TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower driving lights available?

Webba

Well the topic says it all. I was told they were not available to buy yet only if installed factory. When you go to the website it still says coming soon. Anyone know anything different?

I dont "know" anything different.......but I think they "cobble" the honeycomb plastic on either side of the lower opening to hold the lights.

They would have to buy those pieces and cobble them for your installation .......and I dont think they are going to bother. Basically, have it done in Vegas or do without.

.....and as usual, NO ONE at SAI is willing to admit something negative, THEY JUST LEAVE US OUT HERE TO WONDER.

for instance, my car was sent to dispatch for shipping on 4/28, but its not here yet.

And the wonderful Mr. Walker, who promised me a free set of mats to make up for their screw up, has not returned a call of mine for over 2 weeks.

(By the way, the mats never showed up either, and John "claims" to have mailed them 23 days ago.)

(ok, I could have said "modify" instead of cobble)

I am positive the lower driving lights can be installed by us, the honeycomb plastic inserts can easily be drilled with a hole saw. Just make sure the pilot bit sticks out enough to start 1st before the saw touchs the honeycomb. They probaly have a tool that pops the hole right out at the factory or maybe they might even send the inserts when, if ever the driving lights become available. They are putting them all on the cars at Shelby which is what they should be doing. I haven't seen one up close to see how the lights are actually mounted

For the driving lights, the honeycomb pieces are popped out and discarded. The lights come with a new pieces to replace the honeycomb pieces. You would have to mount the driving lights to the inner metal bumper, cut the fascia that is behind the honeycomb pieces, and install the new inserts. Look at the pics in this thread of Shelby Don's lights.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1386

• 2 weeks later...

For the driving lights, the honeycomb pieces are popped out and discarded. The lights come with a new pieces to replace the honeycomb pieces. You would have to mount the driving lights to the inner metal bumper, cut the fascia that is behind the honeycomb pieces, and install the new inserts. Look at the pics in this thread of Shelby Don's lights.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1386

Here is a update from Shelby after I sent them a email concerning availability:

Mike, I’ve been informed by the mod shop that they are still working on the kit for these. Right now they have the pieces but no templates and no hardware worked out as of yet….please keep in touch with me either via phone or email and as soon as I have confirmation from them on it being complete, I’ll let you know.

Keith S. Criswell

Shelby Performance Parts

702-405-3501

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Archived