TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Consolation Prize

shelbydream1

How about a consolation prize for those of us still waiting--maybe Mr Shelby could autograph all the cars in line for the mod shop for making us wait so darn long for our cars!!! I'm beginning to think mines going to arrive as a Vista Blue model!!!! :angry:

I just want my car. I believe it's done. I just want it, I want the small potential issues taken care of before it's on a truck. I like your idea. I'd be perfectly happy with a call tomorrow from John that says...

1. Car is complete.

2. We double checked the hood scoop - it's good, the stripes - they are good, no bubbles. We made sure the shortened brackets are on there. And ultimately we feel 100% of the shelby mods are done correctly.

3. It's going to be on a truck Friday and you will have it in a week.

Those things would make me real happy. If I was told them and they held true, that would keep me happy.

sorry Stump, I just moved & I cant find my meds this morning. :unsure:

Wicked- I had hopes of keeping my SGT pristine once I got it, but I keep having nightmares about her sitting out in the hot sun, birds crapping all over her, blowing sand getting in every crevice, and rust eating away at all the metal.

I question why they are building SGT's for dealerships that don't even have them sold yet??????? Why not build the ones for people who are waiting for them? I think decisions made by upper management have burned out good people like John and Bud and force them to lie to make SAI look good?

Hey...just a quick note from a fellow instigator...let's try to keep this non-personal. In my experience you get MUCH further in your efforts if you stick to the process and business not the people. I wouldn't recommend anyone use the word "liar" or make generalizations in that direction.

I know we're all frustrated and the tendency is to connect the dots when there is no other information available, but we really need to err on the side of these are honest hard working people that want to do the right thing but are either overwhelmed or have a process in place that doesn't support the volume and complexity of the task at hand.

Think about it...in sales we have "John" and there are 6000 (approx) SGT customers to potentially deal with. How can anyone think that can scale?!?!?! :blink: HELLO!!! You have poor Bud running around like a kid with his thumb in the dam trying to fix issues for how many cars? Now we have KR, SS, 40th, Hertz, 08 SGT, remaining 07 SGTs...YIKES!

Anyway...again, I am with all of you and the issues you point to...BUT I think there is a constructive way to do it and I hope we can all (SAI and customers) stay friends. Once you cross the line on either side it's VERY hard to repair if at all. Let's not go down that road.

I know it's hard...but just my usual 5 cents!

B)

I agree with Matt. I don't think John is maliciously trying to screw some around so he can sit back and laugh about it. It's not uncommon in business for one hand to not know what the other is doing. While in Vegas I actually saw John (yes he really is there!) but he was tied up with a customer wanting to order some sort of package and this was the reason I did not say hi.

I also sure hope SAI has more than 6000 customers! :P :)

Maybe so, I take crap for my bosses decisions all the time. It called having a job. Maybe John should learn how to do his.

Lying is a great out for the moment, but as time goes by....you end up being John.

Whose word is worth sh$t.

His choice.

and a particularly bad one from where I stand.

You make the best of every situation and help the customer get thru it...thats how you grow a successful business.

Not lie to get someome off the phone which reflects that you really dont care.

You make a choice and then you live with the results.

John can live with the choices he made and take the crap that comes with being a liar looking for the easy way out rather than a true customer servant trying, honestly to help the customers that insure the continuance of his job.

Peace and no offense to anyone.....JOHN NOT WITHSTANDING.

Wicked- You catch more bees with honey than you do vinegar. Even if you are right, use the honey trick it will lower your blood pressure and keep you sane at least.

With all due respect to you Matt & Stump......if you were the one being lied to ....you'd feel differently.

Again, I didnt decide which way this was going to be handled (mishandled), others did.

If someone told John to lie to me, that's not my problem. Its lies just the same.

I can't say one way or the other what happened and don't pretend to...I only say that I don't know and while you might believe what you're saying, and I can't and won't tell you that's no the case, I will say that the rest of us, and I would hope you would agree, stay way from making judgments.

Even if I accept you're right I believe that in the context of an open public forum there are better more productive ways to handle and express your displeasure.

While you may think all this is easy for me to say remember that I too am waiting and I too have been told things that didn't happen but until I can pull out proof there REALLY is WMD, I'll keep further speculation just that and to myself.

Wishing you rapid delivery!

