh, and talk about the world is strange...

I was driving down a road I don't usually go down and what passes me going in the other direction but a Black SGT! I made a legal U-turn and caught up to him getting mail at the post office. Anyway, to make a long story short it was #416 and he had had it for only a month. I let him know we were all here and to check us out now that we've all pledged to be kinder and gentler with one another. So we'll see if he chimes in. But seriously go figure! I've seen one other SGT, also black, 50 miles from my home only on the same say mine arrives I find #416 lives 12 miles away!

Anyway, thanks again all for the kind words...and the months of encouragement.

Matt

OMG....you called her MIA !!!! I feel like a proud grandmother !!!! :D

I will expect to be picked up at Midway on June 28th and taken to NW Indiana ;) :P

Very happy for you and glad she is everything you expected !!

Aren't they a blast??? Tell her Ralph says hey and some day they will meet ! I kind of wish I was driving up now..but not ready to put those kind of miles on him yet.

Congrats again on your big day !

Sue

OMG!!!!! I CHECKED THE VIN STATUS TODAY AND MY VIN NUMBER SAYS COMPLETED AND SHIPPED!!!

SOMETHING I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE....FINALLY!! ORDERED 1/26. MUST BE THINGS HAVE BROKEN LOOSE AFTER MATTS GOT THROUGH THERE. PROBLEM IS I WILL OUT OF TOWN NEXT WEEK BUT READY TO PICK UP ON JUNE 16TH. WISH ME LUCK. STEVE

OMG!!!!! I CHECKED THE VIN STATUS TODAY AND MY VIN NUMBER SAYS COMPLETED AND SHIPPED!!!

SOMETHING I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE....FINALLY!! ORDERED 1/26. MUST BE THINGS HAVE BROKEN LOOSE AFTER MATTS GOT THROUGH THERE. PROBLEM IS I WILL OUT OF TOWN NEXT WEEK BUT READY TO PICK UP ON JUNE 16TH. WISH ME LUCK. STEVE

:o Shoot! it was my car holding things up all along! Sorry all! :blink: Glad to hear your car is on the way Steve! VERY cool! Keep us updated!

Archived