TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Paxton SC Install

CudaFly

Finally got some time off to do the Shelby Paxton supercharger install. After driving the 'stock' Shelby GT setup for the first 3 1/2 months all I can say is WOW!!!

Took it for my first highway test drive and as I was pulling onto the on-ramp a guy in a black Corvette pulled right up on my rear bumper. When we hit the highway I stomped on it and never saw him again.

IT IS A BEAST!!! Much different sound, you lose a bit of the deeper sound from the Cold Air Intake. Now it sounds more like a vacuum cleaner on steroids.

It took a day longer than planned so I lost my time slot at the tune shop. I'm hoping to have it on the dyno and get the custom tunes sometime next week. I'll post the dyno charts when I get them.

More pics here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cudafly/Shelby/page1.htm

SC%2009.jpg

Nice Job on the install! Congrats! Once you have an SC you never go back! My 04 Cobra was at 504 rwhp and 498 ftlbtq. And your right, a very large wining sucking sound. Don't get any better than that. :)

Finally got some time off to do the Shelby Paxton supercharger install.

Cuda, that looks awesome! Congrats. Looks like a lot of work. Roughly how many hours did it take you?

Gee, your garage and driveway are clean as hell. Talk about rolling out the red carpet for your SGT.

Thanks for all of the comments...

Cuda, that looks awesome! Congrats. Looks like a lot of work. Roughly how many hours did it take you?

It took me about 24 hours of work (play?) over 4 days. The hardest part turned out to be the auxiliary fuel pump installation. Getting the fuel pump out of the tank from the access panel under the rear seat, modifying the pump, and then getting it back in the tank was a real bear.

Even though it seems to work OK I really don’t like the fuel pump setup and have already decided to switch to FRPP dual pump: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9639

The install looks great. I am wanting to do my own install but have been worried about the oiling system. Did you have to drill your oil pan or was there already a hole there? Also why did you remove the bumper cover?

You have to use a center punch and then tap the threads into the oil pan for the oil return line. They don't recommend drilling since you would get metal chips into the oil pan. It's a little hairy knocking a hole into a perfectly good oil pan, you only get one shot.

The front bumper/grill assembly has to come off to install the charge cooler radiator and the electric circulating pump.

If you want to see the SC installation manual it’s on the Vortech (Paxton) site at: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/manuals/4FU218im.pdf

Finally got some time off to do the Shelby Paxton supercharger install. After driving the 'stock' Shelby GT setup for the first 3 1/2 months all I can say is WOW!!!

Took it for my first highway test drive and as I was pulling onto the on-ramp a guy in a black Corvette pulled right up on my rear bumper. When we hit the highway I stomped on it and never saw him again.

IT IS A BEAST!!! Much different sound, you lose a bit of the deeper sound from the Cold Air Intake. Now it sounds more like a vacuum cleaner on steroids.

It took a day longer than planned so I lost my time slot at the tune shop. I'm hoping to have it on the dyno and get the custom tunes sometime next week. I'll post the dyno charts when I get them.

More pics here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cudafly/Shelby/page1.htm

SC%2009.jpg

CudaFly - very nice, clean job !

Tim - What an eye, I never noticed and looked at that thing a long time. So what is it Cuda, what made you change the wheels?

Hey! Cuda is SAI sending you the new decals Shelby GT/SC, because when I spoke to JW about installing SC my self He said take a picture of SC and CSM plate , JW then will send the decals. also did you buy SC from SAI Thanks Louie.

Hey! Cuda is SAI sending you the new decals Shelby GT/SC, because when I spoke to JW about installing SC my self He said take a picture of SC and CSM plate , JW then will send the decals. also did you buy SC from SAI Thanks Louie.

Add me to the "Like to know on this" List.......... :)

Archived