-Matt

He is watching and he said he is freezing his n*ts off and is tired of being on ice!! He said ted Williams says hi too! OK he didnt really say that, I just thought it might make you smile. ;)

Maybe so, I take crap for my bosses decisions all the time. It called having a job. Maybe John should learn how to do his.

Lying is a great out for the moment, but as time goes by....you end up being John.

His choice.

You make the best of every situation and help the customer get thru it...thats how you grow a successful business.

John can live with the choices he made and take the crap that comes with being a liar looking for the easy way out rather than a true customer servant trying, honestly to help the customers that insure the continuance of his job.

Wicked, you've been a great contributor to this forum for some time now, but I am going to have to take you on with this subject. I mean no hard feelings toward you so I hope you won't take it that way. And I have some comments for mrhugger and dmag at the bottom of this too.

As Matt mentioned, there is absolutely no need to be attacking people personally; especially John. I take it that you haven't read some of my posts where I've talked about how hard the SAI people work. Well, John was one of those people I was talking about. That man absolutely loves his job and spends a huge amount of his time trying to make things right for us all – much to the detriment of spending time with his wonderful family. I believe that he is a very honest man with great integrity and character.

I spent a little time with John during my visit. He mentioned your situation to me. I can absolutely and honestly tell you that the look on his face when telling me the story was very sincere and he truly felt bad about the whole situation.

I don't know whether the light was on or off throughout you car's stay at SAI, but I can tell you that he really wasn't aware of it until the end. How do you know whether your light was on while at SAI? I don't know how you can blame John or anyone else. Don't you think that it would have been fixed at the Ford plant if it was on all along? Don't you think that the SAI conversion team building your car would have brought it to John's, Bud's or Gary's attention had they seen it? I can't imagine that they would have just ignored it in hopes that it would have gone away as you alluded they did. In fact, that was exactly what John did say about it. He said that when he did find out about it, there was no way he would let it leave the plant in that condition. So he made the tough and proper "Quality" decision to send it back rather than ship a bogus car. Now that's quality, integrity and character so for you to insult him the way you have been is not right! He would have rather you be mad at him for the delay than for a messed up car. And, if you have these problems with him, you shouldn't be doing it on a public forum where he isn't on to defend himself (nor should he have to). You should PM him if he's not responding to your calls (there is a secret and sneaky message behind this little comment ).

Please be more selective in your words when accusing people of being liars. And, just because someone has their SGT already, it doesn't mean that you have to tell them to "Shut Up" as if they are no longer credible in their opinions.

So as others have mentioned on this forum, let's all try to be a little more friendly on this forum. SAI employees read this and are working on the fixes. We don't need to be complaining and bringing their morale down. They're probably not responding because they are working hard on the fixes and probably think we've all gone insane with our rhetoric. Prospective customers are likely reading these posts too and are potentially getting turned off by some of our comments.

So Wicked, mrhugger and dmag, I wish you all would calm down with your complaining, insulting and yelling and get back to being fun. You've all said enough about your complaints. I'm not saying we can never complain, I just think it's unproductive the way that some of these threads have carried on and on. It's time to move past the complaining and talk about the fun stuff again; like what friends usually do!

Each day, I eagerly await the chance to be able to get on this forum and read the tiny morsel of Shelby-related tidbits, information, jokes, how-to's, and what's next comments. But the negativity lately has been a little too depressing.

Please all, let's move on and have some fun again! :D

ADO

I hear you but you have to admit...some of the points and comments should be well within the controls of a business such as SAI. And they aren't, yet. Steve

ado//

forgot wicked already solve his problem, he bought another one!!! Check it out. Steve

Well, it's only been a month since i ordered mine from my dealer. From the sound of things i'm starting to think it will be next year before i get mine. My dealer or myself didn't realize how long the time frame was on getting these cars. They told me probably 6 to 8 weeks. I think 6 to 8 months would have been closer to the mark.

The bad thing is, it looks like i'm going to lose the sales tax credit Mo. has in place. If you sell and rebuy within 90 days you only pay sales tax on the difference, not the full amount. My Mach has been gone a month so time is running out. The difference on the sales tax is going to be more than my $500.00 deposit so i have considered canceling my order. Add to that the quality control problems i have been reading about and i'm getting cold feet. The problem is, i also am very heavily emotionally envolved with this car. Now i'm on the fence unsure which way to go. :(

edit > Just found you got 6 months not 90 days. I'm feeling a little better now, i hate giving the state more than i have to, they get too much of my money now.

