TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I find this to be interesting

Rainmaker

I can't see Ford / Shelby doing a GT-350 when they already have our GT model already, which pays homage to the GT-350. It would dilute the models too much.

The GT350 will come in time--Ford just doesn't need the name right now with sales of the GT500 going strong...... Shelby left Ford with the rights to the GT350 name and when Ford used it in 1989(?) they got sued by Shelby...not sure of the name rights status as a result of that Ford/Shelby suit...anyway...neither Ford nor Shelby are going to waste that '350' name on a small production run...Thus the 2006 Hertz cars were named "Shelby GTH"...with the "350" part of the name gone missing... if the Hertz cars had been a flop Ford/Shelby didn't want to have used the GT350 name for a minor publicity stunt--its all about business.

The 2007 and 2008 SGT pay homage to a very limited car: the 1966 GT350H..the Hertz model...thus the silver stripes replacing bronze/gold (aka both metalic witht he bronze/gold reserved strictly for Hertz) and not white as classicly used by Shelby and as evidenced on the 07 GT500 . In this regard I really wish folks would buy a book and look at photos of 1966 GT350H's and see the stying cues tied to their 07 versions and stop doing stupid stuff like adding wings, window louvers, lower grills/fog lights....... Its based upon the 66 Shelby Mustang not the 67-- 66 Shelbys didn't have ducktail wings, window louvers, fog lights etc....

The GT350 is coming...just when is the question...2009? 2010?

In this regard I really wish folks would buy a book and look at photos of 1966 GT350H's and see the stying cues tied to their 07 versions and stop doing stupid stuff like adding wings, window louvers, lower grills/fog lights....... Its based upon the 66 Shelby Mustang not the 67-- 66 Shelbys didn't have ducktail wings, window louvers, fog lights etc....

Amen, brother!! But...I say let them do it...it only makes the untouched, original cars more valuable.

The lower grill for me is about protecting the expensive radiotor unit in the wide open lower fascia. IMO I think the GT350 will be a upgrade to the SGT ala the GT500KR and Supersnake. The redesign is due supposedly in 09 and if it ends up being that horrid POS Gigaro Italian vette/mustang frankenstein thing I just dont see it fitting in.

The lower grill for me is about protecting the expensive radiotor unit in the wide open lower fascia. IMO I think the GT350 will be a upgrade to the SGT ala the GT500KR and Supersnake. The redesign is due supposedly in 09 and if it ends up being that horrid POS Gigaro Italian vette/mustang frankenstein thing I just dont see it fitting in.

I totally agree about the lower grill because of stuff flying at it and being protected from debris entering. I mean c'mon look at that big hole in there it doesn't look right. lets not forget that Shelby left these components off because they know they are going to make money on aftermarket stuff. Shelby is out to make money just like Ford and any other car company. It is about turning profit and I am sure keeping their employees in jobs too. If they put all the add ons on every car as stock then they have no aftermarket sales except replacements.

..... I don't think any Shelby licensed part detracts from the value of the car. Whether it is the grill and driving lights, the spoiler, Razors or the hood. 40 years from now when it might matter, the commentator on Speed will say, "here comes a 2007 Shelby GT and it has the optional CS hood and Shelby Razor wheels. Although not stock items they were options offered by the Shelby factory during production in 2007 and correct for the vehicle."

..... I don't think any Shelby licensed part detracts from the value of the car. Whether it is the grill and driving lights, the spoiler, Razors or the hood. 40 years from now when it might matter, the commentator on Speed will say, "here comes a 2007 Shelby GT and it has the optional CS hood and Shelby Razor wheels. Although not stock items they were options offered by the Shelby factory suring production in 2007 and correct for the vehicle."

I agree.

The GT350 will come in time--Ford just doesn't need the name right now with sales of the GT500 going strong...... Shelby left Ford with the rights to the GT350 name and when Ford used it in 1989(?) they got sued by Shelby...not sure of the name rights status as a result of that Ford/Shelby suit...anyway...neither Ford nor Shelby are going to waste that '350' name on a small production run...Thus the 2006 Hertz cars were named "Shelby GTH"...with the "350" part of the name gone missing... if the Hertz cars had been a flop Ford/Shelby didn't want to have used the GT350 name for a minor publicity stunt--its all about business.

The 2007 and 2008 SGT pay homage to a very limited car: the 1966 GT350H..the Hertz model...thus the silver stripes replacing bronze/gold (aka both metalic witht he bronze/gold reserved strictly for Hertz) and not white as classicly used by Shelby and as evidenced on the 07 GT500 . In this regard I really wish folks would buy a book and look at photos of 1966 GT350H's and see the stying cues tied to their 07 versions and stop doing stupid stuff like adding wings, window louvers, lower grills/fog lights....... Its based upon the 66 Shelby Mustang not the 67-- 66 Shelbys didn't have ducktail wings, window louvers, fog lights etc....

The GT350 is coming...just when is the question...2009? 2010?

04retro- Whew what a long read there and purely speculation at best on the Gt350. B)

Last fall or late summer Amy mentioned the reason they didnt do the Shelby GT in White with blue striopes because they had plans for that combo and gave us a wink. After seeing what is going on with the Supersnake I am thinking it will be a shelby conversion to the Shelby GT. You send the car back and she gets a SC and blue stripes and who knows what else and viola you have a GT350.

umm no..we have the current version of the GT350. there will be no Shelby GT350.

.....watch for it on the next generation Mustang 2010.

Last fall or late summer Amy mentioned the reason they didnt do the Shelby GT in White with blue striopes because they had plans for that combo and gave us a wink. After seeing what is going on with the Supersnake I am thinking it will be a shelby conversion to the Shelby GT. You send the car back and she gets a SC and blue stripes and who knows what else and viola you have a GT350.

......I don't think the will have an add on for the Shelby GT to become the 350. The name is too valuable and blue stripes on a black car?

.....Amy once said WHEN we do a GT350 it will be 400 HP and come in the two combinations of White and blue. It was posted on this forum. She later changed it to IF we do a GT350......Now it may have been late and was a typo or was it a Freudian slip???

Archived