......guys don't look for a consolation prize.

The wait for the Shelby GT is worth it. It was six months of waiting for me and the last two were painful. The payoff was incredible. There is no consolation prize that would replace the joy and pride that I had in Vegas 2 weeks ago. I know it is awfully frustrating waiting but it is well worth. I feel your pain. I hope one day sooner than later you can feel my joy.

Wicked, you've been a great contributor to this forum for some time now, but I am going to have to take you on with this subject. I mean no hard feelings toward you so I hope you won't take it that way. And I have some comments for mrhugger and dmag at the bottom of this too.

As Matt mentioned, there is absolutely no need to be attacking people personally; especially John. I take it that you haven't read some of my posts where I've talked about how hard the SAI people work. Well, John was one of those people I was talking about. That man absolutely loves his job and spends a huge amount of his time trying to make things right for us all – much to the detriment of spending time with his wonderful family. I believe that he is a very honest man with great integrity and character.

I spent a little time with John during my visit. He mentioned your situation to me. I can absolutely and honestly tell you that the look on his face when telling me the story was very sincere and he truly felt bad about the whole situation.

I don't know whether the light was on or off throughout you car's stay at SAI, but I can tell you that he really wasn't aware of it until the end. How do you know whether your light was on while at SAI? I don't know how you can blame John or anyone else. Don't you think that it would have been fixed at the Ford plant if it was on all along? Don't you think that the SAI conversion team building your car would have brought it to John's, Bud's or Gary's attention had they seen it? I can't imagine that they would have just ignored it in hopes that it would have gone away as you alluded they did. In fact, that was exactly what John did say about it. He said that when he did find out about it, there was no way he would let it leave the plant in that condition. So he made the tough and proper "Quality" decision to send it back rather than ship a bogus car. Now that's quality, integrity and character so for you to insult him the way you have been is not right! He would have rather you be mad at him for the delay than for a massed-up car. And, if you have these problems with him, you shouldn't be doing it on a public forum where he isn't on to defend himself (nor should he have to). You should PM him if he's not responding to your calls (there is a secret and sneaky message behind this little comment ).

Please be more selective in your words when accusing people of being liars. And, just because someone has their SGT already, it doesn't mean that you have to tell them to "Shut Up" as if they are no longer credible in their opinions.

So as others have mentioned on this forum, let's all try to be a little more friendly on this forum. SAI employees read this and are working on the fixes. We don't need to be complaining and bringing their morale down. They're probably not responding because they are working hard on the fixes and probably think we've all gone insane with our rhetoric. Prospective customers are likely reading these posts too and are potentially getting turned off by some of our comments.

So Wicked, mrhugger and dmag, I wish you all would calm down with your complaining, insulting and yelling and get back to being fun. You've all said enough about your complaints. I'm not saying we can never complain, I just think it's unproductive the way that some of these threads have carried on and on. It's time to move past the complaining and talk about the fun stuff again; like what friends usually do!

I eagerly await the chance to be able to get on this forum and read the tiny morsel of Shelby-related tidbits, information, jokes, how-to's, and what's next comments. But the negativity lately has been a little too depressing.

Please all, let's move on and have some fun again! :D

Well said Adam. I agree with your comments 100%

Lonny

Hey...just a quick note from a fellow instigator...let's try to keep this non-personal. In my experience you get MUCH further in your efforts if you stick to the process and business not the people. I wouldn't recommend anyone use the word "liar" or make generalizations in that direction.

I know we're all frustrated and the tendency is to connect the dots when there is no other information available, but we really need to err on the side of these are honest hard working people that want to do the right thing but are either overwhelmed or have a process in place that doesn't support the volume and complexity of the task at hand.

Think about it...in sales we have "John" and there are 6000 (approx) SGT customers to potentially deal with. How can anyone think that can scale?!?!?! :blink: HELLO!!! You have poor Bud running around like a kid with his thumb in the dam trying to fix issues for how many cars? Now we have KR, SS, 40th, Hertz, 08 SGT, remaining 07 SGTs...YIKES!

Anyway...again, I am with all of you and the issues you point to...BUT I think there is a constructive way to do it and I hope we can all (SAI and customers) stay friends. Once you cross the line on either side it's VERY hard to repair if at all. Let's not go down that road.

B)

Matt here is your change 4 cents HEY DO YOU REALLY HAVE A CAR ORDERED OR ARE YOU A WANNA BEEE

I know how you guys feel, I ordered mine SGT back in the middle of Dec from a dealer that had already placed the order. My arrived at SAI on 2-6-07 and was the white car pictured in the post John made showing the lower fascia with running lights. My car was complete for approx a month before it was actually loaded on a truck. I either emailed or called one of John's phone's every 2-3 days to check status and was told several times that my car was either being loaded or would load within days. Several times I thought I was going to have a melt down waiting for my car, making payments without seeing or sitting in my baby. After severl weeks of not getting loaded I began emailing Amy and copying John, that finally got my car loaded and delivered to my house (first home delivery). I received my car 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

I know the wait is long and at times you are not told what you what you want to hear but believe me the car is worth it !

The weather hear has been rainy the past week so I haven't been able to put many miles on it, but like many of you I have only turned my radio on once to see if it worked. The exhaust sound is awsome ! I have an appointment to have window tint put on the Saturday, hopeully the weather will be nice.

Hang in there and good luck, your gonna love it !

Don

I've made 2 payments already andy haven't a clue when it'll get here, but it'll probably be Vista Blue at the rate it's going!!!

I've been overwhelmed at work also and I don't hold an personal contempt or displeasure with any one person at SAI, just the whole process seems to be inefficient and poorly run-I mean, seriously-why are they building 08's when the 07's aren't done?? Why is the hat I ordered 7 weeks ago not here-is it in the trunk of my car?? Waiting is a frustrating game for all of us who don't have our cars yet-those of you who do, I'm really happy for you and your info and descriptions have helped with the waiting, but even you must admit this process is not a smooth deal.

B)

I agree with ya Matt, the problem I have is that as was said earlier, they should be finishing the cars that are actually sold to customers, then we see museum delivery photos with a line of about 60 08 GTH verts---how about we finish the 07's first!!??? My car was purchased from my dealer who had already ordered the car a couple of months prior to my becoming involved , so mines been on order for almost 4 months already.

His choice.

WOW :blink:

WOW :blink:

ouch !

My two cents....

I have had issues as you all know.....but SAI (Bud) has bent over backwards to make them right...and trust me...alot of the issues weren't SAI's fault. They didn't "have" to fix the screw ups the Ford body shop created.

My emails have been answered extremely timely....and the parts I needed were overnighted.

I can't complain, although I didn't have to wait for my car like alot of you.

I love my car...and for those of you waiting..it is worth the wait !

Happy Friday everyone !

Sue

ouch !

My two cents....

I have had issues as you all know.....but SAI (Bud) has bent over backwards to make them right...and trust me...alot of the issues weren't SAI's fault. They didn't "have" to fix the screw ups the Ford body shop created.

My emails have been answered extremely timely....and the parts I needed were overnighted.

I can't complain, although I didn't have to wait for my car like alot of you.

I love my car...and for those of you waiting..it is worth the wait !

Happy Friday everyone !

Sue

I'm the same way. I dealt with Bud and he was THE MAN in fixing the one problem I had that was someone elses fault!

I'm trying to figure out how I received #1193 on 03/24 with a base car built at Ford in January. Somehow the serial numbers seem off or I am retarded. Is the wait others are having due only to SAI mods? I bought from a little dealer in TX, they have no regional or national pull.

BTW, mine was stock.

Adam,

I am not responding to initiate or further anymore back & forth about this topic. And your experience not withstanding, and everyone having the best intentions, I waited 24 days before I used the "L" word, after I was told directly that on numerous occasions that CS Mats were sent to me as a consolation to the fact that my car was going to be delayed God knows how long because SAI accidently flashed my 5speed with the automatic program. The mats have still never arrived. I guess its all just a big misunderstanding.

Michael

And I agree, this forum isnt the most appropriate place to address these things publically, but when someone refuses to return phonecalls or voicemails or even get back to you with updates THEY PROMISED TO PROVIDE...then you do what you have to and OTHERS need to share in the responsiblity that it has come to this.

But I am done & I have said my peace. My regrets abt this run deeper than my words reflect.

No sweat pal, I wasn't meaning to single you out. I wanted to comment earlier to others too but tried not to get involved. I just wanted to get the forum back to being fun again. I just read your post that you are getting your car from Jason and posted my congrats that I'm really happy for you that things worked out in the end.

Did you end up getting your vanity plates yet? Did you see my new avatar? It took me about 2 hours to make that last night.

Archived